Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Two days in a row and I can't play?

DenverRalphy
DenverRalphy
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, yesterday had maintenance problems... I can get past that. I was stuck without playing because by the time the servers came back up I had to go to bed for work this morning. I let it go because one day wasn't a big deal to me. However, I just get home from work today, and it's happening again?

C'mon... I'm as patient as most people can expect... but really?
  • patricia.harlowcub18_ESO
    The trend is not promising.
  • Gungnr
    Gungnr
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. 20 minutes of gametime and the boot. So 3 days of early access was two or three hours Tuesday.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you guys have unfortunate schedules. I've gotten at least 30 hours of solid playtime in since Sunday, and that's between work/rehearsal/sleep.
    ----
    Murray?
  • hhaagen79b14_ESO
    hhaagen79b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    On the bright side, they are technically giving us all an extra day of free play until our subscription starts.
    Edited by hhaagen79b14_ESO on 3 April 2014 21:30
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be glad you didn't get to play!

For the last couple of days, I had done nothing but exploring and doing quests, having fun.

Was the WORST time ever! I will defiantly be playing when the server is up. That will show these people!
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you guys have unfortunate schedules. I've gotten at least 30 hours of solid playtime in since Sunday, and that's between work/rehearsal/sleep.

Unfortunate work schedules shouldn't be an issue. Yesterday's issue was a North American Server issue, and the repair hit during NA prime time. Today it is now again NA prime time (give or take an hour depending on which coast you're on). I understand that issues need to be addressed as they happen. But to repeatedly hit your playerbase during primetime is never a good thing.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    If it makes you feel better, it doesn't look like they're fond of that extended downtime either.
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    Gungnr wrote: »
    Same here. 20 minutes of gametime and the boot. So 3 days of early access was two or three hours Tuesday.

Be thankful you didn't get the 5 Day Early Access, At the start there were so many bugs. And a lot of Maintenance/Down time.

Though, On the optimistic side of it all, Once they find each bug/issue, they should be able to keep the servers running and you should get to enjoy your experiences more. :)
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In what part of North America was a weekday morning considered "primetime"?
    ----
    Murray?
  • TJBs_Sharrarp
    TJBs_Sharrarp
    Soul Shriven
    In what part of North America was a weekday morning considered "primetime"?

This is what i was thinking too? I must have a crazy work schedule working 10am-6:30pm because I get off work and the servers are working lol
  • byghostlightrwb17_ESO
    its a brand new MMO in its launch week, we have already had far more stable time overall than most launches in ages, to say nothing of Diablo III and Simcity... patience. Would you rather a working game or a broken one?
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    You'll see on the login that they've given you an extra couple of days for your whining. You can login in and complain about the game now instead of the lack of a game.
  • ItISLupus
    ItISLupus
    From the TOS

ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, at any given time, or that it will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law, ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content, for any reason.

Also, I got the better portion of my 5 day access. So, I don't know what you lot are talking about. Server was down Monday 1am to 4pm while they investigated and patched a pretty serious bug. Aside from that servers were up.
    Edited by ItISLupus on 3 April 2014 22:40