Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Classes

ApexPredator276
I think that it should be put into consideration to put two new classes into the game. It would add a little bit more variety to the game.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    What for? And what classes would they put that isn't covered already by the other four?
  • Denssor
    Denssor
    ✭✭
    More variety? There are already too many builds I want to play and try out! Currently I'm trying out a sorcerer tank build. I saw a nightblade tank that I think will be fun to try out. A dragonknight mage, an archer templar, and a support tank templar are just few more builds I would like to try out at some point. So yea... I think there is enough variety with classes and builds at the moment.

The current classes have at least one skill that covers what you may want with your build. Damage, CC, self heal, group support, self support, etc. You can really build any class to fit any play style you choose.
  • Seanb0y16
    Seanb0y16
    I disagree. The classes are perfect. You can set up some crazy and unique builds just the way it is. There is so much you can do I feel like they should do a lifetime subscription.

How much more variety does one need if you can be a sorcerer with a board and sword?
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    What the game lacks in the traditional class variety, it MORE than makes up for in the weapon specialty. There is a myriad of combinations to explore, you just have to be a little adventurous ;)
  • ApexPredator276
    Yeah you guys are right after I played more I get it.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it should be put into consideration to put two new classes into the game. It would add a little bit more variety to the game.
    LOL!

Classes mean almost nothing in the game. Class-specific skills are a tiny fraction of the total skills in the game. You can literally make any character you want from existing templates already...you can have a Wizard that also uses swords and armor. You can have a Templar or Dragonknight that uses no weapons or armor at all. And everything inbetween.

More classes would be superflous...if anything, I think it should go the other direction. Just get rid of classes and make everything completely skill based. It's already 95% there now.

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd kinda rather less classes, but am all for more 'anyone can get em' skill trees.