Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Launcher and game lag.

jjmark
jjmark
Soul Shriven
Mostly just throwing this information out for extra confirmation and to assist the community.

My wife and I have both noticed that if we're experiencing "freezing" during our gaming sessions (for a few seconds at a time, usually when in high populations areas), closing out of the ESO launcher in the background, left over from opening the game, has fixed this issue.

So, my question is if anyone else has experienced this?
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    I got the same issue!
    I live for science!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes exactly same, since beta. Closing launcher in background will kill some processes which are using a lot of PC resources, which cause those 2-4 sec lags. If you have a look, you will see that there are processes not running after you close launcher.
    From beta forums i know it helped a lot of people with freezing issues so yes you are correct.

Just to add:best way, close launcher and set game priority to High(CTRL ALT DEL, task manager), just not any higher(dont go real time).
    Edited by Mortuum on 2 April 2014 17:39
  • lolage
    lolage
    I've noticed that both the ESO process and the launcher appear to balloon in RAM usage over the course of time, I suspect there are one or more memory leaks causing this for one reason or another. I regularly restart my ESO process every few hours as eso.exe ends up using 3-4 GB and the launcher if left open starts to consume upward of 1.6 GB.

There's also an issue with jumping onto objects whereby everything but the skybox disappears and isn't rendered, but my FPS drops down to 4. The only solution appears to be restarting the process here too, as the issue persists through login/outs.

Unsure if either of these sound familiar.
  • jjmark
    jjmark
    Soul Shriven
    I'll definitely be taking a look at the processes next time I load up. Same for my wife, since she plays on a laptop and occasionally runs into more problems (her comp restarted due to overheating, and I pointed out that her settings reverted back to high after the beta).