Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Servers should have a back-up

Resourceful
Resourceful
✭✭
You think they would have back-ups for the servers, so we can play while they re-configure the other one.

Meh oh well. Just a thought.
Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 2 April 2014 16:20
  • murpf
    murpf
    come on, this horse is dead. They are working on it.
  • Resourceful
    Resourceful
    ✭✭
    I am not complaining. I went to bed and woke up, did not call in sick to work, and am not spamming the log in button with withdrawal symptoms. Just having a discussion on ways to eliminate the issue in the future if possible. I'm far from server savy, so I'm sorry if it made no sense to you... and you didn't "get it".
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    roflol actually
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're killing me... I thought you meant the servers were back on line so I happily fired up the launcher :'( no joy.
    Oddly enough it seems the maintenance times start when I get home from work and am ready to play, also no joy.
    You think they would have back-ups for the servers, so we can play while they re-configure the other one.

Meh oh well. Just a thought.

Vogon Poet Laureate
  • eirimuilb14_ESO
    Titling the thread that way is a *** move.
  • Delerium
    Delerium
    ✭✭
    total bs to be honest.. I don't have a lot of free time.. finally had today off to play and this crap happens.. no announcement until 2 minutes before they take it down and absolutely no eta on when its coming back up.. I should have just gone to work. There isn't really any room for extended unannounced downtimes and poor communication that strings you along all day in today's market. I'll just go play something else and forget this game lol.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are the absolute worst thread-titler in history, bar none.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Senzoba1
    Senzoba1
    you should have added are to your title because I thought it was up to until I read your post
    Edited by Senzoba1 on 2 April 2014 16:14
  • Smoke
    Smoke
    Delerium wrote: »
    total bs to be honest.. I don't have a lot of free time.. finally had today off to play and this crap happens.. no announcement until 2 minutes before they take it down and absolutely no eta on when its coming back up.. I should have just gone to work. There isn't really any room for extended unannounced downtimes and poor communication that strings you along all day in today's market. I'll just go play something else and forget this game lol.

Bye

• sbanned_501005
    JUST HEARD 1-3 HOURS IF THAT HELPS ADD ME raylusion...level 1 and havent even created nothin :(
  • lfseeney_ESO
    lfseeney_ESO
    ✭✭
    Not to be a pain but from what source?
  • Resourceful
    Resourceful
    ✭✭
    But I put a hyphen, meaning back-up... like a back-up file... or a back-up drive... or a back-up SERVER... like a server back-up....... which is exactly what I put. Sorry for any confusion.
  • lfseeney_ESO
    lfseeney_ESO
    ✭✭
    One of the main issues having a MEGA Server, it all goes down at the same time.
  • Smoke
    Smoke
    Never thought 1 Thread Title could shatter so many hopes and dreams... lol
  • will.kowachb14_ESO
    will.kowachb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    misleading title.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 2 April 2014 16:21
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Noisivid
    Noisivid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smoke wrote: »
    Never thought 1 Thread Title could shatter so many hopes and dreams... lol
    yep, I might have to go outside or something. That might be a bit drastic though. Might just nuke some stuff in Torchlight 2 instead.

Vogon Poet Laureate
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    But I put a hyphen, meaning back-up... like a back-up file... or a back-up drive... or a back-up SERVER... like a server back-up....... which is exactly what I put. Sorry for any confusion.

Never explain a deftly handled back dooring. ;)

I enjoyed it.

The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Resourceful
    Resourceful
    ✭✭
    Will.kow,

I did not say THE SERVER IS BACK UP...

I said servers back-up. Meaning I am intending to discuss the servers back-up or maybe discuss an improvement plan for backing it up in the future. Misreading it and pointing the finger is shootable offence, no?
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Devs just announced the servers should be up by 2 pm EDT (11am PDT).

So I will twiddle my thumbs for the next 2 hours.... LOL
  • sinraven1642
    sinraven1642
    Soul Shriven
    This troll has been well fed, and is very successful!
    Edited by sinraven1642 on 2 April 2014 16:23