Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Spammer List

keifer76
keifer76
I am starting a list of gold spammers I have encountered if you guys want to copy and paste and share ones you get as well.

@cbxruanueskar @drd44erff @emilbbp @engomeske @hdshessch @houaneylo @ikalabeidl @itiringlam @ivykfmb @ngsinellij @nzaeauo4587 @peckpazb @penwschoul

As well as after posting I noticed these were deleted by staff Thanks, guys for being on the ball about these guys. People need to realize that there will always be morons that try to get a "leg" up in the game.
Edited by keifer76 on 2 April 2014 13:56
  • Hellsaint
    Hellsaint
    ✭✭✭
    This is pointless, clearly these bots are just names created by these lowlife scum mashing their face on the keyboard. If they are banned, they make a new account, make a new character, smash their face on the keyboard again and continue. Besides there are too many to count. Only good thing is that ZOS makes more money every time one of these accounts is banned, because these people have to purchase the game again.
    "Nords are so serious about beards. So many beards. M'aiq thinks they wish they had glorious manes like Khajiit."
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't post lists like this. 2 reasons:

1) Once the account is reported, it's going to be banned. The gold-seller knows this, and they use throwaway accounts for spamming.
    2) Most of these accounts are going to be legitimate players. If their account has been compromised, you're now going to put them on a list they don't belong on.
    ----
    Murray?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where are the gold spammers getting their accounts from, I don't believe they're paying for a pre-order for an account that will [hopefully] be banned shortly after they start spamming?

And before someone replies "stolen accounts" those the OP listed are highly unlikely to have been created by 'normal' players.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    So where are the gold spammers getting their accounts from, I don't believe they're paying for a pre-order for an account that will [hopefully] be banned shortly after they start spamming?

And before someone replies "stolen accounts" those the OP listed are highly unlikely to have been created by 'normal' players.

It's always stolen accounts. Some of those may be their own accounts (purchased with a stolen credit card), but there are plenty of "normal" user ID's in the OP.
    ----
    Murray?
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a lot of abcd's and variations of this and the asdfgh (keyboard) handles.
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Rizbin
    Rizbin
    Soul Shriven
    KerinKor wrote: »

If I had to guess, they ordered a bunch then canceled the order, still gaining access to early access. Once the game goes live and credit cards are required to play, things will get better (hopefully).
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Just use stolen CC's and then steal the accounts of those stupid enough to try to buy gold from them... wash and repeat.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I really doubt they are stolen at this point. I mean they have tons of cash from all that WoW gold they sold. They we spending a little of money now to get their phishing schemes rolling. After that it'll be stolen accounts.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on 2 April 2014 14:17
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • keifer76
    keifer76
    As far as making new characters is useless, when banned or even blocked it blocks the @name, but my thread was to only put up for ppl to get away from the spam in game, I know I do not like having to see it even temporarily when discussing things or trying to keep up with chat