Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone else having trouble deciding on a main?

ShadowWolf613
ShadowWolf613
✭✭✭
I enjoy all the classes so I have some questions or if anyone can tell me there opinions on what i'm doing.

I tried to decide in beta before game launched but can't decide.

My first character I wanted to make was a 2 handed weapon sorc wearing heavy Armour. I went down down the dark magic and the storm calling path there ( not sure if that is what it's called) Mainly in the dark magic path i liked the first ability and its knockdown. Storm calling I wanted more abilities to deal some damage.

My second character is a Templar. Now I tried a Templar with a bow but I'm just not liking the feel of bows in this game. I usually play range characters in almost all mmos. But the bow I just cant stand the feeling of it i guess. So far in the path i'm going down the spear path as I'm enjoying it. I did a mistake and put one into the solar path but ill just have to respec and fix that. As well I went and got a healing ability. As when i get higher level i plan on using a resto path so i can switch between dps and healer.

The 3rd character I haven't made yet and don't know too much about. But I'm also use to playing rouges and such in mmos. Rift I played marksman and WAR i played a witch elf. From beta I remember they have a drain ability that drains health from someone and restores your health or what not? One of the things I wanted to do was heal weather its myself or a group while dealing damage without a restoration staff. Sorta like DOK in WAR.

As for that those are my 3 choices. What are your opinions on them and is that possible to do with a night blade class?
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    With 8 slots and so many options, I don't think I will ever have a "Main", just a lot of alts that give me the option to play a different way depending on my "mood".

Can't wait for the ESO store to add extra character slots for us to buy...
    The Sidekick Order
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    dolmen wrote: »
    With 8 slots and so many options, I don't think I will ever have a "Main", just a lot of alts that give me the option to play a different way depending on my "mood".

Can't wait for the ESO store to add extra character slots for us to buy...

[
    I hear you. :P I usually like leveling one character to max level tho before I even consider making an alt :P
    Edited by ShadowWolf613 on 2 April 2014 15:43
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats siphoning skill line, playing nightblade myself. The healing done isnt very impressive on it, it only gives a regeneration buff. But im not magicka specced, just melee. Maybe on full magicka spec it will be more powerfull.
    There is some other skills that give hp to nearby allies in nightblade morphed skills, so nightblade/restoration staff might be an intresting way of healing, battlemonk or something :smiley:
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    Thats siphoning skill line, playing nightblade myself. The healing done isnt very impressive on it, it only gives a regeneration buff. But im not magicka specced, just melee. Maybe on full magicka spec it will be more powerfull.
    There is some other skills that give hp to nearby allies in nightblade morphed skills, so nightblade/restoration staff might be an intresting way of healing, battlemonk or something :smiley:

Thanks for the info. I might try it :). I guess i'll just have to have 3 mains. Although i think I'd rather the Templar over the sorc. I had alot of fun playing the templar last night. Ill try to the nightblade tonight after work
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going with the 3 mains too. One in each faction, and the 3 base classes I enjoyed (temp,sorc,nb). Figured I can always change their weap or armor style down the road with more skills.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »
    I'm going with the 3 mains too. One in each faction, and the 3 base classes I enjoyed (temp,sorc,nb). Figured I can always change their weap or armor style down the road with more skills.

Agree. I think i'm gonna try the nightblade tonight and then If i like it ill have both the templar and nightblade for now :P
  • SeñorCinco
    SeñorCinco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been having trouble creating a character since the beta wipe. When the game opened for the EA, I just sat in the creator for 6 hrs.... nothing.

During the last several betas, I created a character for every craft to test the functionality of using them to store materials for their associated craft. What I found was an amazing experience where I was literally playing all of them.

They each had a purpose to help each other by collecting materials in exchange for equipment and items.

This will yield crafters and allow for two main characters. I just created my Argonian Alchemist last night. After spending 2 hrs on her creation.

Tix-Wun-Shava emerged as an elderly Shadowscale that is a Master of the art and specializes in poisons.

Once developed, these 6 will be the core for helping mentor supply and advance any one of the two other spots. I will play many characters over ESO. Those two will be replaced as their characters grow stale and I become inspired to retire them and start anew.
    Words contained in posts, at which point I stop reading and will not respond...
    Toon / Mana / WoW or any acronym following "In ___" /
    Pets (when referring to summoned Daedra) / Any verbiage to express slang (ie, ending in uz,az,..) / Soul Stone
    ... to be continued.

Now, get off my lawn.

• disexistencenub19_ESO
    I feel your pain, as I've already created one of each class on all three factions and a bank alt. I almost leveled my bank alt actually, thinking to try a pure stam bow build, but I resisted. I realized I might need to get at least one character past level 10 first. =P

I have a Nord NB, which I plan to use as a tank (deathknight, blackguard, the antipaladin type) focusing on health regen, sword and board, and heavy armor. And/or an alternate build using a frost staff for dps if possible as a shadowcaster type.

My Sorc is a wee lizard, focusing mainly on staff heals, with the possible route of destruction staff as a storm and lightning dps/heal caster.

My Khajiit is a templar centered on 2 handed, with templar abilities being secondary to boost or patch heal on ocassion and I envision him to be a wandering adventurer along the lines of Minsc from Baldur's Gate in my head.

And lastly, comes my dark elf spellblade, or my version of it with dual wielding dragonknight and lots of fire and a complete dps focus. Might do fire staff as secondary weapon for that situation I may need some range.
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, as I've already created one of each class on all three factions and a bank alt. I almost leveled my bank alt actually, thinking to try a pure stam bow build, but I resisted. I realized I might need to get at least one character past level 10 first. =P

I have a Nord NB, which I plan to use as a tank (deathknight, blackguard, the antipaladin type) focusing on health regen, sword and board, and heavy armor. And/or an alternate build using a frost staff for dps if possible as a shadowcaster type.

My Sorc is a wee lizard, focusing mainly on staff heals, with the possible route of destruction staff as a storm and lightning dps/heal caster.

My Khajiit is a templar centered on 2 handed, with templar abilities being secondary to boost or patch heal on ocassion and I envision him to be a wandering adventurer along the lines of Minsc from Baldur's Gate in my head.

And lastly, comes my dark elf spellblade, or my version of it with dual wielding dragonknight and lots of fire and a complete dps focus. Might do fire staff as secondary weapon for that situation I may need some range.

They all sound great. My templar is 2 handed as well but more focused on the templar spear abilities.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    I have three Sorcerers , each a different race. I am now going to make three different Nightblades.

I know...I know
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    Willow wrote: »
    I have three Sorcerers , each a different race. I am now going to make three different Nightblades.

I know...I know

LOL :P As long as your having fun!