Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Missing/Not Implemented Features Thread!

Johnny_NO_skillz
Johnny_NO_skillz
✭✭✭
Hello everyone! So I am very much enjoying my travels in ESO so far - it's a great time and I'm very excited to see what the future holds for our little slice of MMO glory.

However, there are a few things I'm noticing in the game... Notably things that are absent that were previously planned to be in the game during the launch window.

NOT ALL of these things are absent... but are mysterious enigmatic...

I'll start naming a few off; feel free to contribute to the list and discuss where/how these features can be experienced, or perhaps when they'll actually be in the game.

- Werewolves. Probably the hottest topic; many rumors of high level werewolf mobs spawning in Mournhold/Riften. I have not yet seen one werewolf player or spoken to one. My guess is there are very few people actually at the level yet to unlock this skill tree.

- Vampires. Just as obscure as their hairy counterparts. I have heard no concrete speculation on vampires, nor have I met a player who claimed to be one. I can *ASSUME* that if they are not in the game as of now, they will be brought in with the Dark Brotherhood (speaking of which).

- Dark Brotherhood. VERY disappointing they aren't available in the game at launch... I believe it is (for the moment) confirmed they are indeed NOT in the game. Though the mysterious nature of this guild makes that claim difficult to verify... I pray they are not going to be a "DLC" or an "Expansion Set" due to their quintessential part in ES Lore... Everyone should experience them at least once.

- Thieves Guild. Another purposefully mysterious group of people. Where in Skyrim you couldn't get away from the ***, they are strangely vacant in ESO as of right now. No concrete evidence of their existence... can only assume they are NOT in the game as of now.

- Player Housing. Bethesda has dropped the ball on providing any information regarding this. No official word from the developers if this idea was just a rumor created by overzealous ES fans anxiously awaiting the launch, or if it was perhaps an idea they later scrapped, or even a feature to be included in a later date.

- Crime/Punishment. Is stealing/murder possible? Will these mechanics be introduced with the TG and DB? If so, will they be instanced? I haven't encountered a single friendly NPC mob that could be killed, nor have I found any houses I could "break into".

Anything I left out?

Any opinions?
Edited by Johnny_NO_skillz on 2 April 2014 06:52
  • Stoob
    Stoob
    ✭✭
    I agree that I haven't seen any of them either, But in all open-ness and possibly optimism:

The Vampires/Werewolves could prove to be difficult to gain, as the skill trees could be too powerful for a lower level.

Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild could quite possibly not have come into play yet, or it could be that after you do enough skills towards their "Skill Set", that you're visited by one like the old Morrowind/Oblivion used to do when visiting you in your sleep.
    An Eye For An Eye, Leaves The Whole World Blind.
  • eterpage
    eterpage
    Soul Shriven
    They should bring the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild soon, I mean MMO soon anyway. It is a major part of the elder scrolls so it definitely shouldn't be in an expansion, maybe patch 1.1 or something.

People in the world seem to think Vamps and Werewolves are live at the moment, just higher level, but I haven't met one so I guess it's still speculation.

They still should fix the quests before worrying about either though. And the falling off your horse thing.
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Stoob wrote: »
    I agree that I haven't seen any of them either, But in all open-ness and possibly optimism:

The Vampires/Werewolves could prove to be difficult to gain, as the skill trees could be too powerful for a lower level.

Dark Brotherhood/Thieves Guild could quite possibly not have come into play yet, or it could be that after you do enough skills towards their "Skill Set", that you're visited by one like the old Morrowind/Oblivion used to do when visiting you in your sleep.

Very true - the phrase "cautious optimism" comes to mind... However, I have seen footage of werewolf game play from the beta, so there is that. As far as vampire, I have no clue. The most logical thing would they would be directly connected to the DB... unless there are some vampire mobs hiding out in some dark cave somewhere we haven't discovered yet...
  • Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Thieves guild and dark brotherhood should be in the first big patch, if not soon after, they have this stuff in the pipeline.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vampires and werewolves definitely are in the game. I wish they had launched with dark brotherhood and theives guild but they said they are coming soon.
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    vampires and werewolves definitely are in the game. I wish they had launched with dark brotherhood and theives guild but they said they are coming soon.

Any sources for Vampires??

• Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    The vampires are in the game, you can even look at the skill line on eso head, as for dark brotherhood and thieves guild, i think they are adding in a crime and punishment system and taht is why its taking longer.... because why steal if it isnt illegal? =) or murder people for that matter, lol.
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Varko wrote: »
    The vampires are in the game, you can even look at the skill line on eso head, as for dark brotherhood and thieves guild, i think they are adding in a crime and punishment system and taht is why its taking longer.... because why steal if it isnt illegal? =) or murder people for that matter, lol.

Speaking of which stealing/murder ... how can these things even be done... might add it to the list.

I haven't encountered a single friendly NPC that could be killed, nor have I seen houses that can be broken into?

• Varko
    Varko
    ✭✭
    Varko wrote: »

Speaking of which stealing/murder ... how can these things even be done... might add it to the list.

I haven't encountered a single friendly NPC that could be killed, nor have I seen houses that can be broken into?

Probably why those things arent in the game lol, my guess is there will be instanced version of houses or npcs that we can kill and stuff maybe even based from a quest from the guilds themselves.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

Any sources for Vampires??

I was/am in the long term test server and can confirm vampires and werewolves are currently in the game, and it is possible to become one, however it is not easy.

Thieves guild I could definitely see happening in a few months, I imagine the dark brotherhood would be after that, guild wise.

• snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamps and wolves are in the game
    the two guilds were announced as being added in port launch. I believe it said they would be in the first additional content update but not sure if I am remembering that part correctly.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Johnny_NO_skillz
    Johnny_NO_skillz
    ✭✭✭
    Come on Vampire people... cite your sources! :) Let's see an article or a video, or even a screen shot validating your response. Otherwise this is as useful as zone chat.

They are probably in the game... but has NO ONE any official information regarding their whereabouts?

Added some new things to the list.

Thoughts?
    Edited by Johnny_NO_skillz on 2 April 2014 06:54