Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PS4 Pro: beta update 4.5 "boost mode"

RouDeR
RouDeR
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anybody here have acces to the beta 4.5 update which includes the boost mode for older games like ESO . I will be happy to recieve some feedback , mby @ZOS_GinaBruno can give us some information for this mode ,is it gonna affect ESO, if not is it gonna be considered for future compatability .. etc.. :)?
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Does anybody here have acces to the beta 4.5 update which includes the boost mode for older games like ESO . I will be happy to recieve some feedback , mby @ZOS_GinaBruno can give us some information for this mode ,is it gonna affect ESO, if not is it gonna be considered for future compatability .. etc.. :)?

That's for games without Pro enhancements. It uses that extra system power to give a slight performance improvement. Eso has a pro mode thus that power is being used.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read unofficial information , that the boost mode will offer additional cpu overclock to the current 2.1 ghz on the PRO , so we may see slight improvement in performance ,cuz ESO is CPU demanding game.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read unofficial information , that the boost mode will offer additional cpu overclock to the current 2.1 ghz on the PRO , so we may see slight improvement in performance ,cuz ESO is CPU demanding game.
    But i think it wont be significant overclock mby to 2.3-2.4 ghz
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't, boost mode just disables compatibility mode for games which wasn't built with latest SDK