Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Guidelines for Bug Report Forum

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Welcome to the ESO Bug Report forum!

In this section, we’d like you to post any issues you run into while playing ESO. With reports being in one, centralized location, our team will be able to triage information a bit more easily and address issues faster.

When submitting a bug report, please follow the rules outlined below:
  • If there's an existing thread that summarizes the same issue you've run into, we’d prefer you reply to that thread instead of creating a new one.
    • Doing so will cut down on the amount of duplicated threads created, and will also aid us if we need additional information or are giving a status update for an issue.
  • If you're creating a new thread, make sure your thread title summarizes the issue.
    • Simply saying “combat issue” isn’t as helpful for us.
  • Include your platform and megaserver in the post.
  • If you're run into multiple issues, create one thread per issue.
    • While we appreciate the intent for compilation threads, it makes tracking and gathering information more difficult.
  • There's no such thing as too much information!
    • Things that help us include your character name, the exact location you were in when you saw the issue, what you were doing just prior to running into the issue, and any possible repro steps.
  • Screenshots and videos also help immensely!

We may periodically ask for more information in your thread, and we'll do our best to give status updates as well. That said, please understand that we're not able to reply to every thread (but we are reading!)

Please continue to report issues found on the PTS in that category. If you're running into a technical problem, go ahead and post in the existing Technical Support sections. Remember, this section is strictly intended to be for bugs; any feedback or game discussions should be posted in the appropriate forum category.

Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this different from the /BUG command?

Edit... and why is this under General and not Customer Support
    Edited by Elsonso on 5 October 2016 13:56
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if I find a bug, should I now post it here instead of reporting it ingame? Or should I still report them ingame and only post here if I think other players should know about the bug aswell?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes when going into or out of combat, your weapons will unsheathe randomly for no reason, been in the game for a real long time now and as far as i known, the devs have not even cofirmed they know about it
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    So if I find a bug, should I now post it here instead of reporting it ingame? Or should I still report them ingame and only post here if I think other players should know about the bug aswell?

/bug is still preferred, but in the event you want to provide more information or aren't logged in, you can post them here.

Also, we're going to lock this post as it wasn't really meant to be a discussion thread. Sorry about that! Please reach out if you have any questions, though.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.