Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Plus Ripoff.

Daz1380
Daz1380
Soul Shriven
Just looked at PS4 faq and found out they will only be offering 1 month subscriptions so no 3 or 6 month discount. Also on PS4 it's £9.99 a month not £8.99 like pc version. As we also have to have Playstation plus as well I'm feeling like console users are being rip off.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woah... I didn't realise it was cheaper on PC...

I'm getting less and less willing to give Zenimax any more money, because they seem more and more to be not caring about loyal players.

Which is a shame - because the game is great, and I think most of the staff really do care about it. Just... somewhere something is going wrong and zenimax is continuing to look like a money-grab and run company... :-(
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Fhaerron
    Fhaerron
    ✭✭✭
    The base price of the game is also higher on PS4/Xone like most other games.

GTAV on PC was 59,99 and on PS4 it was 69,99
    The WItcher III on PC was 59,99 and on PS4 it was 69,99
    Etc ...

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    and of course PC version is now genuinely not pay to play but the PS4 version requires a Playstation subscription that costs
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• RecklessWabbit
    RecklessWabbit
    Soul Shriven
    ESO Plus and crowns are likely more expensive on PS4 due to fees imposed by Sony.
  • Draxeus1
    Draxeus1
    Soul Shriven
    No one is forcing you to get eso plus...
  • Fhaerron
    Fhaerron
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    and of course PC version is now genuinely not pay to play but the PS4 version requires a Playstation subscription that costs

90% of all PS4 games require you to have PSN plus to access online feature. This is not Zenimax fault this is Sony's fault. Same goes with M$ and Xbox.
  • TonyTheGator
    TonyTheGator
    Soul Shriven
    The price of buying the game is irrelevent when considering the value of the ESO Plus subscription across different platforms. The outlay becomes an issue when you have to factor in an online subscription like PSN or MS Live. At least the game can be played online with no extra fee if you don't subscribe to the ESO Plus add-on. But it does create a false false two tier ESO game player mindset. The free-ride player and the perceived fare paying member of the club player. The latter claiming entitlement over game status and content/improved gameplay/bug fixing etc.,

If the game is to be improved or fixes applied then it must be done for the benefit of all who buy the game. ESO Plus is a subscription enabling paying players in-game advantages over non-subscribers. It shouldn't be seen as a shares buying programme in the software unless it is clearly stated in the T&C.

Whether its gaming advantages are worthy of the subscription is something only the players can assess. I for one will not be buying-into the addition cost as I doubt the advantages will add anything tangible to my personal enjoyment of the game.

I am finding the game frustrating with far too many imperfections and glitches to invest more income into it. Bugs and issues will be fixed or not fixed without my £120 per annum. The incentive to improve the game lies with its coders and their wish to create a great game.
  • Kazzy56
    Kazzy56
    ✭✭✭
    I figure its like this. If I want to play with no subscription, I will. Since I already sub yearly to PSN Plus..no biggie and if I didn't I would happily have paid to play this wonderful game.
    If I want to subscribe to ESO Plus, I will, if not no biggie.
    I want a first rate game to keep me occupied...for that to happen developers, artists, coders, and the hundreds of people who make and maintain the games must be, nay deserve, to be paid.
    ;)
    Young at heart. Slightly older in other places.
    PS4 player.
    If everything was perfect there would be nothing to strive for.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire point of 90 and 180 day subscriptions is to get the crowns allotment up front. The $3 & $12 discounts are just added incentive for guaranteed support. The fact that ESO has no long-term subscriptions on consoles is problematic and demonstrates the inequality between PC and console players. Hopefully ZOS will remedy this but it does not set a good precedent for how console players will be treated as the lack of long-term subscriptions was never noted by ZOS. Their ommission is disheartening to say the least.

Also the premium bundle is an outright slap in the face to those of us that pre-ordered as it includes $120 worth of content for $100. Money-grab indeed.