Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Petrify and its morphs

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a very serious note.

Break Free.

If you can't Break Free, you're already dead.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imdrefan wrote: »
    Lhorion wrote: »
    petrify OP, add cast time like everyone else has to do with comparable abilities.

Sorc Scrub Out (see what i did there, god i find that dk's ending to every post annoying as hell).

Templar has the spearshard as A CC through block without casttime.

Are you sure about that?
    Yes.
    Because I can!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    On a very serious note.

Break Free.

If you can't Break Free, you're already dead.

Then Fossilize is broken right now ;) .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »
    i'm still unsure if the damage overflow bug exists or not.
    i keep hearing contradicting things.

if it exsisted, wouldn't pve tanks oneshot themselves if they activated hardened armor before a boss heavy attack?

Hard to tell, PvE tanks will always block heavy attacks from bosses, they sort of blocks 90% of the time cuz lazy and can. Block mitigation from passives and skills, soaks up a lot. Not sure they even notice if one of many hits does full dmg, due to a smaller shield being up.

But you make a very good point, I'm not sure I believe in damage overflow now either. For sure there's bad skill- and mechanic in this game, but that one would be outrageously stupid. It means that pretty much all shields can result in being 1 shot. Let's say there's only a sliver left of Barrier, Hardened Ward or Obsidian Shield, that should also kill you the same way, unless blocking.

even more so, since the "damage overflow" legend somehow means no mitigation and blocking and passives are another form of mitigation that are not taken into accoutn for damage vs sdamage shields. hence a heavy attack overflow should always oneshot them, imho.

regarding the overflow myth, my heavy attack normaly does ~8-10k crits on light armor wearing people this guy is a heavy armor user with 3 pieces of nirn...
    7ZzEzbW.png

Edited by Tankqull on 23 April 2015 12:57
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good dks and nightblades will use this overflow damage from shields to there advantage. they will attack your shield just enough not to break it, fear or petrify you and wtf pwn your ass because of the time it takes to cc break most the time is longer then their next ability which is wrecking blow or that back stab combo the NB does. CC break animation needs to be increased and should not use the global cool down timer.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    say the overflow bug exists.
    Tankqull wrote: »
    eliisra wrote: »
    i'm still unsure if the damage overflow bug exists or not.
    i keep hearing contradicting things.

if it exsisted, wouldn't pve tanks oneshot themselves if they activated hardened armor before a boss heavy attack?

Hard to tell, PvE tanks will always block heavy attacks from bosses, they sort of blocks 90% of the time cuz lazy and can. Block mitigation from passives and skills, soaks up a lot. Not sure they even notice if one of many hits does full dmg, due to a smaller shield being up.

But you make a very good point, I'm not sure I believe in damage overflow now either. For sure there's bad skill- and mechanic in this game, but that one would be outrageously stupid. It means that pretty much all shields can result in being 1 shot. Let's say there's only a sliver left of Barrier, Hardened Ward or Obsidian Shield, that should also kill you the same way, unless blocking.

even more so, since the "damage overflow" legend somehow means no mitigation and blocking and passives are another form of mitigation that are not taken into accoutn for damage vs sdamage shields. hence a heavy attack overflow should always oneshot them, imho.

regarding the overflow myth, my heavy attack normaly does ~8-10k crits on light armor wearing people this guy is a heavy armor user with 3 pieces of nirn...
    7ZzEzbW.png

really interesting. i used to preach about the overflow stuff to my group. eventually, those with a strong pve background convinced me the overflow was nothing but a myth.
    Now i'm unsure once more. I should probably take the time and try to find someone with a non-AD char so we can do tests.

Edited by Kas on 24 April 2015 08:36
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others