Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

This game is too hard. ZOS needs to make it more like Diablo (not d2 or d3, those were hard too)

• Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    This game and story is too easy... consider a different approach and no I am not playing some OP build.. I play nightblade and showing some sense into what I do... and no I hate staffs.. regular dual wield and bow here.

You, sir also fail at reading comprehension and detecting hyperbole. Try actually reading the post and you might get the joke(s).
    Edited by Wargasmo on 28 May 2014 14:45
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    Wargasmo wrote: »
    too hard for u? Simple, reroll a dk and the game will become easy

Wow you’re right. I just rolled a DK and I got to lvl 3 and in the middle of a fight my ultimate banner of win poped up. I had initially thought that all the banner did was make me feel better about myself, but I guess it actually does damage. So I hit the button and the whole zone explodes and I level 47 times +12 VR levels. I later found out that when I hit the button, it wasn’t just the zone. Everything in the game died. And all the Nightblade players were hit so hard they were knocked offline and the force traveled through the internet, deleted their characters, rerolled them as DK's, and smacked them in the face IRL.

i, as a NB player can confirm this. my cheek still hurts :(

It smacked him so hard I rerolled a DK and I'm a Sorc.
    Edited by Pyatra on 28 May 2014 18:14
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice post.

All I can say to some replies is;

Woooosh..........
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah the OP's joke post going right over so many peoples' heads.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didnt even finish reading it. Really? Really? Seriously really? To hard? You seriously put this post up not expecting comments? Feed the troll!
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt even finish reading it. Really? Really? Seriously really? To hard? You seriously put this post up not expecting comments? Feed the troll!
    That was an obvious joke post. If you bothered reading past the first couple of sentences, you'd smile quite a bit.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious, I rarely actually "laugh out loud" when reading something, but this thread had me rolling.

Go back and read it. Until then, lol @ you and the others like you. In case you aren't sure what I mean, the OP doesn't actually think the game is hard.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on 28 May 2014 19:54
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Read first paragraph. I was like "Really? Oh god... another one?" Read second paragraph. Snickered, "Oh, I see what's going on here." Read last paragraph. Fruit punch out of my nose...

OP wins the internet this week! XD
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    I would have been amused by the OP except being unaware of the skill bar and not stepping outside the red zones are not the reasons why some people think this game is too difficult. Now if the post had been about a pack of three mobs including a healer that protects a quest objective, then maybe I would find some humor here.

Thanks, lonepirate, for reminding me to add that gripe I had about difficulty to my op post. I'll be sure to give you credit for reminding me about how hard it is to interrupt, mitigate damage, and spam cc abilities on mobs.
  • MaxBat
    MaxBat
    ✭✭✭
    God, don't do this again. I hurt myself laughing.

(Nicely played, BTW.)
    "Funny that magic doesn't work when a mace caves in your skull."

Playing on a PC, NA Server, since that very first day ...
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    i died laughing and read it word for word! wargasmo for emperor. and wargasmo for zenimax executive director.
    Natjur ✭✭✭
    4:24PM
    There is currently only two classes in this game, DK and Sorcs.
    Templar's and NB are just 'extras' that have not been removed yet.
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    now for my fail post.

i was a templar tank. with 2000 armor and 2000 spell resistance and 2000 health.

i had like 1400 magic and 1700 stamina.

i came encountered with the beetle of doom in a desert called ali'kir in a veteran 4 zone no longer part of the ebon heart pact.

this beetle bit off one of my arms after i used ransack i tryed to retaliate with crippling slash to even my odds so he got mad and bit off my other arm

so now im deep into this epic battle and the beetle calls his second friend.
    and my worst enemy another beetle of doom

im scared so i heal myself with this bull.s.hit skill called lingering ritual then i use another skill called unstoppable thinking with a name that bada.s.s it might help

so each beetle bites off my legs so im laying in the desert like a paraplegic and i see my death is imminent and my battle with marco polo and molag bal flashes before my eyes.

then this dragon knight or sorcerer they are casters use the same armor all look alike i don't know what the hell he was honestly. comes in casts a couple of spells slaughters the beetles of doom.

he looks down and says you must be a templar or a nightblade LOL

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by fyrefenix on 1 June 2014 15:20
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    fyrefenix wrote: »
    now for my fail post.

i was a templar tank. with 2000 armor and 2000 spell resistance and 2000 health.

i came encountered with the beetle of doom in a desert called ali'kir in a veteran 4 zone no longer part of the ebon heart pact.

this beetle bit off one of my arms after i used ransack i tryed to retaliate with crippling slash to even my odds so he got mad and bit off my other arm

im scared so i heal myself with this [snip] skill called lingering ritual then i use another skill called unstoppable thinking with a name that bada.s.s it might help

so each beetle bites off my legs so im laying in the desert like a paraplegic and i see my death is imminent and my battle with marco polo and molag bal flashes before my eyes.

then this dragon knight or sorcerer they are casters use the same armor all look alike i don't know what the hell he was honestly. comes in casts a couple of spells slaughters the beetles of doom.

Those beetles really traumatized you didn't they?

[Moderator Edit: Edited quote from moderated post.]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on 1 June 2014 12:17
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    The community is terrible about helping too. I keep asking for help but ppl just respond L2P.But there isn't any of this stuff. We're all doomed. This game is dumb and hard and impossible and imma unsub now.

/L2P

Seriously this game isn't difficult: For WoW Noobs... perhaps. Nevertheless the nature of the game is fine. And Templars are actually strong btw: You are not playing them right. Find an elite PvP guild and I assure you their Templars will tell you how to use them (in PvE) properly.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on 29 May 2014 03:56
    Indeed it is so...
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭
    fyrefenix wrote: »
    now for my fail post.

im scared so i heal myself with this bulls.h.i.t skill called lingering ritual then i use another skill called unstoppable thinking with a name that bada.s.s it might help

Those beetles really traumatized you didn't they?

oh yeah i just login for mats, i saw this npc chick in the desert she started following me and did more damage then me. had she not been with me the beetles would get me again
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    The community is terrible about helping too. I keep asking for help but ppl just respond L2P.But there isn't any of this stuff. We're all doomed. This game is dumb and hard and impossible and imma unsub now.

/L2P

Seriously this game isn't difficult: For WoW Noobs... perhaps. Nevertheless the nature of the game is fine. And Templars are actually strong btw: You are not playing them right. Find an elite PvP guild and I assure you their Templars will tell you how to use them (in PvE) properly.

How did you manage to get that far into the post and miss the joke? Usually it's just ppl who don't read but you... Maybe you're just special. Not in a good way. Do you often misunderstand raid instructions too? Take jokes about red circles giving you buffs seriously much? Did you know that gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Lemme spell it out for you. No I don't think this game is hard. The post is supposed to be a gross hyperbole satire of other people making serious posts crying about the game being difficult. Hence I gradually make complaints and claims that become progressively more and more outlandish and less and less believable until the reader inevitably understands that the post is a joke. Unfortunately, a lot of you guys seem to not have paid much attention in English literature and the joke is lost on so many sad sad souls
    Edited by Wargasmo on 29 May 2014 14:21
  • fyrefenix
    fyrefenix
    ✭✭✭

/L2P

How did you manage to get that far into the post and miss the joke? Usually it's just ppl who don't read but you... Maybe you're just special. Not in a good way.

Lemme spell it out for you. No I don't think this game is hard. The post is supposed to be a gross hyperbole satire of other people making serious posts crying about the game being difficult. Hence I gradually make complaints and claims that become progressively more and more outlandish and less and less believable until the reader inevitably understands that the post is a joke. Unfortunately, a lot of you guys seem to not have paid much attention in English literature and the joke is lost on so many sad sad souls

some people have no sense of humor whatsoever and consider themselves elitests and what not. i think the post was awesome and you inspired me to do a mini one myself to lighten my discontent
    Natjur ✭✭✭
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hilarious, I rarely actually "laugh out loud" when reading something, but this thread had me rolling.

Go back and read it. Until then, lol @ you and the others like you. In case you aren't sure what I mean, the OP doesn't actually think the game is hard.

Sounds like Im the fool. Sorry!
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    How did you manage to get that far into the post and miss the joke? Usually it's just ppl who don't read but you... Maybe you're just special. Not in a good way.

I think he was making a joke too... refusing to break character to keep the humor going. At least I hope he was? Does trollage of that magnitude really exist? The horror...

• Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    aw trolls are supposed to make their posts quirky, full of biting humor, and well thought out. You know, like me!
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭

...If there is a joke in that wall of text I read way too many times... then your an /epicfail comedian LOL.

BTW not all of us live in Northeast USA so not all of us are "stupid" enough to understand that "Seinfeld" humor of urs.

In either case... the simple act of posting the post; a joke or not, the headline alone will cause grief. Someone scanning the forums looking for a reason not to play will use your thread among others as an excuse not to.

Thus,

/LTP
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on 29 May 2014 16:31
    Indeed it is so...
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Sit on a whoopie cushion for him. That might be the way to go...

• Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In either case... the simple act of posting the post; a joke or not, the headline alone will cause grief. Someone scanning the forums looking for a reason not to play will use your thread among others as an excuse not to.

Thus,

/LTP

Someone browsing the forums and looking for a reason to play who then stumbles across any of your posts would probably be turned off as well. You think you are doing the game a service by trying to be 100% serious and positive all the time but in reality it is the exact opposite. Honest feedback and humor can go a long way to improving a community and even bringing in new players.

The stance that you take on these forums just makes you look bad.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on 29 May 2014 18:56
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • wesly.backersb16_ESO
    This is fun!

+1