Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

This game is too hard. ZOS needs to make it more like Diablo (not d2 or d3, those were hard too)

Wargasmo
Wargasmo
✭✭✭
I play a Vr11 templar and I think this game is too hard. It was near impossible to finish the original story line because the game expects me to kill more than 1 enemy at a time a lot. There was this one quest where I kept on getting ganked by this Italian dude maniparco or marcopolo or something. I just wanted to destroy some pillars, but everytime I tried to do my quest I would have to fight him and he kept calling in guildmates to help him fight like 4 at a time. Eventually my character ran out of life. I was stuck on this encounter for over 9000 attempts. I tried talking to him and telling him it wasn’t fair that he brought help and I didn’t but he won’t listen to me or reply. I tried to get my guild to help but marcopolo is camping them all too. At the same quest. I think marcopolo and his guild are hacking to be in so many ppl’s instances at the same time. I thought the itialians had their own European server too.

Anyway, this one amazing player in my guild finally told me that I could put abilities on my skill bar and I beat the fight. I think the game doesn’t do a good enough job telling me how to win because it never told me I had a skill bar or abilities or stat points. What do they expect me to do… use google or something? Lol.

Anyway, after I finally killed the Italian guy and his entire facist guild, I got stuck on the last boss in cold harbor. I thought the amulet thingy was supposed to make me all powerful but I had to take a dump in the middle of the fight and when I came back 20 minutes later my character was almost dead and I couldn’t heal myself in time to save my life. They need to nerf this fight.

Once I got in to VR content, I started dying to everything. I cant kill anything anymore. Stuff keeps on putting red circles under me and then I die. It’s like that movie. Before I die I see the ring. One of my guildmates tells me to move out of the ring. But how am I supposed to move and use abilities at the same time. That defeats the whole purpose of this skill bar thing I just found out about. So I told him he was an elitist prick and got him kicked out of the guild. Lol.

Anyway, I haven’t been able to quest or anything because I cant solo anymore. I tried to group but I keep dying. And my groups keep dying. The boss fights always go well for like 10 seconds. Then the boss does something and we die. ZOS needs to stop letting bosses use abilities. It’s not fair because their abilities hit me harder than my abilities hit them. And the bosses use the red ring on the ground that kills me too. It goes off too fast and I rarely see it because I’m zoomed in to play 1st person. After all, ZOS wouldn’t have put first person view in the game unless we were meant to play that way. In any case, panning my camera between the boss and the ground back and forth makes me dizzy. After a few seconds I have to close my eyes and that’s when the boss always puts the circle on me and kills me. They shouldn’t be able to attack me when I’m not ready. One of my group members says that we're not dying to the boss, we're dying to the first trash pull. I think this is nonsense. Only a boss could kill us that fast. But he's right about the pull being trash. Only a trash game makes it so that players can't progress and have fun.

So this is my dilemma. I thought it would be better if I leveled up so I found this rabbit outside one of the VR towns. It gave me 15 vet xp per kill and I’ve made it to VR 11. Now that I’m stronger I thought that bosses would be scared of me and not use abilities but they killed me with that dumb red ring again.

I need help. Does anyone know if there is a character trainer I can download for ESO? Preferably one that will give me a godly plate of the whale and a few obsidian rings/ammys of the zodiac. It would be nice if they had god mode too. After all, I just want to be super powerful and enjoy the story, lore, and content in the game. I pay a sub so I should be able to play the game and have fun any way I want to right? I shouldn't have to be confined to cookie cutter builds. I want to play a rainbow spotted naked Templar 2h ranged dps caster with 49 points into stam that beats people to death with a phallic club of doom that shoots lightning bolts and melts my enemies if they step within a 10 foot radius of me. That's why I named myself wargasmo, after all. It would be cool. ZOS should make it so that my idea works since they advertised this game as play it your way.

The community is terrible about helping too. I keep asking for help but ppl just respond L2P. I don't understand how this helps, as my L is bound to walk/run toggle, 2 is my /cry emote and P is my party chat. Maybe it's a code or something. Does anyone know where to input it to activate whatever it does?

Edit:
LonePirate wrote: »
I would have been amused by the OP except being unaware of the skill bar and not stepping outside the red zones are not the reasons why some people think this game is too difficult. Now if the post had been about a pack of three mobs including a healer that protects a quest objective, then maybe I would find some humor here.

Oh ya, I almost forgot about that one. Did I mention that the enemy npc’s out there are all part of a giant conspiracy to work together against me? I mean, I tried to attack this melee dude earlier for standing on top of a quest objective that I wanted to click on and this archer next to him started shooting arrows at me and making red rings of death under my feet. But, you know, I’ve gotten better since my noobish days and now I can heal myself while standing in fire. The part that really gets me is that there’s a third npc that helps out the first 2 and he like… heals them when they get low on life. This is totally unfair, as I now cannot kill any of them. And sooner or later, when I get low and try to heal myself through the fire and arrow storm I’m standing in the first melee dude knocks me down or knocks me back and interrupts my heal cast and I die.

This is stupid. How am I supposed to stop the third npc from healing his friends? How am I supposed to stop this melee guy from knocking me on the ground? I dont have skills that knock down or knock back like these npc's and it's not like there are these buttons I can hit to interrupt casts or block abilities or anything, and it's not like there's an ability that allows me to exchange a portion of my 49 stamina to break out of cc once I get knocked down or something like that. I wish there was this skill that started with Volcanic and ended with Rune that was available to every class in the game that I could just spam over and over and win because it's aoe and knocks stuff in the air repeatedly so it can't fight back. I wish getting this ability was really easy... something that didn't require any combat or skill... something like going around and reading a bunch of lore books in lowbie zones. But there isn't any of this stuff. We're all doomed. This game is dumb and hard and impossible and imma unsub now.
Edited by Wargasmo on 28 May 2014 21:46
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    haha :smiley:

+10 internetz for this post
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    too hard for u? Simple, reroll a dk and the game will become easy
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best post of the day OP.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭

Wow you’re right. I just rolled a DK and I got to lvl 3 and in the middle of a fight my ultimate banner of win poped up. I had initially thought that all the banner did was make me feel better about myself, but I guess it actually does damage. So I hit the button and the whole zone explodes and I level 47 times +12 VR levels. I later found out that when I hit the button, it wasn’t just the zone. Everything in the game died. And all the Nightblade players were hit so hard they were knocked offline and the force traveled through the internet, deleted their characters, rerolled them as DK's, and smacked them in the face IRL.

Edited by Wargasmo on 27 May 2014 18:36
  • Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    VR 12 DK lfg craiglorn trials
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lolz. Wonder how long before someone post a rant after reading a couple of lines :)
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I was like /facepalm

then i was like /rofl

+1 awesome
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wargasmo wrote: »

Wow you’re right. I just rolled a DK and I got to lvl 3 and in the middle of a fight my ultimate banner of win poped up. I had initially thought that all the banner did was make me feel better about myself, but I guess it actually does damage. So I hit the button and the whole zone explodes and I level 47 times +12 VR levels. I later found out that when I hit the button, it wasn’t just the zone. Everything in the game died. And all the Nightblade players were hit so hard they were knocked offline and the force traveled through the internet, deleted their characters, rerolled them as DK's, and smacked them in the face IRL.

i, as a NB player can confirm this. my cheek still hurts :(
  • columbineb14_ESO
    columbineb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, lookit that, I CAN give the same post both an Awesome and a LOL. How about that :p
    I have just told you more than I know.
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    ganked by this Italian dude maniparco or marcopolo or something.

Marsipulami

Marsupilami_1.jpg

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would have been amused by the OP except being unaware of the skill bar and not stepping outside the red zones are not the reasons why some people think this game is too difficult. Now if the post had been about a pack of three mobs including a healer that protects a quest objective, then maybe I would find some humor here.
  • Mjoel
    Mjoel
    ✭✭
    d2 and d3 are hard? not really...

you should try another class maybe the templar is not the right one for you (DK or Sorc maybe)
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL! Ok, you almost got me. I was dumbfounded for a minute or two, because I cannot believe that anyone could be more clueless about video games than me. Stone age Amazonian kids could probably run circles around me in video games.

Was about to say, did we play the same Diablo 1? :) In that game, you had to hunt for your spells, in the form of books you found on shelves, and you couldn't use a town portal scroll until you got down to the fifth level.

At least it did attempt to randomize your quests. Diablo 2 sucked for its on-rails garbage and its goofy skill trees - I didn't really like it as much as D1. I think many who raved about D2 never played D1. The only thing 2 had over 1 was the stash - otherwise it was the same stupid Tetris game with inventory, that was the worst thing about those games.

D3 - boring, very boring, though I don't have the expansion. The only reason I have it in the first place is because of Annual Pass. ie, I got it for free, legally.

I wish Blizz would re-release D1 with updated graphics and a D3 style inventory. But they won't do that, because Blizzard North is a bad ghost to them.
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on 27 May 2014 19:48
  • Wargasmo
    Wargasmo
    ✭✭✭
    d2 and d3 are hard? not really...

you should try another class maybe the templar is not the right one for you (DK or Sorc maybe)

Either the wall of text crit this guy way to hard or he really needs to work on reading comprehension. :)
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This post was fun. I play FP mostly and ya know it's not hard to dodge the attacks, even in FP.

Dude ya smoke the healers first. I pay no attention, well not much to the rest till that one is gone.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    hilarious how many ppl in here didnt get this post :smiley:
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    This guy must be a NB. Lol.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »
    This guy must be a NB. Lol.

Like take what he said and blame DK. Then state NB needs to get buffed or will quit to be bad in a different game.

Lol. NB. Lol.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great post, Lol
  • JOnEB4EvR
    JOnEB4EvR
    +1 from me. Great read, especially being a templar.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dude ya smoke the healers first. I pay no attention, well not much to the rest till that one is gone.

You make it sound like the other two simply stand and wait for you to dispatch their buddy before attacking you or that your efforts to interrupt the healer are always 100% successful. In the VR zones, a mob trio with a healer is often tougher than a quest or dungeon boss. That sort of difficulty is ridiculous.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

You make it sound like the other two simply stand and wait for you to dispatch their buddy before attacking you or that your efforts to interrupt the healer are always 100% successful. In the VR zones, a mob trio with a healer is often tougher than a quest or dungeon boss. That sort of difficulty is ridiculous.

sry i dont wanna be a jerk but if a mob trio with a healer seriously gives u trouble thats really just a L2P issue. its really not hard to anticipate that heal and instantly interupt it and then just kill the healer. ive quested a NB to vr9 and never had any problems with those packs.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :lol:
    Thank you OP, that made me laugh.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • OnoSendai
    OnoSendai
    ✭✭
    Either the wall of text crit this guy way to hard or he really needs to work on reading comprehension. :)

Wall of Text hits balmung127eb17_ESO for 9999 Text damage. It's super effective!!
  • Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    Did smile, thank you for the post, OP.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its even funnier watching the derp posts from people who only read the title. This one is worth watching ;)
  • kalilkareem
    kalilkareem
    Soul Shriven
    Hear hear!
  • Darkro
    Darkro
    ✭✭✭
    Had a good laugh. Laughed even harder after seeing that some people that posted here, didn't catch on the joke.
    The amount of [snip] is to damn HIGH nowadays!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on 28 May 2014 12:58
  • Sangeet
    Sangeet
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade vs grp of 3, use fear - kill the healer, use the ultimate which reduces incomming healing on the healer, fear again, when the other 2 come back, repeat.
    Works with dualwield, but not with tanking 1h, shield and not with healing staff, also bow isnt working. Guild mate said that 2h works even better than dual wield.
    Edited by Sangeet on 28 May 2014 13:09
  • SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    This game and story is too easy... consider a different approach and no I am not playing some OP build.. I play nightblade and showing some sense into what I do... and no I hate staffs.. regular dual wield and bow here.