Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ezareth - Sorc Assassins PvP Video

• Suhxtob-yu
    Suhxtob-yu
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    With my existing build, I'm able to do damage (primarily through a focus on overload and elemental mastery), Mobility and high defense through bolt escape and shield spam, and break free-dodge roll/defensive posture spam through stamina regen and stamina cost-reduction enchants. Basically I'm able to have the best of all worlds and don't need to specialize in anything at all...

And this statement is basically the definition of what an OP class can do.....
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezareth can you confirm might of the guild increasing overload? for me it somehow does not thus i´m using power surge on my overloadbar adding a nice heal if i´m hitting a "reflector" while having a few balls on the way ^^
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see clear Stamina issues with Sorcs in this video *grin*

Was thinking the same thing it looked like one attack and he lost a third of his stam and bolted out. Only watched it once so might need to rewatch it.

Great video, though I have seen it in person already.
    Edited by Curragraigue on 11 April 2015 09:58
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suhxtob-yu wrote: »
    With my existing build, I'm able to do damage (primarily through a focus on overload and elemental mastery), Mobility and high defense through bolt escape and shield spam, and break free-dodge roll/defensive posture spam through stamina regen and stamina cost-reduction enchants. Basically I'm able to have the best of all worlds and don't need to specialize in anything at all...

Shhh.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • nothing2591
    nothing2591
    ✭✭✭
    nice video, what gear are you using ?
    VR16 nb rank 28 svampenn
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Suhxtob-yu wrote: »

If you want to take a quote out of context to confirm a belief that you hold despite all evidence to the contrary be my guest. That kind of mindset epitomizes why bad players remain bad patch after patch and never improve or learn.
    Tankqull wrote: »
    ezareth can you confirm might of the guild increasing overload? for me it somehow does not thus i´m using power surge on my overloadbar adding a nice heal if i´m hitting a "reflector" while having a few balls on the way ^^

I'm 99% certain that it does. I say 99% because god knows what they break / change every minor patch without notifying anyone and I can't be certain I've tested it since the last patch.
    I see clear Stamina issues with Sorcs in this video *grin*

Was thinking the same thing it looked like one attack and he lost a third of his stam and bolted out. Only watched it once so might need to rewatch it.

Great video, though I have seen it in person already.

With respect to stam I've never put an attribute point, set bonus or enchant into stam since the game started. As a sorc we used to be penalized for doing so. I think of stam as a tertiary resource and my only concern for it is to ensure that it never drops below that crucial break free point. Regen is far better suited to this than a larger starting pool.
    nice video, what gear are you using ?

I'll reveal that as part of my overall build design with my upcoming 1vX video. I'm wearing 5 light and 2 heavy though. I'll be re crafting 4 of my armor pieces to nirnhoned in the next few days.
    Edited by Ezareth on 11 April 2015 16:30
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Epsilon_Echo
    Epsilon_Echo
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    lol all these people standing around letting you overload them in the face over and over, good video. i can see the running to the forums crying 'Nerf Sorc, Nerf Sorc'! lol

I know right!? I overloaded 5 people this evening outside nikel, none of them even tried to dodge it at all....I was lol. I was watching other sorcs as well do it, it amazes me how many folks wont dodge them.

alot of people cant dodge roll unlimited overload spam...if u dodge 3 there's going to be 3 more coming right at you

I say take overload out/change it distractedly and see how sorcs fair

I've taken OL off my bar for the time being. Simply put I just don't find enough people who have that highlight reel mentality (aka taking it in the face witout resistance).
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you OP regarding stam for your build my magicka build Temp is set up the same way with the exception that I do use invasion for a stam draining on Sorcs. So like my toon we have a weakness if we get a focus stam draining attack from multiple sources followed by a hard cc. The benefit of your build is that you have bolt to get away to regenerate.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool vid. Unfortunately I see the nerf hammer rising. RIP BoL and overload light attacks :( Stop making videos!
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree with you OP regarding stam for your build my magicka build Temp is set up the same way with the exception that I do use invasion for a stam draining on Sorcs. So like my toon we have a weakness if we get a focus stam draining attack from multiple sources followed by a hard cc. The benefit of your build is that you have bolt to get away to regenerate.

Yeah I used to use it to regenerate but now I really only use it as a form of map control and keeping my enemies spread out and moving towards me. My stamina is the only thing that ever gets low and that's usually temporary since the chief drain on my stam is break free and once I do that I'm free from doing it again for another 8 seconds.
    Jahosefat wrote: »
    Cool vid. Unfortunately I see the nerf hammer rising. RIP BoL and overload light attacks :( Stop making videos!

I don't think BoL is that powerful at all any more. Most of the guys who are finding it difficult these days are people who are relatively new to working around it. I kill sorcs through BoL all the time now.

My overload light attacks are relatively weak, and are only good for killing unsuspecting or unskilled players. Overload is not a force multiplier like Banner used to be where killing a ton of players with banner because they didn't know not to stand in it would keep a DK's resources full and allow him to continually drop banner. The majority of my overload gains actually come from...block....lol.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think BoL is that powerful at all any more.

With uncapped regen and infinite projectile absorbs... yeah don't think I really have to argue that one. The only reason this is moderately plausible is the fact that there are so many 2 handers out there.
    My overload light attacks are relatively weak, and are only good for killing unsuspecting or unskilled players.

Maybe I missed something but wasn't overload how you got most of those kills? Was there even a frag kill in there? *sits in overload stance, cast minefiled, BoL around absorbing all mag projectiles, profit* "Everyone is unskilled compared to me!" ;)

Sorc is so easy now it isn't much fun to play anymore (and I feel like people who say it is would be recreational baby-seal clubbers if they had the chance). Even with a wacky destro hybrid build with no regen my sorc is crazy hard to kill. Sorry won't defend it :(

• SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is so easy now it isn't much fun to play anymore...

If that's true, tell me why I'm not rekking face with my little v1 Sorc, like I was able to with my DK when she was v1 several months ago. Tell me why I have a difficult time surviving, despite changing my build several times in an attempt to increase it (however, the new one I have right now is actually helping quite a bit, but half the skills aren't morphed yet and a few of the skill lines are FAR from being maxed, so it's not vastly helpful). Tell me why I'm having trouble killing anyone. If they were truely "so easy" as people say they are, I'd be able to tear up the field with her, just like I was able to with my DK all those months ago. It may be just that I haven't had enough practice yet, but the fact stands that they aren't as easy as people are saying they are. Nowhere near as easy as DKs.
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think BoL is that powerful at all any more.

With uncapped regen and infinite projectile absorbs... yeah don't think I really have to argue that one. The only reason this is moderately plausible is the fact that there are so many 2 handers out there.
    My overload light attacks are relatively weak, and are only good for killing unsuspecting or unskilled players.

Maybe I missed something but wasn't overload how you got most of those kills? Was there even a frag kill in there? *sits in overload stance, cast minefiled, BoL around absorbing all mag projectiles, profit* "Everyone is unskilled compared to me!" ;)

Sorc is so easy now it isn't much fun to play anymore (and I feel like people who say it is would be recreational baby-seal clubbers if they had the chance). Even with a wacky destro hybrid build with no regen my sorc is crazy hard to kill. Sorry won't defend it :(

As I said most of the people who feel BoL is OP are those players who are new to it and don't really know how to counter it. The same kind of people were the ones who couldn't counter reflective scales and complained about that. Are you even aware that since 1.6 all Heavy attacks from staves now go *through* BoL? You ever get hit by a 15-20K DK heavy fire staff attack? I do all the time. I have no problem killing BoL sorcs, they're a pain to kill but if every class and build in the game were easy to kill wouldn't that make *me* OP?

And yeah I'm built specifically for Overload damage and my playstyle hasn't changed since 1.2 or so with respect to that. I have 50 points into Elemental Mastery (and not Thaumaturge) for a reason. I used crystal frags on two people in that video in the first clip but casting fragments into a ball of players isn't particularly useful. As I said earlier those players weren't very skilled... not a single reflect, dodge roll or block to be seen while I overload them so of course it's going to appear OP. The comparison to Banner against newbs was an apt one.

There are plenty of threads out there explaining the issue with virtually unlimited resources and how that impacts a sorc with the most expensive abilities in the game by trivializing that expense. The issue has nothing to do with BoL, Overload or sorcs in general. We just scale extremely well with unlimited resources (as seen) and I probably scale better than most since I'm min/maxing every aspect of my build.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I said most of the people who feel BoL is OP are those players who are new to it and don't really know how to counter it. The same kind of people were the ones who couldn't counter reflective scales and complained about that.

Welp scales got changed didn't it? There is no reason (for the sake of argument) that pressing 1 button should negate 50 people's mag projectiles for 6 seconds. How can you argue that? There needs to be a limit on the number of projectiles absorbed. Just silly.
    ... virtually unlimited resources and how that impacts a sorc with the most expensive abilities in the game by trivializing that expense.... We just scale extremely well with unlimited resources (as seen) and I probably scale better than most since I'm min/maxing every aspect of my build.

That was kind of my point, thanks for making it for me :)

Sorry; my concern is the health of ESO, not the number of views on my youtube (ie. EPEEN).

• Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is so easy now it isn't much fun to play anymore...

If that's true, tell me why I'm not rekking face with my little v1 Sorc, like I was able to with my DK when she was v1 several months ago. Tell me why I have a difficult time surviving, despite changing my build several times in an attempt to increase it (however, the new one I have right now is actually helping quite a bit, but half the skills aren't morphed yet and a few of the skill lines are FAR from being maxed, so it's not vastly helpful). Tell me why I'm having trouble killing anyone. If they were truely "so easy" as people say they are, I'd be able to tear up the field with her, just like I was able to with my DK all those months ago. It may be just that I haven't had enough practice yet, but the fact stands that they aren't as easy as people are saying they are. Nowhere near as easy as DKs.

Let me emphasize DKs months ago. What was changed, I ask you, since months ago? Maybe the same changes should be made to sorcs *cough*.. unlimited resources and infinite projectile mitigation.

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I said most of the people who feel BoL is OP are those players who are new to it and don't really know how to counter it. The same kind of people were the ones who couldn't counter reflective scales and complained about that.

Welp scales got changed didn't it? There is no reason (for the sake of argument) that pressing 1 button should negate 50 people's mag projectiles for 6 seconds. How can you argue that? There needs to be a limit on the number of projectiles absorbed. Just silly.
    ... virtually unlimited resources and how that impacts a sorc with the most expensive abilities in the game by trivializing that expense.... We just scale extremely well with unlimited resources (as seen) and I probably scale better than most since I'm min/maxing every aspect of my build.

That was kind of my point, thanks for making it for me :)

Sorry; my concern is the health of ESO, not the number of views on my youtube (ie. EPEEN).

Scales got changed because it could REFLECT an unlimited number of projectiles (and do 35% more damage with what was reflected). I was just saying I never had a problem with how they worked before as I learned to counter them.

Yet BoL is now weaker now than any point in time previously. You probably want to

Let me emphasize DKs months ago. What was changed, I ask you, since months ago? Maybe the same changes should be made to sorcs *cough*.. unlimited resources and infinite projectile mitigation.

This is freaking moronic. *Every* class can utilize unlimited resources, it has nothing to do with sorcs. And infinite *spell* projectile mitigation is not all that powerful, especially when it is bugged as hell right now. You have some strong bias and exaggerations to your posts that reek of an agenda that has nothing to do with the "Health of ESO".
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    wait... you're not a girl?
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is freaking moronic. *Every* class can utilize unlimited resources, it has nothing to do with sorcs.
    We [sorcs] just scale extremely well with unlimited resources (as seen) and I probably scale better than most since I'm min/maxing every aspect of my build.

lolol sorry, am I missing something? :)

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let me say that Ezareth is one of 3 sorcs I can't wait to encounter as I genuinely love watching you play (despite my generally being on the receiving end of hellish damage). That's 3 sorcs since the beginning of beta. Also, I was really surprised to see a video posted, as most of the people who do so are pathetic gankers.