Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ezareth - Sorc Assassins PvP Video

Ezareth
Ezareth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Just a few clips thrown together of me and Exquisite Bedlam and a few other sorcs running around terrorizing Cyrodiil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s9YEcLHIL0
Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good vid, I see alot of sorc vids where the sorc uses bol/streak on both bars...dunno why, wep swap is pretty reactive these days.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Good vid, I see alot of sorc vids where the sorc uses bol/streak on both bars...dunno why, wep swap is pretty reactive these days.

procing frags while bolting and not having to switch your qb every time you are in full defense mode to bolt away is extreamly handy and can save your life.
    with the new lockout timer after ability use and qb switching it becomes even worse. i have had on only one bar but with the crapy changes in 1.6 i switched to double bol and that cuts my deaths down by half.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

procing frags while bolting and not having to switch your qb every time you are in full defense mode to bolt away is extreamly handy and can save your life.
    with the new lockout timer after ability use and qb switching it becomes even worse. i have had on only one bar but with the crapy changes in 1.6 i switched to double bol and that cuts my deaths down by half.

fairnuff. I have bol on main bar tho where cf is aswell

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those guys are probably still having nightmares about daedric mines.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Dat overload
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As always @Ezareth The Overload is strong within you :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun video.

That first clip.... those EP got REKT. hahah
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Opcerers are so skilled

Eso: magickaspam and neverrunoutofmagicka online crap. Permanently damaged combat mechanics and balance. great fail zenimax.
    Edited by Kypho on 10 April 2015 12:37
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The number of the Sorc pvp videos post 1.6 soon will be equal to the number of the DK pvp videos pre 1.6. I am wondering why? I guess everybody knows the answer.
    Edited by Bashev on 10 April 2015 12:56
    Because I can!
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    The number of the Sorce pvp videos post 1.6 soon will be equal to the number of the DK pvp videos pre 1.6. I am wondering why? I guess everybody knows the answer.

This..
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • vichoi
    vichoi
    ✭✭✭
    The number of the Sorc pvp videos post 1.6 soon will be equal to the number of the DK pvp videos pre 1.6. I am wondering why? I guess everybody knows the answer.

Ezareth was doing this before 1.6, you can watch his old videos In YouTube. class do not make someone op, but their skill does.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vichoi wrote: »

Ezareth was doing this before 1.6, you can watch his old videos In YouTube. class do not make someone op, but their skill does.
    I have never said that he is bad and everything is based on the fact that Sors are OP right now. I just wanted to note that the number of the Sors PvP videos drastically increased after 1.6

Because I can!
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see clear Stamina issues with Sorcs in this video *grin*

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I have never said that he is bad and everything is based on the fact that Sors are OP right now. I just wanted to note that the number of the Sors PvP videos drastically increased after 1.6

It could possibly be since sorcerer builds like this one got attention in the patch and are more effective? Besides, how many of these videos show a sorcerer jumping into a zerg and not only tanking all of the damage but also killing them?

And don't say this... People need to be able to hold their illusion that sorcerer's are unkillable destroyers of worlds.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice video :smile: I do have a question: why do so sorcerers jump around more than House of Pain?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs OP, nerf it
    o:)
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I run it on all 3 bars (including overload). I'd love to save the extra two slots but it isn't you get stuck in overload more often than weaponsswap and then there is the double-swap that happens unpredictably that would really get you killed if you needed to bolt. Being assured that my '3' key will bolt when all else fails is necessary for survival sadly.

There has always been a large number of Sorc PvP videos compared to other classes. If I had to guess it is because watching someone bolt around and utilize their mobility is more enjoyable than watching some DK spam Invasion, banner and flame whip over and over in a blob of people but maybe I'm just biased in this regard.

If I had to put money on something I'd say that the number of new Nightblade PvP videos has exceeded the number of Sorc PvP videos recently and the number of DK videos is roughly equal to it.

Let's see Sypher has release 2 recent NB videos, one stamina one magicka, Liberate just released a Stam NB video, Sunshine released a Stam NB video, Ebonheart Templar released a Stam NB video, Soulac released a Stam NB video, Blobsky released Two Magicka NB videos

On the DK front Jurra released a DK stam video, Xsorus released a DK stam video, Lorian released a DK Magicka video,

Only 1 templar video - Blabfat ...templar PvP videos are rare gems.

On the Sorc front there is my video, Bolterity's 6 sorc Video and Bolterity's 2 v x video, Teargrant's video and a few videos of Leper Si and 1 of Equisite Bedlam, the frequency of these videos hasn't changed and there are no new Sorc PvP video entrants that I know of.

Perhaps us Sorcs are just good at bumping our PvP video threads ( =

I don't have any stamina issues because I'm using 3 Stamina Cost reduction enchants. OP Enchants are OP ( =
    Nice video :smile: I do have a question: why do so sorcerers jump around more than House of Pain?

There are many many reasons sorcs bunny hop. The first Sorc I saw doing this was Rosalin on Volendrung from ages past. It made no sense to me then other than the guy was damn good and way ahead of his time. After playing with the combat system long enough you start taking advantage of every tiny thing that you can.

There probably a dozen reason why I bunny hop constantly and I really can't tell you offhand what they are as I do it subconsciously now. You bunny hop to stop casts (when block isn't a better alternative). You bunny hop to continue in a direction while using an ability. You bunny hop right before you bolt escape and *sometimes* yo can get some lift added to the end of your bolt (great for terrain manuevers). You bunny hop to make your character more difficult to hit (especially for melee and range users not using tab targetting).

I know there are ton of other reasons I bunny hop but the action is subconscious now in most of those circumstances.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn. Almost got inb4 Ezareth defending Sorc's again. lol
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i bunny hop to keep moving in one direction at full speed while i start to cast something, that way im not hindered by the cast time speed reduction until i hit the ground. same goes for heavy attacks.

to be honest i have to stop jumping around so much now because abilities stop working for no apparent reason when you are in the air sometimes. my buddy said its because you start falling and its probably bugged where the game thinks your falling even though you are on level ground. its a hard habbit to break after hopping around for over a year on my sorc.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol all these people standing around letting you overload them in the face over and over, good video. i can see the running to the forums crying 'Nerf Sorc, Nerf Sorc'! lol
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • cwp303b14_ESO
    cwp303b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, that video gets me pumped. I really liked the intro and the clip in the middle was perfect. A+ man.

Second, I frequent the forums and see in a lot of your posts that your idea towards balance is to tone down the amount of regen possible now that softcaps are gone. The regen creates unlimited dodge rolling and BoL spam making some targets almost immortal if played strictly in a defensive way with bursty moments to secure kills. I used to agree with you. Then I had a thought while watching your video.

Limitless regen promotes group gameplay. Maybe that was the intention. They don't want to balance on a 1v1 basis. If classes are practically immortal due to such high regen in a duel then, it naturally makes sense that they want more than one player to burst through shields, catch dodge rollers, CC, and blow up targets.

That's not to say you can't effectively solo some enemies. I just think they might not want to change that paradigm since it promotes duos/small groups which in turn promotes player community and thus, the game itself.
    Edited by cwp303b14_ESO on 10 April 2015 20:30
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    S.o. could also argue, making the templar a gimp class without burst-capability (class skills) would also promote group play, leaving them no other alternative than playing healer.. (adios magicka-dd templar, if we ever met..) :)
    Edited by Francescolg on 10 April 2015 20:37
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever seen those flashlights that you charge by shaking? This is how we charge our bolt escape.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, that video gets me pumped. I really liked the intro and the clip in the middle was perfect. A+ man.

Second, I frequent the forums and see in a lot of your posts that your idea towards balance is to tone down the amount of regen possible now that softcaps are gone. The regen creates unlimited dodge rolling and BoL spam making some targets almost immortal if played strictly in a defensive way with bursty moments to secure kills. I used to agree with you. Then I had a thought while watching your video.

Limitless regen promotes group gameplay. Maybe that was the intention. They don't want to balance on a 1v1 basis. If classes are practically immortal due to such high regen in a duel then, it naturally makes sense that they want more than one player to burst through shields, catch dodge rollers, CC, and blow up targets.

That's not to say you can't effectively solo some enemies. I just think they might not want to change that paradigm since it promotes duos/small groups which in turn promotes player community and thus, the game itself.

Glad you enjoyed the Palpatine clip and the movie! That scene has been in my mind ever since I was level 10 and used my first Power Overload heavy attack. Every time I try to use it I say in TS "I'm going Palapatine on their ass". In PvP however that was probably the only time I've tore into a group of players with it without getting bashed or otherwise insta-gibbed. Once that footage occurred I knew exactly what I was going to do with it. I just wouldn't advise trying to do that against a good group of players with any kind of expectation for a positive outcome haha.

On your thoughts with regen I tend not to agree. I think the scarcity of resources actually promotes more group play as each member of the group is forced to specialize (Damage, heals, support, etc) in order to maximize the resources they have at their disposal. With my existing build, I'm able to do damage (primarily through a focus on overload and elemental mastery), Mobility and high defense through bolt escape and shield spam, and break free-dodge roll/defensive posture spam through stamina regen and stamina cost-reduction enchants. Basically I'm able to have the best of all worlds and don't need to specialize in anything....all because of the power of uncapped and multiplicative sources of regen.

Now I don't think they should come down *hard* on regen, I think they should do it slowly at first and continue if necessary with small adjustments. I'm actually a firm believer that 3 of the four classes *are* balanced in 1 v 1 basis right now (with Templar coming up a little bit short right now but with the bug fixes and changes coming to them they should be brought in line). What we're seeing is a large influx of players in Cyrodiil with very little experience in Cyrodiil much as we saw at the launch of the game.

In group PvP coordination and specialization of individuals to complement a group wins out of class makeup every time.

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i bunny hop to keep moving in one direction at full speed while i start to cast something, that way im not hindered by the cast time speed reduction until i hit the ground. same goes for heavy attacks.

to be honest i have to stop jumping around so much now because abilities stop working for no apparent reason when you are in the air sometimes. my buddy said its because you start falling and its probably bugged where the game thinks your falling even though you are on level ground. its a hard habbit to break after hopping around for over a year on my sorc.

You can't break out of Fear when CC'ed in the air. Got me killed two times today again -.- .
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Tactical Foundry would allow you to move the damn attributes window
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun! Those reds on the bridge, though, seemed more stupefied than normal, lol.

I've been curious how things look from your side of the screen. Those were some beefy shields and good/great damage (better than I anticipated actually), though I'm most impressed with how your magicka never seemed challenged, so to speak. Now I can totally see how average (or not as "well set up") opponents might consider you a "super sorc." But I still find it funny some folks are so invested in that notion they've deluded themselves to believe the equivalent of your video happens every time they encounter any sorc, which I know can't be true, unless they are more suited to playing something like Disney's Bad Hair Day Prom Pursuit (don't ask :-).

Anyway, would enjoy seeing duel vids too in the future.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol all these people standing around letting you overload them in the face over and over, good video. i can see the running to the forums crying 'Nerf Sorc, Nerf Sorc'! lol

I know right!? I overloaded 5 people this evening outside nikel, none of them even tried to dodge it at all....I was lol. I was watching other sorcs as well do it, it amazes me how many folks wont dodge them.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Randomgamers
    Randomgamers
    ✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »

I know right!? I overloaded 5 people this evening outside nikel, none of them even tried to dodge it at all....I was lol. I was watching other sorcs as well do it, it amazes me how many folks wont dodge them.

alot of people cant dodge roll unlimited overload spam...if u dodge 3 there's going to be 3 more coming right at you

I say take overload out/change it distractedly and see how sorcs fair
    Jams-PvP
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, this... This is just too awesome. Love ettttt! :smiley:

Ezareth op. :wink: Keep up the amazing Sorciness!
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014