Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does a ranged ability have more burst than a melee?

• cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AaronMB wrote: »
    maryriv wrote: »
    Focus aim is weak, mage abilities are OP, insta cast, huge hits AND cc all in one spell.

Lethal arrow, longest range, gets stealth bonus damage, stuns from stealth, most players wont know its coming, near invisible animation, healing debuff, can get 2 off before the first one hits the target, get insta killed by them all the time.

You're a V14 Sorc who's getting insta-killed by lethal arrow all the time?
    aboutr twice a day, i have 15k hp though. i get hit by them for 18k-20k with shield up, so it probably hit me harder then that. these guys are specced out the ass in +weapon damage though. and its obviously my weakness in the game, but it takes like 0 skill to pull off these high damage snipes which is what i have issue with.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Focus aim is weak, mage abilities are OP, insta cast, huge hits AND cc all in one spell.

Lethal arrow, longest range, gets stealth bonus damage, stuns from stealth, most players wont know its coming, near invisible animation, healing debuff, can get 2 off before the first one hits the target, get insta killed by them all the time.

aboutr twice a day, i have 15k hp though. i get hit by them for 18k-20k with shield up, so it probably hit me harder then that. these guys are specced out the ass in +weapon damage though. and its obviously my weakness in the game, but it takes like 0 skill to pull off these high damage snipes which is what i have issue with.

And here ^ is the problem with trying to make a combat skill system workable for both PvE and PvP at the same time. Without snipe the way it is now, my Khajiit NB archer/dual-weld wouldn't be able to complete some PvE vet level quests. Because at a distance I can usually kill one, sometimes two members of a mob, or seriously hurt a boss (dungeon or WB) before they reach me and I have to switch to dual weld.
    In PvP it does take some skill to survive the reprisial coming for you after you've made the snipe kill. :sweat_smile:
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And here ^ is the problem with trying to make a combat skill system workable for both PvE and PvP at the same time. Without snipe the way it is now, my Khajiit NB archer/dual-weld wouldn't be able to complete some PvE vet level quests. Because at a distance I can usually kill one, sometimes two members of a mob, or seriously hurt a boss (dungeon or WB) before they reach me and I have to switch to dual weld.
    In PvP it does take some skill to survive the reprisial coming for you after you've made the snipe kill. :sweat_smile:

I just wish there was a magicka skill that was as powerful one shot as snipe...

I've been advocating for magicka morphs of some stamina abilities...
  • stereoviewer
    akray21 wrote: »
    Honestly, why does focus aim have a higher burst potential than concealed weapon?

Because it has casting time. You will use Concealed weapon more times per time unit than Focus aim.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina builds with melee are super weak. My surprise attack only grits for 9k and wrecking below for 12k....horrible numbers. They need to buff them so they do 30k grits. Grits are better than barly by far.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

getting rid of the out of stealth bonus dmg and cc would help alot in pvp without harming pve even the slightest.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

I just wish there was a magicka skill that was as powerful one shot as snipe...

I've been advocating for magicka morphs of some stamina abilities...

It's called crystal frags, also overload light attacks.

Nelgyntc- V14 NB