Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why does a ranged ability have more burst than a melee?

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
Honestly, why does focus aim have a higher burst potential than concealed weapon?
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My stamina DK would like to have a word with you...
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2wb.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2Hers have insane burst damage. If only DW was as good...
  • Vordae
    Vordae
    ✭✭✭
    Focus Aim can't heavy attack/skill animation cancel, so it will never have as much burst potential as melee.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Steel Tornado.

Enuff said.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this is a 'buff concealed weapon' thread?
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDoogs wrote: »

You caught me...
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the intent is not very concealed...
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see what you did there!

But in all honesty concealed got a major nerf. Back in 1.4 I could open with over 1k damage (equivalent to 10k now), in the current game I am only opening with barley 5k damage (equal to 500 in 1.4). The skill for me has seen over a 50% nerf. The skill should be called concealed nerf sword.
    Edited by akray21 on 3 April 2015 14:52
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vordae wrote: »
    Focus Aim can't heavy attack/skill animation cancel, so it will never have as much burst potential as melee.

You can charge a heavy attack while Focus Aim is casting and release so they hit the target at the same time, granted there are melee attacks you can do this with too.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

But in all honesty concealed got a major nerf. Back in 1.4 I could open with over 1k damage (equivalent to 10k now), in the current game I am only opening with barley 5k damage (equal to 500 in 1.4). The skill for me has seen over a 50% nerf. The skill should be called concealed nerf sword.

Well if you are opening with barley, there's your problem. Try running veiled strike with bats/cloak.
    Edited by Imdrefan on 3 April 2015 15:05
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But in all honesty concealed got a major nerf. Back in 1.4 I could open with over 1k damage (equivalent to 10k now), in the current game I am only opening with barley 5k damage (equal to 500 in 1.4). The skill for me has seen over a 50% nerf.
    Imdrefan wrote: »

Well if you are opening with barley, there's your problem. Try running hidden blade with bats/cloak.

LOL! Always open with barley, best way to start a night of PvP
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Steel Tornado.

Enuff said.

right. an AOE execute that only does good damage to low health targets.

i suppose its good at finding cloaked/stealthed players

2H has momentum, a decent HoT that increases weapon damage, critical charge, a very powerful gap closer, reverse slash, a powerful finisher, and uppercut, a highly spammable powerful hard hitter that can knock someone back a good 3-5 meters.

DW has:

steel tornado, a good AOE finisher and hidden blade for use against players that stand completely still and do not dodge/block.

twin slashes , a DoT completely negated by blocking and damage shields, flurry, does good damage over time but can be stopped with a simple dodge and running a good distance back,(which sucks more for flurry than uppercut because uppercuts damage is instant, whereas flurry's is over time, making it terrible for burst and hard to use to get thru damage shield stackers/spammers, not to mention it does not disable the enemy at all, allowing someone to still attack you while you are doing this 2-3 second attack, unlike uppercut) blade cloak is only for the extra speed and AOE resistance; the AOE resistance is not really necessary if one avoids the AOEs, and quick cloak is only worth while for escaping town guards when out thieving.

So you are really going to sit there and say DW is fine as it is all because of steel tornado?

panda, sometimes you make me wonder....
    Edited by Cody on 3 April 2015 15:56
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dualwield has insane dps. if only S/B was as good.... (you see where this leads?)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

dualwield has insane dps. if only S/B was as good.... (you see where this leads?)

S/B has good DPS, only if resto had good dps?
  • Germtrocity
    Germtrocity
    ✭✭✭✭

Resto has insane DPS. If only unarmed was as good....
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

unarmed has the greatest dps in this game! If only kicking was just as good :(
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorthax wrote: »

unarmed has the greatest dps in this game! If only kicking was just as good :(

I wish there was an unarmed skill line.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't even play like that.

I've been praying to every Aedra, Daedra, and Magne-ge I can thing of since launch begging for an Unarmed skill line.

Now I'm just sad.

:(
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina-damage in 1 target:

Bow > 2H > Duals > 1H + shield
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Detector wrote: »

No, Wrecking Blow does a ton more damage than Snipe, since it buffs itself and 2H melee weapons simply have a lot more weapon damage. To use Bow in the first place you have to use 2H as well, for the Major Brutality buff (unless you want to waste a potion cool-down at the start of the fight).

There is also a damage penalty on range in Cyrodil, so a 2H melee weapon will always do a lot more damage than Bow skills. Which is at it should be, since melee carries risk.
    Edited by Zsymon on 5 April 2015 21:52
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a pain to be a melee stamina player in Cyrodiil. Just a pain.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be:

2H, Duals > Bow > 1H + Shield
    Edited by akray21 on 7 April 2015 12:38
  • trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be:

Agree. This is an issue since day 1.

Yesterday one of my guild mate said to me that I was either an idiot or a courageous man to play a melee DPS build. Honestly, I think I'm an idiot.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started with DW build, then crossed over to 2H'ers then Bows, and then back to DW build.

I've come to realize that there's likely going to be more balance changes moving forward- but I play what I want to play now.

I still think there's a disparity between weapon types/styles/damage, but unless ZOS chooses to post some figures we're all just going to be speculating this horse to death.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, why does focus aim have a higher burst potential than concealed weapon?

I would love to see your focused aim come anywhere near my wrecking blow damage, hell its quite possible my flying blade also does more.
    Edited by Rylana on 9 April 2015 06:48
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Focus aim is weak, mage abilities are OP, insta cast, huge hits AND cc all in one spell.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »
    Focus aim is weak, mage abilities are OP, insta cast, huge hits AND cc all in one spell.

Lethal arrow, longest range, gets stealth bonus damage, stuns from stealth, most players wont know its coming, near invisible animation, healing debuff, can get 2 off before the first one hits the target, get insta killed by them all the time.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    maryriv wrote: »

Lethal arrow, longest range, gets stealth bonus damage, stuns from stealth, most players wont know its coming, near invisible animation, healing debuff, can get 2 off before the first one hits the target, get insta killed by them all the time.

You're a V14 Sorc who's getting insta-killed by lethal arrow all the time?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It should be:

Agree. This is an issue since day 1.

Yesterday one of my guild mate said to me that I was either an idiot or a courageous man to play a melee DPS build. Honestly, I think I'm an idiot.

I too am an idiot. My DK is melee stamina DPS:)