Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you take one for the team?

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
There are choices in this game that boil down to either buffing yourself or taking a slightly less buff that is also shared with your allies or group. I'm curious which one people generally choose.
Edited by badmojo on 8 April 2015 23:39
[DC/NA]

Do you take one for the team? 34 votes

I would rather buff myself
32%
cozmon3c_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOCinnamon_SpiderForTheRealmSRIBESAltusVenifusVisakray21DisgracefulMindFfastylsKorcheD 11 votes
I would rather buff the group
67%
ArmitasTelelRune_RelicLava_CroftObservantFoxhuntRunhentValen_Bytedjyrbstarlizard70ub17_ESOKolokiShunravitechnohicbadmojoSacadonCodySafiyerAmitoraMissBizzLameoveRPancake-Tragedy 23 votes
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my tank and healer roles I definitely try to take one for the team, although I can't be sure EVERY morph I have chosen was for the team. I find some team buffs just not worth it.

As well, my skill bar I use for group content is different than my questing bar.. So... I pick the "me" buffs if it is part of my questing bar :)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    In my tank and healer roles I definitely try to take one for the team, although I can't be sure EVERY morph I have chosen was for the team. I find some team buffs just not worth it.

As well, my skill bar I use for group content is different than my questing bar.. So... I pick the "me" buffs if it is part of my questing bar :)

That's pretty much how I do it too. I tried to make the poll about what players would like to do, because you're right there are some team buffs that just aren't worth using.
    [DC/NA]
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only because NB's don't really have anything to buff others without using skills outside our class skills.

That being said though, when I run with my guild in PvP I WILL put whatever is needed on my bar ex. Barrier or caltrops. For the most part though, they really have all the buffs already covered and they are better than anything my class can provide.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard to say, both? I'm usually the kind to help the group before myself, when I do group, but generally I'm a solo player. So a lot of the group benefit ends up going to waste. I look for the healing ward options, for example, a morph that's stronger for me when I solo, but that helps the member who needs it most when I'm grouped even though it might leave me without.
    Edited by driosketch on 9 April 2015 01:04
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also hard to say. I think about supporting myself first, group second. I tank, so staying alive is beneficial for the group. I am also a Templar so almost everything I do, for myself or not, benefits the group. My play style is "aggressive guardian," which consists of making myself powerful and charging to allies' sides when danger rears its head -- attempting to carry the entire group, if you will. You know, the one powerful character who steps in to save the cast/protagonist when all hope is lost. Self-sacrifice optional.

So, I guess I prefer buffing myself?
    Edited by Ffastyl on 9 April 2015 00:52
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a healer, group buffs > self buffs in my opinion
    Vehemence
  • iseko
    iseko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barrier. Rapid manoever.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think anyone in a group should have at least 1 skill or ultimate for the group.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irony ...I am essentially a solo player yet I alwys pick the group biased morphs
    Why ? No damn idea :/
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    As others have stated above, for tank + healer roles, I normally take the group utility provided it offers something of real value.

For DPS, it depends, but I like to provide some group utility in that role too if possible.

Using a Nightblade as an example, I would prefer to take Funnel Health over Swallow Soul and buff the group with some off-healing, as opposed to buffing the party chat with FTC Damage Results spam.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would rather buff the group, but... sorcs has no group buffs! :p
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather give buffs to my teammates than myself.

a well placed rapid maneuver can win a keep, much better than me putting a damage shield over myself and trying to play it like a COD game and solo everything.

Plus I suck horribly, so it benefits me to help my teammates, who in turn cover my butt in battle:D

I will admit though, as a stamina based NB who will not have access to vigor for the next 5-7 months.... its kinda hard to buff teammates:(

it can be done though.
    Edited by Cody on 10 April 2015 04:06
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    I would rather give buffs to my teammates than myself.

a well placed rapid maneuver can win a keep, much better than me putting a damage shield over myself and trying to play it like a COD game and solo everything.

Plus I suck horribly, so it benefits me to help my teammates, who in turn cover my butt in battle:D

I will admit though, as a stamina based NB who will not have access to vigor for the next 5-7 months.... its kinda hard to buff teammates:(

it can be done though.

Ring of preservation is okay too. It was good before the cost went up, but it's still useful.
    [DC/NA]
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a selfish *** lol. Would rather survive then give my group a small buff
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on the situtation. Normally I solo quest, but when with a group, I'll switch out abilities towards more group helpful ones. Having said that, sometimes depending on your group make up, the most usefull thing you can do is kill the mob faster.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I slightly gimp my solo build to ensure group build gets priority. I enjoy solo PvP, but the fun level is significantly higher running with my group, and it's just the right thing to do.

BTW, while its certainly easier to focus on one vs.the other, I'm not convinced that everyone is forced to do this /obvious.