Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

magic shields mitigate siege damage, but armor rating does not

• xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry if "mitigate" was the wrong word for the semantics warriors but bottom line is

my igneous shield is a great defense against siege

my immovable or spike armor do nothing against siege

no matter what armor or class, magic shields are inherently more effective than damage resistance
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Especially since they *mitigate* certain damage types, like crits and bleeds, I hear.
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    sorry if "mitigate" was the wrong word for the semantics warriors but bottom line is

my igneous shield is a great defense against siege

my immovable or spike armor do nothing against siege

no matter what armor or class, magic shields are inherently more effective than damage resistance
    Not all magic shields mitigate/reduce siege damage... ie: annulment and ward. I've not tested igneous yet, but interesting indeed that it does.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Heavy Armor, is, and always shall be, utterly. Useless. I honestly only wear my chest piece for the looks... The physical mitigation is so asinine I'd be better off using another piece of Light Armor for more cost reduction.

Only thing you want to wear a full set of Heavy Armor for is Tanking, after 3-4 pieces of Heavy you start to sacrifice way to much cost reduction and recovery rate for the mitigation that does absolutely nothing.

DK Tank Spec - 44.57% Mitigation - Wrecking Blow - 7k Damage

DK Light Armor Spec - 9% Mitigation - Wrecking Blow - 10k Damage
    (Not legitimate test numbers, just the average damage that WB did to me while tanking or in my LA spec.)

It's not worth it. Never was, never will be. ZOS hates Heavy Armor.

If heavy armor is still worthless, why did nearly every magicka build add two heavy to their setup?
    Most of the light armor users add one heavy and one medium because of the undaunted passives.
    Heavy armor is useless unless your build is based on blocking.
    Edited by Bashev on 6 April 2015 12:10
    Because I can!