Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB Magicka Melee Caster PvP

• Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »

Right now I am running:
    5 pcs Magnus' Gift
    2 pcs Torugs
    2 pcs Stygian
    3 pcs Soulshine

I am working on getting the two rings of cyrodiils light. With two rings I will have spell damaged buffed 4 times (fairly decent). Martial knowledge is a distant dream ATM.

I have 1178 regen, and 2 reduce magicka cost glphys on my rings. My CP right now is spent on recovery instead of reduce cost. Are CPs better spent on cost reduction or regen?

I would like to be at (not sure how possible this is):
    ~ 23k Magicka
    ~ 2k spell damage
    ~ No less than 1k magicka regen
    ~ at least some form of cost reduction somewhere

It is my understanding that cost reduction is the way to go with enchants, so I would imagine that it is the way to go with CP as well. I think that as long as you're hitting the 1200 mark on regen you should be fine.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fatalyis wrote: »

Right now I am running:
    5 pcs Magnus' Gift
    2 pcs Torugs
    2 pcs Stygian
    3 pcs Soulshine

I am working on getting the two rings of cyrodiils light. With two rings I will have spell damaged buffed 4 times (fairly decent). Martial knowledge is a distant dream ATM.

I have 1178 regen, and 2 reduce magicka cost glphys on my rings. My CP right now is spent on recovery instead of reduce cost. Are CPs better spent on cost reduction or regen?

I would like to be at (not sure how possible this is):
    ~ 23k Magicka
    ~ 2k spell damage
    ~ No less than 1k magicka regen
    ~ at least some form of cost reduction somewhere

It is my understanding that cost reduction is the way to go with enchants, so I would imagine that it is the way to go with CP as well. I think that as long as you're hitting the 1200 mark on regen you should be fine.

Then I have some CP to redistribute. Also what health number does this type of build need to be hitting for PvP? I know I only need around 17-18k for my PvE healer, but what are most people trying to hit on max health for PvP?
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭

Then I have some CP to redistribute. Also what health number does this type of build need to be hitting for PvP? I know I only need around 17-18k for my PvE healer, but what are most people trying to hit on max health for PvP?

If you're running 17-18k in PvE your HP should be fine in Cyrodiil (5k HP buff brings it to 22-23k). I tend to roll with 21-22k. Also, put more of a focus on Max Magicka/Magicka Regen than Spell Power. I've done all that I can to squeeze the most SP out of my character, only to end up gimping myself in the most important parts and, trust me, it isn't worth it, unless you really just want to gank single players.