Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

And you wonder why we Bolt away....

DisgracefulMind
DisgracefulMind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is why:

leBE2_zpswqqzsihd.png

leBE1_zpsom8qdlh4.png

And you all want to take our Bolt Escape away? Nuh uh.

Perhaps we wouldn't feel the need to bolt across an entire map if you all wouldn't chase two people with a zerg >___>

#PlzStopSorcQQ
Unfortunate magicka warden main.
PC/NA Server
Fairweather Friends
Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the Continuous Attack buff?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    You get it for 10 minutes after taking a resource, buffs your damage.

@DisgracefulMind I feel you... I've been chased by hordes on my DK before, and I didn't have a run away button.... Wanna know how I got out of it alive? Rock. Breather. Rapid Maneuvers. Slaughterfish. Boat-wreck. Cower.

The rest of the times I was just trampled by hoofs until my head was pulp. :cry:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've noticed this pattern as I've gone through the posts here trying to catch up with what's been happening. It's especially prevalent in the BE complaint threads, but can also be observed in various other topics and videos even if they have nothing to do with BE.

Basically, the very idea of disengaging from a fight just doesn't seem to compute with some people. To them, all PvP consists of "two men enter, one man leaves" cage fights. That's why you see comments and video about people following a running sorcerer for half an hour or from one end of the map to the other. Once an enemy is sighted they have this strange, almost pathological need to fight them until one or the other is dead, no matter how impractical achieving that outcome becomes.

But Cyrodiil is not Thunderdome. It's open world PvP. If two men enter, it is entirely possible and legitimate for two men to leave. It's also possible that zero men leave. There might be some cause for concern if two men enter and three men leave, but I'm almost positive that it will not be the result of a sorcerer running for the hills. ;)

Anyway, I'm convinced that this is the real driving force behind the BE hate and why some people think it's OP no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary or how hard it gets nerfed. It doesn't actually matter which class has what mobility skills or why they have them. I guarantee you that if you gave nightblades a toggle ability that made them completely immune to all damage and another ability that let them teleport twenty feet forward at no cost, these same people would follow those nightblades all over Cyrodiil for hours at a time as well.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason why other classes don't get chased by zergs is because they die by zergs.

The two men enter two men leave only works for the 50% of classes capable of leaving. Give the other 2 an escape if you want this "two men enter two men leave" to happen, though I wouldn't call it PvP anymore.
    Edited by Armitas on 17 March 2015 09:35
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should all only be allowed to light, heavy attack and block... Then we wouldn't have to nerf anything.
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on 17 March 2015 12:05
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    The reason why other classes don't get chased by zergs is because they die by zergs.

The two men enter two men leave only works for the 50% of classes capable of leaving. Give the other 2 an escape if you want this "two men enter two men leave" to happen, though I wouldn't call it PvP anymore.

75% of class. Every class has a better invis, in the 10 sec potion w/ speed buff than NBs...
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah and stealth detect pots and flare. Stealth detect pots are meh but that flare is something else.
    Edited by Armitas on 17 March 2015 12:48
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we wouldn't feel the need to bolt across an entire map if you all wouldn't chase two people with a zerg >___>

#PlzStopSorcQQ

Now to be fair, you were camping right in front of Ales last night and must have ganked 10 guys while I watched. Don't be surprised if the villagers get the pitchforks and torches out and hunt down the monster. :)

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love when people round up a posse to try and chase me down. Good fun, although harder to survive these days since everyone's horses have so much stam and they can retreating maneuver from horseback.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i have a zerg chasing me for a long ass time, i figure im just helping out my alliance giving them the numbers advantage. im not even a tank and i can aggro almost the entire red or blue zerg alone, lols.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

#PlzStopSorcQQ

Now to be fair, you were camping right in front of Ales last night and must have ganked 10 guys while I watched. Don't be surprised if the villagers get the pitchforks and torches out and hunt down the monster. :)

This was far before we were outside of Ales, though. :P
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    I do love when people round up a posse to try and chase me down. Good fun, although harder to survive these days since everyone's horses have so much stam and they can retreating maneuver from horseback.

It was a huge amount of people. Luckily German and I always split up when it gets to this point, so one can come back for the other just in case, but still. Hilarious lol.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »
    Itoq wrote: »
    You get it for 10 minutes after taking a resource, buffs your damage.

@DisgracefulMind I feel you... I've been chased by hordes on my DK before, and I didn't have a run away button.... Wanna know how I got out of it alive? Rock. Breather. Rapid Maneuvers. Slaughterfish. Boat-wreck. Cower.

The rest of the times I was just trampled by hoofs until my head was pulp. :cry:

@Panda244 I feel this pain! My DK gets chased down by zergs quite often ;__;

Sometimes I would get away with the whole: Get behind rock -> Rapids -> Cinder Storm -> Dodge Roll -> Repeat

):
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if i have a zerg chasing me for a long ass time, i figure im just helping out my alliance giving them the numbers advantage. im not even a tank and i can aggro almost the entire red or blue zerg alone, lols.

Heehee. This was the first of like many zergs that chased us last night. We had one that chased us from Arrius almost entirely to Dragonclaw lol.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Hughezy
    Hughezy
    ✭✭✭

It was a huge amount of people. Luckily German and I always split up when it gets to this point, so one can come back for the other just in case, but still. Hilarious lol.

you and Germo split up? tell Germo I'm always down for sloppy seconds. His body shall be mine!
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I think people take it as a sport to chase a sorc, I get chased all the time by 10+ groups everyday, and I get away almost everytime, why would I stand and fight only to be zerged, if they had some honor theyd come at me 1-3 at a time then id oblige them with a decent fight.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Zagz
    Zagz
    Tunnel Vision chasers, they are in every game.... It's like a switch in their brain, You can closely compare them to a engraged bull.... Pea for brains but they won't stop till they don't see red.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭

This. Sorc feel special getting follow by 10-20 ppl, yea must be nice for 1 person to escape 15. Give other ppl escape and see how fun it is now
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

slot the dismount caltrops, and look for small passages where they either have to go through or have to circumvent by a long way - problem solved :D
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i gotta admit, it is pretty funny. I had a huge zerg chase me all the way from Roebeck Farm back to Nikel LOL! the funniest part was, in their tunnel vision, they didn't see the DC reinforcements coming from the backside of Nikel, and got thoroughly owned lol.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skafsgaard wrote: »

This. Sorc feel special getting follow by 10-20 ppl, yea must be nice for 1 person to escape 15. Give other ppl escape and see how fun it is now

I, personally, wouldnt call 1vs20 pvp either, thats why I have no qualms escaping such odds.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So the answer is to never have escape as an option? That's ridiculous. People need to stop hating on the classes that do have escape as an option. Yes their class has that option but something is certainly sacrificed for it.

:trollin:
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah...skill ceases to have much of anything to do with it at that point.

With those kinds of numbers, odds of even getting overlooked / not spotted while waiting for the storm to pass is highly unlikely.

You should at least have the option to die by your own hand, forsaking the AP they would get (Fall damage and Slaughterfish help in this, but it's not a very good alternative.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah...skill ceases to have much of anything to do with it at that point.

With those kinds of numbers, odds of even getting overlooked / not spotted while waiting for the storm to pass is highly unlikely.

You should at least have the option to die by your own hand, forsaking the AP they would get (Fall damage and Slaughterfish help in this, but it's not a very good alternative.)

if you do fall damage and fish death they still get the ap if they are close enough.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why:

leBE2_zpswqqzsihd.png

leBE1_zpsom8qdlh4.png

#PlzStopSorcQQ

RKLG7dJ.jpg

German now has you posting his QQ's in the forums, very manly.
    Edited by loki547 on 18 March 2015 15:42
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    loki547 wrote: »
    This is why:

leBE2_zpswqqzsihd.png

leBE1_zpsom8qdlh4.png

#PlzStopSorcQQ

RKLG7dJ.jpg

German now has you posting his QQ's in the forums, very manly.

Lol no QQ here, this was just super funny, especially with all the recent Sorc QQ and I wanted to post it. Go away, you're irrelevant to...everything.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Skafsgaard wrote: »

I, personally, wouldnt call 1vs20 pvp either, thats why I have no qualms escaping such odds.

So much this lol.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So the answer is to never have escape as an option? That's ridiculous. People need to stop hating on the classes that do have escape as an option. Yes their class has that option but something is certainly sacrificed for it.

What was the question?
    Retired.
    Nord mDK