Single players in PvP: A blessing or a curse for all sides?

• cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    It's like.....HEY YAY MY FRIENDSSSSS....and started running towards you hahaha I know exactly how this feels. Be glad you're actually with 14 other people. I got this when I am alone and the idiot was being chased by 3 v8s.
  • wpitterlb14a_ESO
    I get your points OP, but what makes you think its soloers that do this kind of thing? My gut tells me that people who do stupid things like what you describe are far more likely to be stranded members of the zerg or some other group. Stealth is the bread and butter of the solo pvper, and as such most of them have experienced all of these issues themselves. Seems to me that they are the least likely people to be training a herd of enemies into a small group of stealthed players, or stand around unstealthed amidst a group of stealthed players, or any of the other things you are complaining about.
  • Nidwin
    Nidwin
    ✭✭✭
    Different school it seems.

I'll never, ever let a brah or sistah fight and die alone.
    If we go down, we go down together and if it's the 2 of us versus 12 Pro V10 Elite, so be it.

It would make me sick, staying hidden and see my poor fellow alliance member getting smacked, all alone while me doing absolutely nothing.
    Nidwinqq Templar (healzzz) United Warhammer Vets
    Nidwinqq RR100 Magus till the end, R.I.P. Badlands
  • hlg
    hlg
    Soul Shriven
    Tbh, i don't give a crap of what your goals are hiding behind the rock, if I am being chased and your group is in the way, I will do anything to survive, even sacrifice all your fancy pancy guild group if that means that i stay alive.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah , the trick is waiting till the other factions are beyond hope , then you enter and get all the skyshards :P , worked for me.

Still , OP , i dont think you are going to change how this works , people are going to run and stay in the middle of a big group , be it to save themselves or just to get a better chance in the upcoming battles.
    Nidwin wrote: »
    Different school it seems.

I'll never, ever let a brah or sistah fight and die alone.
    If we go down, we go down together and if it's the 2 of us versus 12 Pro V10 Elite, so be it.

It would make me sick, staying hidden and see my poor fellow alliance member getting smacked, all alone while me doing absolutely nothing.

yeah ... no.

If i see 2/3 guys being eaten by a zerg , i wont just present myself to die with them. There is no point it , i could not change that battle anyway.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I have to admit that my choice of using solo players in title is not very elegant. It was not my intention to insult the solo players who know what they are doing and I apologize to those of you who feel insulted. Maybe inexperienced players would have been better in the title. It was my intention to make those players a little more aware about how their survival instincts can be the undoing of group efforts. But apparently only the experienced solo players read the forums.
    Samadhi wrote: »

There are new players coming into Cyrodiil on the regular basis; it is up to those of us who have been there for a prolonged period to explain these things if we want for them to play well for our side.

I agree with you, but some players don't want to learn from their own mistakes, let alone from someone else. But yes, my guild also explains things to our members who enter Cyrodiil for the first time.

@rotiferuk‌
    You are right, we can play the way we want and as I said in my post, I do not want to impede on the way people play this game. It was not my intention to make you feel you had to defend yourself.
    I don`t like zerglings who are too scared to ever leave their group and think they have a gripe on pvp.

"But Mojo, we are so pro, such an organized pvp guild, bust random zergs, yadda yadda!" Yeah, keep on fooling yourself like you keep on spamming those ae`s...

Most solo roamers would prolly wipe the floor with OP in any small scale encounter.

Love.

And your point is...what? Sorry, but I fail to see any contribution to the matter.
    What gives you the idea I'm a zergling? Our group consists of 15-20 players tops. Due to these numbers we can't steamroll as zergs do, so we try other methods to harass the bad guys. Sometimes I get cut off from the group and I have to survive on my own, which I'm quite capable of. And in regards to your last line: many tried, some succeeded, most failed... (counted from the moment I'm VR, so the wipes from VR's when I was lvl10-40ish not included)
    Hah , the trick is waiting till the other factions are beyond hope , then you enter and get all the skyshards :P , worked for me.

Still , OP , i dont think you are going to change how this works , people are going to run and stay in the middle of a big group , be it to save themselves or just to get a better chance in the upcoming battles.

I know Nox, but hey, if you don't shoot you will miss for sure. If it makes a little bell ring in players minds, then it has served its purpose no matter how small.
    Edited by Carraig on 20 May 2014 08:59
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • popatiberiuoneb18_ESO
    Carraig wrote: »
    There is one thing in PvP that annoys me. And I assume I'm not the only one; many of my guild members feel the same and I'm sure that there are more players who share the sentiment.
    I'm not talking about the lag, I got used to it. It is not the sometimes endless loading times to get into Cyrodiil because there are workarounds, or the Sorcerers using bolt escape to avoid my wrath.

No, it's the players that can't seem or don't want to find a group to PvP with. The players that are daring enough to roam Cyrodiil on their own, looking for one on one fights, easy ambush-kills or following a group so they can get some points while their survival chances rise a little.
    Now, why am I, and my guild mates, annoyed? Because those single players are capable of ruining our ambushes, flanking manoeuvres or surprise attacks.

Just the other day we were in Cyrodiil, a guild group of around 15 members. Teamed up, everyone on ventrilo, getting clear and decisive instructions from the group leader. We saw an enemy group chasing off one of our alliances siege groups that ran off. (our as our guild master put it: tactical repositioning themselves) We were hiding behind a rock formation, waiting for the enemy group to get closer so we could flank them and give them a nasty surprise despite the odds of 3 to 1 in the enemy's favour. But to our unpleasant shock, a lonely player from our alliance, who was being pursued by 3 enemy players, saw us and came running towards us for help. We were discovered before the enemy group was near us, ruining our element of surprise and the advantage we would have had.

And this is just one of several occasions where single players messed up our game play. Can't you, the single player, guess that a sizeable group in hiding is up to something nasty for the enemy, who is probably nearby? Don't you realise that you, by running towards us with waving arms and shouting for help (would be funny to have that actually in game), are revealing our hidden location to the enemy?
    And if this was the only way of revealing our position, but it was given away in many different manners. Like standing among us, while we are crouching. And don't mind looking to your chat window, because you are on your own so who will want to say something to you? Well, maybe, just maybe that hidden group, requesting you politely but urgently to go into hiding....

But not all of you are that ignorant. Some of you go in hiding when near us, and we thank you for it.... until we notice that you have a cute little monkey or crab with you. Let me tell you a little secret, and I probably get shot by professional gankers, ambushers and assasins for revealing it: Your pet doesn't hide with you. It will stay visible. So seeing a lonely monkey moving around is a dead-give-away for someone lurking in stealth just in front of the monkey. I killed my share of enemy players who thought I didn't see them. Monkey see = monkey do, but stealth is something it didn't learn, probably because it can't see you do it since you are in stealth. Yet it will still follow you around somehow. And you following us = 1 monkey showing the location of a guild group. If you didn't hate monkeys after seeing Planet of the Apes, this will make you hate them.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to impede on your choice to roam Cyrodiil on your own. If you feel daring enough to do so, please do. Harass the enemy as much as you can and disturb its reinforcement lines. I salute your courage. But give us the chance to deploy group tactics to do maximum damage to the enemy. Hiding is an essential method to surprise the enemy and surprises are always fun. Especially when we are the ones who can yell Surpise! So please, pretty please, don't spoil our fun. Think before you come running towards a hidden group and put your pet on the bottom of your bag or into the care of the bank clerk when you enter Cyrodiil.
    Thank you.

There is a very simple fix to this -> people outside your group should have the same detection range as the enemies, not see you from miles away. This will also prevent the spy lowbies (that noone admits to using) from giving out positions away to the enemy.
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    I make a point of bolt escaping through hiding randoms... just a bunch of
    cf2head.gif
    - done w/ it
  • hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    i prefer playing solo.

normaly i roam cryodil alone questing

sometimes some stupid enemy comes my way and i get a kill

sometimes i join a group or a zerg

i take clues from groups and stay back when they do their coordinated strike , helping when i see my oportunity

i don t think i harm ya i think im helping

but of course theirs allways idiots running around, bad luck if you got a leech
  • weirdkitten
    Personally, I find it much more enjoyable to reveal enemy groups locations to our zerg with a well timed detection pot :p
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most fun I have is when I run solo. Since my NB build is focused on all stealth/escape I try to stay solo. I will however join in large scale groups, but only to use them to locate the action.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk maybe the "single player" that seen your group was trying to lead the enemy into your ambush? Maybe in his way of thinking it was a good thing that he was running towards your group.

On the plus side though making posts like this seems to be a good way to acquire "lol" points, I guess we just love hearing about other peoples misfortunes. At least you got that going for you!
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.