Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How do you distribute points with your Horses?

Reignskream
Reignskream
✭✭✭✭
Wanted to see how people have been distributing their horses points and the likes. Am i able to just keep buying the 1gold imperial mount, and say use one for speed, another for stamina, and another for carrying capacity?

I wouldn't do it like so, but i already have a set where i have one horse purely for speed, and then i have 1 other purely for carrying capacity. Wanted to see how everyone else has been distributing points as well.

Stamina just doesn't seem to be worth it atm as it is bugged. Only thing it seems to be good for is not getting knocked down while running.
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    I use the imperial horse for carrying and that's its I don't have any other horses. Rather spend the extra cash buying my bank space all over again which I still haven't gotten my refund from the bank bug. I don't even use the horse for getting to places I just run to where I need to go or take the wayshrine.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , i wanted a black horse , so i got one.

My horse got 20 stamina , the rest im adding everything in speed.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    Well , i wanted a black horse , so i got one.

My horse got 20 stamina , the rest im adding everything in speed.
    Same here. 20 stamina seems about enough to work with. And if I ever feel the need for more inventory slots I'll buy a new horse for that. Probably something I'd do for my crafter.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have two horses. My Imperial and the Gaited Horse.

The Imperial is used for strictly storage. Ive made no attempts to make it faster or have more stamina. Since theres wayshrines all over the place in PvE zones. I see no point in wasting too much gold on bag room when I can simply unlock 50 slots with a fraction of the gold Id have used without the horse.

The Gaited on the other hand Im tossing strictly into speed. Since it already has 20 stamina it can take a few hits before I get tossed. And that way Ill be able to take it into Cyrodiil and utilize it to get around faster and get away from threats.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on 19 May 2014 01:44
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    I put every single point into carrying capacity and nothing else. I never ride it anyway. The speed increase in negligible and it tends to bug out constantly. When you stop to gather resources the dismount doesn't always work and trying to gather from horseback causes freezes and UI issues. Aggro while on horseback is almost frightening. Once something attacks me while I am riding on my horse, I am probably screwed. Trying to dismount to fight, while already being attacked, causes all kinds of bugs and issues and gets me killed just about every time. As a result, I almost never get the horse out. I just walk or wayshrine everywhere.

Make the horses faster, I'll use them.
    Make the horses less buggy, I'll use them.
    Add mounted combat that works, I'll use them.
    Leave it they way it is right now, no thank you.

Maybe it's just me.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 Horses
    1 with 62 speed Useful in cyrodil
    1 with only carry useful in PVE
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I got a black horse and I'm adding 20/20/10 speed, stamina and carry capacity respectively for a balanced all-round horse.

If I ever feel like it I might make a pure carry or stamina horse.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of my points are in storage.
  • Shanna
    Shanna
    ✭✭✭
    I buy two horses (1g each) for each of my chars...then I feed one apples, and one oats (speed and inventory) every 20 or so hours. I usually keep the inventory one active while I'm questing, but I am building up the speed one for Cyrodil.
    This is all part of the game.
  • AbraCadabra
    AbraCadabra
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 Imperial horses.

1 max speed.
    1 max carrying
    1 cosmetic. Just started this one last week, splitting points in stamina for armor look and speed for harness upgrades. Probably will put left over points in bags or speed.
  • Krovax
    Krovax
    I use one imperial for speed and one as a glorified mule. I have yet to die in PvP because I didn't spent 40k+ on a horse that had a 10% advantage, so I went with 2g for the two horses instead. Obviously I got an imperial edition.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left my horse in the stables with a million apples, i have been told that should make him a racer.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    I put it all in speed. I don't bother with stamina, not because it's bugged (which it isn't), but because it's not worth it for me.

Also, stamina on a horse does not mean how long you can sprint before it slows down. It means how much damage you can take ON your horse before you are thrown off. Test it out. If your bar is empty, any small hit will throw you off. If you're running and it's full, it acts like a health bar, so you'll see the stamina bar drop a great amount when you are hit while riding, but you stay on the horse.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i didnt plan to be attacked while riding anyway.
    Its all about speed especially when you have to cross half of Cyrodiil for your daily quest run.
  • daveben007b14a_ESO
    if you stable a horse thats setup for inventory I am assuming you automatically loose the bag space? Also can you feed a horse that is not currently active?
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Currently my Imperial horse has 20 stamina and 36 speed. Going to get stamina up to 25, then the rest goes into speed.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyosji wrote: »
    I put it all in speed. I don't bother with stamina, not because it's bugged (which it isn't), but because it's not worth it for me.

Also, stamina on a horse does not mean how long you can sprint before it slows down. It means how much damage you can take ON your horse before you are thrown off. Test it out. If your bar is empty, any small hit will throw you off. If you're running and it's full, it acts like a health bar, so you'll see the stamina bar drop a great amount when you are hit while riding, but you stay on the horse.

That's just not right about stamina. Try it out on a fresh horse and then one that has 10 points in stamina and you will see the difference. For instance on my new character, I can just about get from Devon's watch bank to the archway on the way to the crafting benches on full sprint with no points in speed or stamina. On my VR with 20 points in Stamina and 15 in speed, I get to the horse dude and then all the way to the crafting benches on one tank of stamina. You do know the more you put into speed, the quicker your stamina will drain, don't you? Its a balancing act getting it to the right balance of speed vs stamina, put less in speed and you will travel much further.
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina just doesn't seem to be worth it atm as it is bugged. Only thing it seems to be good for is not getting knocked down while running.

How is it bugged then? That's exactly what it's supposed to do.

Anyway, everything in speed of course.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    All on bags
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    htoncic wrote: »

A sprinting stamina horse is faster than a speed horse, that's the thing. They'll catch up.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »

That's just not right about stamina. Try it out on a fresh horse and then one that has 10 points in stamina and you will see the difference. For instance on my new character, I can just about get from Devon's watch bank to the archway on the way to the crafting benches on full sprint with no points in speed or stamina. On my VR with 20 points in Stamina and 15 in speed, I get to the horse dude and then all the way to the crafting benches on one tank of stamina. You do know the more you put into speed, the quicker your stamina will drain, don't you? Its a balancing act getting it to the right balance of speed vs stamina, put less in speed and you will travel much further.

Not clear on what you are getting at here. Your stamina does not determine how long your horse can sprint, just on how much damage you can take within a certain time. The more stamina just mean the longer you can sprint on a horse while being attacked before being knocked off. Your stamina does go down when you sprint, but it's the same principle. Even if you max out your horse on stamina, you will eventually drain it to a point that even a level 1 mob can knock you off your horse.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Ruddertail wrote: »

A sprinting stamina horse is faster than a speed horse, that's the thing. They'll catch up.

Again, not true. My speed horse is faster than my friends pure stamina horse, and he has more points put in than I do by over a week. Stamina only determines the length you can travel while being hit before you are knocked off.
  • stabbykitteh
    stabbykitteh
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main has an Imperial all-baggage horse and an all-speed light horse for Cyrodiil.
  • Strontium-Dog
    Strontium-Dog
    ✭✭

Keep shift pressed once stamina out on horse and speed stays.Its bugged
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭

I thought it was bugged because when I'mm sprinting on my horse, and i can hold it in and as long as i do, i have infinite sprint. I THOUGHT that was bug, but reading up more on the horses and stuff like i have been the passed day or so, I think it was always meant to be that way, and the stamina is just there so if someone whacks you, if you have some you stay on, if you don't you get knocked off.

But im not sure if the infinite speed is supposed to be legit or not, i still think once the stamina runs out your out of sprinting on your horse, so i shouldnt be able to still be sprinting.

I distinctly remember in beta when running out of stamina on my horse a few times, i couldn't sprint afterwords.
    Edited by Reignskream on 21 May 2014 15:48
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine doesnt. If I run out of stamina then I'm walking on it! Yours must be bugged.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭

Not clear on what you are getting at here. Your stamina does not determine how long your horse can sprint, just on how much damage you can take within a certain time. The more stamina just mean the longer you can sprint on a horse while being attacked before being knocked off. Your stamina does go down when you sprint, but it's the same principle. Even if you max out your horse on stamina, you will eventually drain it to a point that even a level 1 mob can knock you off your horse.

Yes it does. New horse small bar, old horse with stamina invested=large bar. I'm not sure if yours is bugged but mine sprints for ages and then slow runs when its out. I didn't say anything about being knocked off because I cannot comment as I never get knocked off because I only use the horse in towns.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    i spent 2 points in stamina until i found out i can keep sprinting even with zero stamina as long as i kept shift button pressed... so these are wasted. All the rest are now going to speed
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My imperial horse is all capacity, and my purchased horse is all speed.
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mine doesnt. If I run out of stamina then I'm walking on it! Yours must be bugged.

LOL I've seen people do that before and it looks like a circus trick!! But yeah i can sprint as long as i want to, along with many other people too. All i have to do is hold my shift key in and its infinite sprint.

I still think its not working as intended/bugged.