Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gold Sellers on the Forums!?!?

Dubah
Dubah
✭✭✭
I just recieved a message for a gold seller website on the forum inbox, zos you guys need to get this under control! The username is demonuik i left the message in my inbox if you wish to see it... I can understand in game but the forums is insanity! There isn't even a button to report the message
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    no, you have to send in the report manually from here... sigh. And according to policy they will no doubt rip this down soon, since you named the party... Not allowed to even point out gold sellers or bots on the forum...
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't name the website he went to, if @demonuik‌ is a gold seller he is a gold seller, let everyone know so they can block this usename instead of tearing it down for him to spam the next group of people, ZOS you are handling this situation incorrectly

The more people that waste their money on these idiots is only keeping them in business, its not that hard to make money in this game nor is there much to spend it on except repair bills, so whats the point of even buying it?
    Edited by Dubah on 18 May 2014 20:27
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubah wrote: »
    I didn't name the website he went to, if <censored> is a gold seller he is a gold seller, let everyone know so they can block this usename instead of tearing it down for him to spam the next group of people, ZOS you are handling this situation incorrectly
    Remove the name, ZOS has a policy against naming and shaming, if you don't remove it they will ban you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no worries on my end, I agree with you. If I had my way all gold sellers / buyers / bots would be posted on a board of shame in all the capital cities.
    However the mass of bot / seller defenders in here will be sure to appeal for the poor souls of the bots and sellers.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reenlister wrote: »
    Oh no worries on my end, I agree with you. If I had my way all gold sellers / buyers / bots would be posted on a board of shame in all the capital cities.
    However the mass of bot / seller defenders in here will be sure to appeal for the poor souls of the bots and sellers.
    I have no problem with posting the names of known gold-sellers, although by the time you prove it, you can just ban the #@&amp;$.

The problem arises when someone thinks someone else is guilty, and they aren't. Which why ZOS has a no naming and shaming policy (well that and legal aspects), which is why @Dubah needs to remove the name.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • drkeys143
    drkeys143
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have had a mail here too, but different ID, I just delete them, getting fed up of flagging them now, is like juggling soot
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    I have no problem with posting the names of known gold-sellers, although by the time you prove it, you can just ban the #@&amp;$.

The problem arises when someone thinks someone else is guilty, and they aren't. Which why ZOS has a no naming and shaming policy (well that and legal aspects), which is why @Dubah needs to remove the name.

Um, yeah? Which is why I told him in the first post this would most likely be closed soon. Although I did indeed go on to say that your not allowed to post even known ones, or at least that was my intended meaning.
  • demendred
    demendred
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did this a while back. I had gotten an RMT message. I guess the PMs are going to close again.
    All good Nords goto Sto'Vo'Kor.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Um, yeah? Which is why I told him in the first post this would most likely be closed soon. Although I did indeed go on to say that your not allowed to post even known ones, or at least that was my intended meaning.
    No you were clear enough, I was just agreeing with you, and telling him again.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't name the website he went to, if <censored> is a gold seller he is a gold seller, let everyone know so they can block this usename instead of tearing it down for him to spam the next group of people, ZOS you are handling this situation incorrectly
    Remove the name, ZOS has a policy against naming and shaming, if you don't remove it they will ban you.

Lol if they remove me then their priorities are backwards, i didnt do anything wrong im the one who recieved a message from someone who is unwelcome here. I'm not shaming anyone. If you are a man im gonna call you a man, is that a shame? if you are a player of ESO im gonna call you a player of ESO, is that a shame? If you're a gold seller im gonna call you a gold seller, if you think thats a shame then stop doing it, no shame in it, and if ZOS was gonna ban me for it they would have done it already
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭

Lol if they remove me then their priorities are backwards, i didnt do anything wrong im the one who recieved a message from someone who is unwelcome here. I'm not shaming anyone. If you are a man im gonna call you a man, is that a shame? if you are a player of ESO im gonna call you a player of ESO, is that a shame? If you're a gold seller im gonna call you a gold seller, if you think thats a shame then stop doing it, no shame in it, and if ZOS was gonna ban me for it they would have done it already

What would happen if his/her account had been hacked and you just accused him/her of being a gold seller?

There is a valid reason for Zeni's approach to naming and shaming and I agree with it.

Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say, this is the first MMO i've ever seen such a huge infestation of gold sellers.
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone. Just to clarify, we have made an exception to our Code of Conduct for naming and shaming those that are selling gold via private messages on the forums. We are asking players to provide us with that information in this megathread. This will allow us to investigate as quickly as possible in an attempt to action any accounts that are selling gold via our forums. Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on 19 May 2014 00:10
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Dubah
    Dubah
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »

What would happen if his/her account had been hacked and you just accused him/her of being a gold seller?

There is a valid reason for Zeni's approach to naming and shaming and I agree with it.

If his/her account has been hacked he should be thanking me for dropping the name because i just made it apparent to everyone his account is hacked and being used for this crap. And again, i didnt shame anyone, i didnt go oh this guy is a tool or anything like that, i simply added that this guy is spamming people on the website. Whether i posted it on the forum or not the account would be banned and this has to be stopped, i dont care if it is a hacked account!

And thank you from ZOS for your response to this message, i will add the name to the thread just in case!
    Edited by Dubah on 19 May 2014 02:22
  • Mister_Crowley
    ZOS_JasonL wrote: »
    Hey there, everyone. Just to clarify, we have made an exception to our Code of Conduct for naming and shaming those that are selling gold via private messages on the forums. We are asking players to provide us with that information in this megathread. This will allow us to investigate as quickly as possible in an attempt to action any accounts that are selling gold via our forums. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for the clarification, sir.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_JasonL wrote: »

@ZOS_JasonL I got one of these but I cant get to the mail to get rid of it. Says i got 1 in my inbox but i cant get it deleted. Help?