Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Maintenance

demoneca
demoneca
✭✭✭
So no announcement about tomorrow.. Is there a maintenance outage?
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe tomorrow is a 'normal' day for scheduled maintenance. I would assume it will occur.
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭
    Actually those are days set aside to use "as needed". They've used them about, 70% of the time. I don't think it's too much to ask that they let us know 10 hours in advance if they plan to use it. They know by now.
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I see it, there should be maintenance like right now to deal with the rampant bots farming non-combat quests in higher level zones. There needs to be a strict minimum level for entering a zone as well as level requirements not suggestions for certain quests.
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    They should do more maintenance days in the first few months just to iron out the bugs and help decrease the bot population .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think the bots have gotten better? Seems it to me. I have no gripes right now but I'm guessing since we haven't heard otherwise, there will be maintenance tomorrow. I guess my point is, how hard is it to verify with an official announcement.
  • ebunts14_ESO
    ebunts14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If its a scheduled maintenance day, then it has already been announced via posted schedule. If that is too hard to understand without being told again, then that's on you.
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭
    If its a scheduled maintenance day, then it has already been announced via posted schedule. If that is too hard to understand without being told again, then that's on you.

Thank you troll for stopping by! In the "posted schedule" thread, it was also announced that "we may not need to use them every week". And they haven't used them every time. Just simply sayin how about a 12 hour notice yay or nay.. as I'm sure we've all seen other MMO's do.

Thanks for your input! It was ever so helpful, I'm sure you have lots of friends who tolerate your condescending criticisms!
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    demoneca wrote: »

Thank you troll for stopping by! In the "posted schedule" thread, it was also announced that "we may not need to use them every week". And they haven't used them every time. Just simply sayin how about a 12 hour notice yay or nay.. as I'm sure we've all seen other MMO's do.

Thanks for your input! It was ever so helpful, I'm sure you have lots of friends who tolerate your condescending criticisms!

I think it's safer to assume that their will be an announcement if their wasn't maintenance, and to just go ahead and expect it to happen during those time. so far the only time they haven't used those times, is when they did it a day before, then it is scheduled maintenance, not regular
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last maintenance was a lot longer due to added back end work. how long is today's maintenance expected to take?
  • jayssenrwb17_ESO
    The last two weeks they've announced that NA Thursday maintenance will go ahead - 1 hour before the servers go down. Clearly, it is a little bit beyond their capabilities to confirm maintenance any early than that - as they stated they would.

I think it is safe to assume that they are going to pull the servers down for hours at a time twice a week - and fix next to nothing, oh sorry, claim to fix a handful of broken quests a week.
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well the NA down time has started so assume that EU is down at agreed upon time.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there a need for a thread such as this? There is scheduled maintenance on US servers today, and EU server tomorrow, as reported in the Server Status sub-forum. They only announce it up front when they are not about to follow the scheduled maintenance.

In short, yes there will be maintenance tomorrow for the European servers, starting at 04:00 CEST.

The English thread on EU maintenance times is wrong, see this thread.
    Edited by Seroczynski on 15 May 2014 13:22
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    The last maintenance was a lot longer due to added back end work. how long is today's maintenance expected to take?

On other days where they weren't patching they got the servers back up in about 2 hours so I'm hoping that will be the case today.

Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there a need for a thread such as this? There is scheduled maintenance on US servers today, and EU server tomorrow, as reported in the Server Status sub-forum. They only announce it up front when they are not about to follow the scheduled maintenance.

Because some of us don't play everyday, we play maybe 3 days a week, so we sometimes have to plan a little. And yes, mmo's will generally let you know 24 hours in advanced if they plan to use the "Planned Maintenance Window". But ESO can't be bothered to do that. Also, at this stage of the release they have this planned 2 days a week which is a lot and they may not always need both.

For example.. today .. they don't appear to be using the maintenance window and everyone on line is trying to figure out if the server is about to go because there has been NO ANNOUNCEMENT. How hard is it to just announce if they will use it or not? They know at least 12-24 hours in advance.

That's the reason for this thread. To ask ESO to communicate better.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there a need for a thread such as this?
    Because ZOS have said they don't expect to always USE the slots, thus it isn't a 'given' .. as seems to be case today!
  • Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I admit. With the new structure of the forum, and seeing as they indeed don't use all the scheduled periods, I give my approval to this thread.

/ctrl o:)
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    No maintenance today then?
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, there is no maintenance today (May 19) for NA or EU megaservers.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Deathplatform
    Deathplatform
    ✭✭
    Just to confirm, there is no maintenance today (May 19) for NA or EU megaservers.

Great thank you, that is very helpful. Appreciate the clarification :)
    CP700+ DPS
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on 19 May 2014 12:46
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO

I did not get a message notifying me of this on the Forum Messaging Service... as indicated would happen elsewhere by a mod. Deciding to not have maintenance but failing to tell your player base is probably more frustrating to the masses than having the 1-8hr downtime...for regular maintenance. At least from a planning when you can get on the servers standpoint.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how my thread is the duplicate...

According to the forums timeline, your topic came second hence the duplicate but I agree that they missed the point of your thread before closing it, where is the Server Status forum gone?
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    Funny how my thread is the duplicate...

According to the forums timeline, your topic came second hence the duplicate but I agree that they missed the point of your thread before closing it, where is the Server Status forum gone?

It was removed so they can announce it using that message that pops up in the top of the forum and they buried it in the support section - https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320

So much for improving things.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    And read fast.. they are closing any other posts about server down time and linking this informal post with a mod update... maybe better FORMAL communication and notification in the forums would avoid the forum spam... afterall you made sweeping changes n all...gee.

Was the server status page part of the massive list of requested changes for this forum? Dont recall seeing that anywhere as it was the only thing easy enough to find... in English German and French...
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Nope just like to be kept in the loop... hate having to read post after post looking for that one tid bit of info from a mod that explains what has occured...

But your constructive addition to this thread is much appreciated, thank you.
  • thejadefalcon
    thejadefalcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because asking for information, any at all, is whining. Got it. Close down the forums, guys, we're not allowed to ask any questions. Ever.
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    ewww he deleted his post... too funny
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    btw ZOS, as I've posted other places for various topics like this, you're doing it wrong. You should not be waiting for us to ask if there's going to be maintenance to tell us. You need to be proactive about getting this information to people at agreed time with appropriate notice. I feel like my boss/parents. Why is it like this?
    ESO Username: @Dublicious
    Title: Splitter of Hairs

ESO Characters:

Claricea Starlinor Vet 14Sorcerer DPS -- Woodworker/Blacksmith/Clothier -- Provisioner
    Liquado Starlinor Vet 4 DK Tank, alchemist
    Some low level Templar and NB...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dublicious wrote: »
    btw ZOS, as I've posted other places for various topics like this, you're doing it wrong. You should not be waiting for us to ask if there's going to be maintenance to tell us. You need to be proactive about getting this information to people at agreed time with appropriate notice. I feel like my boss/parents. Why is it like this?

Regular maintenance times are already announced. There is a server status page now, which tells you whether the server is being brought down for maintenance. You'd think people would just be happier that there isn't any maintenance today.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regular maintenance times are already announced. There is a server status page now, which tells you whether the server is being brought down for maintenance. You'd think people would just be happier that there isn't any maintenance today.

This was correct a few days ago, now simply is not, there is no "Server Status" page anymore, nowhere to see if the server is down, server days etc nothing. It was remove when they change the forums and never put back.

Also, the problem is some of us planned things around the maintenance times so we can play when it's up instead of not playing thinking the server is down. Besides, ZoS did confirm they were going to say in advance if there is or not a maintenance, which they have not from day one, Fail all around if you ask me.