Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I wiped on Molag Bal Now What? How do I get back to him without abandoning quest?

Gerryhop
Gerryhop
Soul Shriven
Okay, I am a Lvl 49 Templar and I wiped on Molag Bal. I ported out to get repaired, get more potions etc. Now what? Is there a way that I can get back to Molag Bal without running through the final gauntlet again? I get to the Groundskeeper and she won't even talk to me, nor can I get through the portal? Do I have to abandon the Molag Bal quest (God of Schemes) and start over with the The Final Assault quest. Please dear God, tell me "No, there is an easy way to get back to Molag Bal." Any help, advice, consolation would be appeciated!
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    God of schemes quest is not offered by the groundskeeper, but by the prophet and the companions.

I'd check the harborage for a portal to where you need to be
  • Pinn
    Pinn
    ✭✭
    I one timed him on my SB so can't help where you get back. Assume there is a portal in the Harborage. One bit of advice, tho....be sure to keep lots of soul gems if you are having problems on this mob, so you can rez right there. Repair kits would help as well.

cheers, and gl.
    Edited by Pinn on 12 May 2014 21:12
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Youll have to go back to the Harborage and go through the portal. Unfortunately if you wipe and leave. You will have to go back through the gauntlet...

If you run down the middle and up past the titan at the steps you can avoid dealing with the first half of the gauntlet. Simply go through the door before it hits you and youll be fine.

As for dealing with Molag Bal...Youll have to spend quite a bit of time shielding yourself from his attacks and running like hell to his right side (your left) when he drops those orbs of hell on you.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • devincutlerb14_ESO
    devincutlerb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You don't have to run through the entire scenario again, but you have to do the last part. Given that you have your 4 companions with you for the first part and become a demigod for the second, it doesn't take too long. I wiped and logged out and when I came back I entered the harbourage and was back fighting MB in about 3-5 minutes.
  • Gerryhop
    Gerryhop
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks so much. Really appreciate the advice. This is really a good community.
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    At least you could port out, when i did him i had to go repair but it would not let me out. I wrote a ticket and a very nice person answered very quick while i was in there and as a starter he gave me repair kits so could just continue and i got him within a few goes.

All i did was add a a little healing tick and hold my burst damage for those titans, once i got past them the rest was just stay out of bad stuff and knock him down.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Block the titan balls.
  • pulversoppa
    pulversoppa
    ✭✭
    Yeah, until you've got a completely ruined armor - do not bother porting out to repair. For future slayers of Molag Bal - bring a spare set of armor :)

Depending on class, skills and player skill you'll perhaps not even need to die.

If you have a shield and the reflect spell projectile the titans are easypeasy, then swap to a ranged damage bar with some selfheal ability on it and keep moving sideways in some direction. :)

I was lucky (or well prepared/had good setup) so I killed him on my first try and wasn't near dying any time during the fight.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    eh I discovered that my vampire nightblade archer was way to squishy for this fight; I sorta managed the first part, but the titans completely flattened me...

not with their projectiles but their groundbased wave attack things which I think are fire based and REALLY friggin' hurt
  • ForTheRealm
    ForTheRealm
    ✭✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »
    eh I discovered that my vampire nightblade archer was way to squishy for this fight; I sorta managed the first part, but the titans completely flattened me...

not with their projectiles but their groundbased wave attack things which I think are fire based and REALLY friggin' hurt

Your are correct, there is a lot of fire-based attacks used in the fight.
    As a Vampire, it helped me a lot when I used my Fire-resistent gear. I was also constantly moving and hiding behind the rocks, to avoid some bigger waves.
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, i had problems with my NB too, UNTIL i read on the forums here that you simply block the titans spells and it reflects them back. When they spawn, simply hold your right mouse button until they are dead. With that, the fight was easy.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Pewpie wrote: »

Yeah, i had problems with my NB too, UNTIL i read on the forums here that you simply block the titans spells and it reflects them back. When they spawn, simply hold your right mouse button until they are dead. With that, the fight was easy.

that works for the balls they throw at you, however that does not work for the ground based attack they use.

• Gerryhop
    Gerryhop
    Soul Shriven
    What a great community. I played TES ever since Daggerfall, and played WoW since Burning Crusade. I had to break some bad habits that I acquired during WoW to defeat Molag Bal. As a Level 49 Templar, I learned again that ESO was not a mindless, zerg DPS exercise. I actually had to slow down and enjoy the game.

I defeated Molag Bal last evening on my second attempt thanks to the advice from these forums and after watching a few videos. I laugh now when I thought about my first attempt: I kept using Toppling Charge and then tried to engage Molag at melee range: definitely a formula for failure ( actually multiple failures).

Last night, I loaded ranged attacks and a heal and that's pretty much all I used. I used Silver Shards, Spear Shards and Binding Javelin. I never got closer than 15 to 20 yards from Molag. Basically I stayed well ranged of Molag while he fired off the white balls and I just kept circling. Then when he launched in the air and landed near me, I backed up and fired my volley and then ran around him some more at a distance. I did that for 12 mins, rinse and repeat. Although I brought 20 health pots, I only used 2. And I didn't have to self-heal as long as I wasn't damaged from his ranged spells. I never used any of my 16 Soul Gems to resurrect.

When the dragon adds landed, I ran to a corner, put my shield up and let their spells reflect back to them. I never moved and all of them died very quickly.

So thanks to all. I was almost afraid to post thinking this would be like the toxic WoW forums. I would get answers like "L2P," or "Quit the Game," or "Get better gear," but so far no comments like that.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the veteran areas were opened up to me after defeating Molag Bal, as a level 49. I was worried that I would have to grind my way to 50 before being able to go to the Aldmeri Dominion, but I completed my first quests there last evening.

Thank you all!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this true for all titans or just in this fight?
    I did not even know you could block spell.
    VR1 noob Khajiit
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

VR1 noob Khajiit

this is due to a special ritual performed on you in this quest; (altho I imagine in reality it's due to the titans and the spells in this quest being changed) but it's because you got a special power bestowed upon you earlier.

This does not work outside this quest ;)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

VR1 noob Khajiit

this is due to a special ritual performed on you in this quest; (altho I imagine in reality it's due to the titans and the spells in this quest being changed) but it's because you got a special power bestowed upon you earlier.

This does not work outside this quest ;)
    That would be to easy :)
    Still it was fun being so OP, killing trash with one weapon hit.

Anyway I did not know spells could be blocked, play an staff sorceress so I tend to cast back or disrupt other casters and only block melee then I cant push back or cc.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.