Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Middle Mouse Issue

thetaobera
The game doesn't recognize middle mouse button. Is this being worked on?
  • thetaobera
    steel series gaming mouse. Still does not see the wheel as the middle mouse. I've had to macro all the buttons beyond left and right click to keys on the keyboard. That works for all the buttons except the middle mouse.

Edit: This is a steelseries issue. I just tried a different mouse and it works.

Thanks

Edited by thetaobera on 13 April 2014 11:57
    Options
  • flameweaver
    flameweaver
    ✭✭✭
    Mine (MS Sidewinder) works just fine. It looks as if your mouse is the issue. Do you have another you can try ?
    Edited by flameweaver on 13 April 2014 11:50
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have two, some standard Logitech mouse and G600. They both work.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    thetaobera wrote: »
    steel series gaming mouse. Still does not see the wheel as the middle mouse. I've had to macro all the buttons beyond left and right click to keys on the keyboard. That works for all the buttons except the middle mouse.

Edit: This is a steelseries issue. I just tried a different mouse and it works.

Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted. There was a known issue (think it is still posted there) where the middle mouse button would not function but a fix was put in some time ago.

As others have confirmed it should work and does on mine. I tend to remap to the keyboard keys anyhow. Perhaps it is something specific to the SteelSeries mice? They don't support all their products for OS X.
    Options
  • thetaobera
    I'm so frustrated at this point. I've had to keyboard bind the mouse look. I tried two different mice and cannot get them to work properly. Steelseries is not supported for Mac. So I found a work around for the middle button issue but you cannot export profiles if you have a mac. I tried the Madcatz mmo (which sucks utterly for mac users) with USB overdrive and ESO doesn't see any of the buttons. So I'm just using the keyboard for mouselook. I miss WoW.
    Options
  • UlthweWraithlord
    UlthweWraithlord
    Soul Shriven
    I am using a Steelseries Sensei Raw with Mac OS10.9.2 although the last time i went to their website the Steelseries Engine only covers up to 10.8. The middle mouse button works for me, but Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 do not work in ESO, if I click those, it identifies them as Middle Mouse button. I have the same problem with my old Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer....Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 clicks register as Middle Mouse clicks in ESO.

Both mice work perfectly in WoW and other games, so the issue is specific to ESO and occurs with more than one type of Mouse. The Steelseries Raw also works correctly if I use the Windows ESO client in Boot Camp.
    Options
  • thetaobera
    Wraith, you've described the issue to a T. The MMO7 and Vertimouse can use the middle mouse. In fact every button is the middle mouse but right and left click. The difference is that the software for the steel series works to emulate key pushing so I can bind a things to keys that way. Except... for mouse look. OMG I just figured it out. Wrong key press type bind.

thanks
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    thetaobera wrote: »
    Wraith, you've described the issue to a T. The MMO7 and Vertimouse can use the middle mouse. In fact every button is the middle mouse but right and left click. The difference is that the software for the steel series works to emulate key pushing so I can bind a things to keys that way. Except... for mouse look. OMG I just figured it out. Wrong key press type bind.

thanks
    Glad you sorted it.

I tested with my Logitech G700s on PC client also with the Logitech software installed but not set for ESO (default settings) It recognised the middle button and the four side buttons as MB4 & M5. But none of the other buttons register at all including scroll wheel side push buttons.

On the Mac client it is the same except the side buttons don't register MB4/5. MMB works as normal.

As above, it's not a issue really because all the buttons can be mapped to key strokes and work fine.
    Options
  • redsteven
    redsteven
    Soul Shriven
    Moonraker wrote: »
    On the Mac client it is the same except the side buttons don't register MB4/5. MMB works as normal.

yeah : \

Options
  • Gear05
    Gear05
    Soul Shriven
    I am using a Steelseries Sensei Raw with Mac OS10.9.2 although the last time i went to their website the Steelseries Engine only covers up to 10.8. The middle mouse button works for me, but Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 do not work in ESO, if I click those, it identifies them as Middle Mouse button. I have the same problem with my old Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer....Mouse 4 and Mouse 5 clicks register as Middle Mouse clicks in ESO.

Both mice work perfectly in WoW and other games, so the issue is specific to ESO and occurs with more than one type of Mouse. The Steelseries Raw also works correctly if I use the Windows ESO client in Boot Camp.

I am having this exact issue on a Mac, Does anyone know how i can configure this so my MB4 and MB5 will work serrate from MB3?
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gear05 wrote: »

I am having this exact issue on a Mac, Does anyone know how i can configure this so my MB4 and MB5 will work serrate from MB3?
    I just map the keystroke to the buttons works fine and no need to use the button directly.
    Options
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    I use my middle mouse button for weapon swapping....it was really laggy and wouldn't even work sometimes, especially at that crucial moment when you need it before you die.

Well....turns out this is a client/server issue. No matter what button I use for weapon swapping, it is still laggy or doesn't even work.

I guess what I am trying to say is that my middle mouse button works. Logitech Nano Wireless...not sure of the model number.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use my middle mouse button for weapon swapping....it was really laggy and wouldn't even work sometimes, especially at that crucial moment when you need it before you die.

Well....turns out this is a client/server issue. No matter what button I use for weapon swapping, it is still laggy or doesn't even work.

I guess what I am trying to say is that my middle mouse button works. Logitech Nano Wireless...not sure of the model number.
    From forums slow weapon swap is a general issue still.
    Options
  • Crawlbox
    Crawlbox
    Soul Shriven
    My MMB stopped working after this latest patch... it was working fine before, so I know its not the mouse itself... Logitech M315.
    Options
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed: my middle mouse button no longer works and is not recognized by the game as of v1.2.3.

Well done, Zenimax.
    Edited by _subjectnamehere_ on 25 June 2014 04:12
    Options
  • Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    i had to install mouse drivers in order for it work
    Got Logitech mx 500 old mouse as hell :D
    Options
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Mine does not have drivers....and, I didn't know a Mac OSX needed drivers for anything...
    Options
  • Volla
    Volla
    ✭✭✭
    Mine does not have drivers....and, I didn't know a Mac OSX needed drivers for anything...

if its not apple producs it may need drivers for it in order to work poperly.
    Options
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok my MMB was working but the update broke it.
    It ain't easy being green.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those having issues,is this mapping the actual button press or mapping to a keystroke set in ESO?

I just mapped all my buttons to keystrokes in the Steermouse app I use and it works fine. But have not been able to download new patch yet to check (another 4.4GB download ^^)
    Options
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    It is not mapping...the game does not respond to the middle mouse button at all, if that makes any sense.
    Options
  • redsteven
    redsteven
    Soul Shriven
    Previously, my middle mouse button, 4th mouse button, and 5th mouse button were all considered "middle click" by ESO.

Now, none of them are recognized at all :(
    Options
  • barrrt
    barrrt
    ✭✭✭
    My middle button stopped working as well (using Logitech MX518 mouse) after the patch. The game no longer recognizes it in the bindings screen. If I use BetterTouchTool to map middle button to \ it gets recognized as such in the bindings screen, but not while playing the game (although manually pressing \ during play does work strangely enough).
    EP: Veren Sailenar - 50 DK : Isabeau Sette Tyne - 50 Sorc : This-One-Lizard-Yes - 50 Templar : Lililia Adal - 50 NB : Solea Caro - 50 DK : Igor with Vigor - 50 Sorc : Slightly-Delays-Death - 50 Templar : Balki Barthel - 50 Warden : Willowshade Roxie - 50 Warden : Violetha Adal - 50 Templar : Andriel Greenarrow - 50 NB: Fleshy Leon - 50 Necro: Bonita Lacrimosa - 50 Nacro
    AD: Kael Spellbinder - 50 Templar
    DC: Sharrku gra-Dusku - 50 NB
    Options
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    yup, ,middle mouse button stopped working. the game doesn't recognize it anymore.
    i remapped the middle mouse button to a keystroke using logitech center which helped. but should not be the right solution.

please fix
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
    Options
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    Same, the game doesn't recognize any buttons other then MB1 and MB2
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Working as normal now I have tested it.

Middle button mapped to '3' via Steermouse (or mouse software) which works for the spell in that slot in any of the buttons. I suggest to use mapping of keystrokes rather than use direct button presses which are not fully supported from Known Issues post.
    Options
  • Corew
    Corew
    ✭✭✭
    Reinstalled Steermouse, haven't needed it for a long time, and mapped the buttons.. all good now. Funny thing is that Steermouse also refused to recognize the extra mouse buttons until I clicked "Initial settings", weird.
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since one of the recent patches, I can no longer map the little left-side button on my mouse (MS Notebook Mouse 3000). Could do so before, but now no longer can. :(
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI This is a known issue and they are "investigating" it. I believe there will be a fix "soon".

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options