The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vampire - Major Bugs

Oskin
Oskin
Soul Shriven
Poison Mist - does not tick every 1/2 second as advertised. Currently ticks (usually) 3 times over the full 4 second skill. Sound effect missing abruptly on cast. Very bugged. The resulting effect here is that the skill is near useless; it does less than half the damage it should and has immersion breaking sound problems.

Vampire Passive - this passive should reduce the Magicka/Ultimate cost of your abilities. However, the passive cost reduction is not being applied when you log back into your character. This means that if you're in stage 4 vampirism, relogging will make your abilities require the full magicka/ultimate cost. Currently, the only way to fix it is by feeding, putting yourself in Stage 3 Vampirism, and waiting 1.5 hours for it to tick down to stage 4. Very annoying and particularly buggy.

Dark Stalker Passive - this passive should make you move faster in sneak. If you die, you lose the passive and you need to relog to get it back. Combine with the above bug to fully *** everyone off..

I would suggest a full review of all Vampire passives. These look very broken.
Edited by Oskin on 7 April 2014 21:03
  • Anilogas
    Anilogas
    Soul Shriven
    bump this needs to be addressed asap.

restating the bugs:

The vampire class line has a few bugs at the moment. Poison Mist form is only dealing damage 3 instances over 4 seconds; the tooltip says .5 seconds for 4 seconds so it should deal 8 instances of damage.

Vampire Passive - this passive should reduce the Magicka/Ultimate cost of your abilities. It only reduces in cost same time you change vampirisim stages. If you die, or change zones, relog or other things, it resets to full cost
    Options
  • asettle2009_ESO
    Dark Stalker is also bugged. When you die you lose the movement speed in stealth. The only way to fix it is to relog or rezone.
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Stalker is also bugged. When you die you lose the movement speed in stealth. The only way to fix it is to relog or rezone.

Is THAT why it wasn't working? I thought it was because it didn't work in dungeons...wow. That is AWFUL. Feels so bad to work so hard to get that passive and it's kick ass then it stops working and you have no idea why. Thank you for posting this!

Is the mist form worth using? When do you use it? I can't really seem to find a place for it on my bars..

Options
  • The_Ez
    The_Ez
    I can confirm all these bugs. I suggest players frequently submit tickets about it, even repeat tickets, so ZOS finally fix this. Poison mist, to my knowledge, has NEVER worked as intended.
    Options
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Mist form would definitively be usefull if it did actualy work as intended i did try it on the field.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
    Options
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oskin wrote: »
    Poison Mist - does not tick every 1/2 second as advertised. Currently ticks (usually) 3 times over the full 4 second skill. Sound effect missing abruptly on cast. Very bugged. The resulting effect here is that the skill is near useless; it does less than half the damage it should and has immersion breaking sound problems.

This is very disappointing to hear. I've been rank 10 and the only thing I had left to do was finally level this thing (didn't think would be as useful as my dark cloak), and was looking forward to decent damage on it.
    Vampire Passive - this passive should reduce the Magicka/Ultimate cost of your abilities. However, the passive cost reduction is not being applied when you log back into your character. This means that if you're in stage 4 vampirism, relogging will make your abilities require the full magicka/ultimate cost. Currently, the only way to fix it is by feeding, putting yourself in Stage 3 Vampirism, and waiting 1.5 hours for it to tick down to stage 4. Very annoying and particularly buggy.

This is simply a tool tip error. The tool tip doesn't update and will revert to original text. I did some tests and the reduction cost still do apply, regardless what the too tip says is required.
    Dark Stalker Passive - this passive should make you move faster in sneak. If you die, you lose the passive and you need to relog to get it back. Combine with the above bug to fully *** everyone off..

I'm not convinced that we are supposed to be able to go at this speed normally. I really, really want it to be true. But when I go in dungeons and outside of daylight the speed kicks in. When the sun turns golden as it nears sunset and night, the speed kicks in. I feel like moving at fast speed outside of dungeons in daylight IS the bug. Because I've never experienced moving slow in night/dungeon, only moving fast in daylight when not usual.

It reads "Increases movement speed while sneaking and allows player to enter stealth more quickly at night."

Quick read makes it seems like first part always active, second only at night. But without punctuation, the 'and' modifier means that both are true "at night". Wouldn't make sense for just the stealth thing to be at night.
    Options
  • Anilogas
    Anilogas
    Soul Shriven
    the ultimate reduction is not workign correctly, this has been repeatedly tested by me. changing vampirisim stages will reduce the cost until, death, relog, or zone to a different instance, then it will reset back to 200 ultimate
    Options
  • Anilogas
    Anilogas
    Soul Shriven
    help bump my thread in the bug / customer support section to get at least poison mist form unbugged asap. vampires 4 life

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/71994/bug-vampire-skill-line#latest
    Edited by Anilogas on 9 April 2014 03:33
    Options
  • Oskin
    Oskin
    Soul Shriven
    This is simply a tool tip error. The tool tip doesn't update and will revert to original text. I did some tests and the reduction cost still do apply, regardless what the too tip says is required.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. For example - if you have 600 magicka, your mist form might want 670, even though it should cost 280, it won't let you cast it.
    Further, you won't be allowed to use your ult until you hit the tooltip amount. Then it drains all of your ult, so again it's a big deal there.
    Options
  • feniks31_ESO
    feniks31_ESO
    ✭✭
    can you clarify for me one thing.
    Dark Stalker
    Increases movement speed while sneaking and allows player to enter stealth more quickly at night.
    Is this means that sneak speed bonus is only should be active at night or only the ability to enter stealth more quickly requires night time?
    Options
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. For example - if you have 600 magicka, your mist form might want 670, even though it should cost 280, it won't let you cast it.
    Further, you won't be allowed to use your ult until you hit the tooltip amount. Then it drains all of your ult, so again it's a big deal there.

That's simply not the case for me. My drain fills up my ultimate 18% a pop. 100% / 18% equal 5.5. My drain essence adds 15 ult a cast. 15 x 5.5 is 82.5

Even with tooltip showing it take 200 ult to cast, it fills to 100% with only 80 ult. Same with testing how much mana my powers use. I'm not sure how you guys are working out that's it's not working. But for me it's only a tool tip error.
    Options
  • navystylz_ESO
    navystylz_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Stalker
    Increases movement speed while sneaking and allows player to enter stealth more quickly at night.
    Is this means that sneak speed bonus is only should be active at night or only the ability to enter stealth more quickly requires night time?

In proper English it means that. Without saying "Increases movement speed while sneaking, and allow player to enter stealth more quickly at night," it literally means both are at night. Regardless it's buggy though. While I never move slow at night, I constantly get to move fast during the day.
    Options
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    After using mist form in first person, when the buff wears off my hands remain invisible, not so much a major bug but a minor one and a major annoyance.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
    Options
  • Evaner
    Evaner
    These bugs are game breaking especially when PvPing given the Cyrodiil load in bug, a fix is necessary.
    Options
  • Valok
    Valok
    ✭✭
    The Dark Stalker bug is really killing (no pun intended) my experience in Cyrodiil..
    Options
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Stalker

In proper English it means that. Without saying "Increases movement speed while sneaking, and allow player to enter stealth more quickly at night," it literally means both are at night. Regardless it's buggy though. While I never move slow at night, I constantly get to move fast during the day.

It is two complete sentences stuck together with a conjunction.

Increases movement speed while sneaking. Allows player to enter stealth more quickly at night.

You could say it differently: Increases movement speed while sneaking in addition to allowing player to enter stealth more quickly at night.

Edit: I'd like to report another bug here. Sometimes, under certain circumstances, when using my Ultimate with the invisible option my character will simply stay invisible to me. Other people can see me, but my avatar is gone from screen unless reloading game. /reloadui does not fix this.
    Edited by Ravinsild on 10 April 2014 15:48
    Options
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this is intended or not, but after opening up fro mstealth with the ability surprise attack(don't know if this applies to veiled strike or the alternative morph, concealed weapon, as a nightblade) the target is immune to drain essence, I don't know if this is just the result of trying to stack a stun on top of a stun, but it's rather annoying and it'd be nice that if an enemy is immune to the stun part of the ability, that the drain function still worked, especially on bosses.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
    Options
  •  Azymuth
    Yes, you can't cast Drain Essence on mobs that are knocked down, or stunned already (possibly disoriented as well didn't test yet).
    Options
  •  Azymuth
    Even with tooltip showing it take 200 ult to cast, it fills to 100% with only 80 ult.

Except it doesn't after you die or go to a loading screen, not for my Breton Sorcerer (and I just realized that it may be caused by the 15% reduced ultimate cost passive from a sorcerer skill tree but probably is not since a lot of people have the same problem). However Oskin is right and trying to cast mist form with less magicka than the stage one cost will not work no matter what you do (after a loading screen bugs your stage 2-4 if not always).

I've been casting ultimate with 192 resource for 16 in-game hours now because of this damn bug (instead of ~61) except for 1h inside 1 dungeon where I got from stage 3 to 4, then I got out of it and bye bye working cost reduction for 12h.
    Edited by Azymuth on 11 April 2014 21:35
    Options
  • MeIkor
    MeIkor
    ✭✭✭
    I have been submitting tickets with these issues since launch and not a reply on them yet. The only email I received from ZOS was about an unrelated issue about lost items even though I didn't have this problem.

A few other minor annoyances are drain essence skill will have to be hit a few times to go off sometimes even if I'm right in front of the enemy. Also if they die before it finishes, like if another player kills I will be stuck in drain animation until I cast another skill.

My two biggest complaints are about ultimate cost not being reduced and poison mist not hitting right amount. Since these are both important to my build
    Options
  • MeIkor
    MeIkor
    ✭✭✭
    I made a support thread. help keep it bumped so ZOS team will notice it. Also make sure you are reporting it every day. even multiple times if thats what it takes.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/75974/vampire-skill-tree-bugged#latest
    Options
  • jc110886
    jc110886
    Surpernatural sometimes dont have an effect on health regen if u ever notice it
    Options
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    @Melkor & @Oskin
    That explains why i had a 80 or so ulti cost once, i never fed again, now its back to normal...that explains a lot...hope they fix it fast.
    also the thing with poison mist...it sounds interesting, but when i tried it...it was completely crap, so i took the faster-walking mist instad.

the list that i submitted was like this:
    1) Dark Stalker Effects ends on death an reapplys only with a zone change or relog. POSSIBLY this affects also the medium armor passive.
    2) Drain-Ability is highly bugged.
    - sometimes it has a very long delay
    - wont work against knocked-down or stunned targets
    - use against a trashmob (squirrels, rats etc) causes the animation to "freeze"
    - wont work against "unstunable" mobs. should be changed, the penality of "once per target" is allready enough.
    - can randomly break the effect (like no line of sight)
    3) As a NB you can feed on humanoid bosses! thats somehow great, because its like a few seconds stun and full regeneration for us...but i dont think this was intended. how does it work? just use cloak, sneak behind your target, it counts as "out of combat and hidden" so you can feed on him.
    4) the "starter vampirism" that flags you for the quest never ends. this causes that you can accept the quest over and over again.
    Edited by LazerusKI on 13 April 2014 21:53
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant even begin to agree with this post more. The bugs in the vampire class are HORRIBLE.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    LazerusKI wrote: »
    @Melkor & @Oskin
    That explains why i had a 80 or so ulti cost once, i never fed again, now its back to normal...that explains a lot...hope they fix it fast.
    also the thing with poison mist...it sounds interesting, but when i tried it...it was completely crap, so i took the faster-walking mist instad.

the list that i submitted was like this:
    1) Dark Stalker Effects ends on death an reapplys only with a zone change or relog. POSSIBLY this affects also the medium armor passive.
    2) Drain-Ability is highly bugged.
    - sometimes it has a very long delay
    - wont work against knocked-down or stunned targets
    - use against a trashmob (squirrels, rats etc) causes the animation to "freeze"
    - wont work against "unstunable" mobs. should be changed, the penality of "once per target" is allready enough.
    - can randomly break the effect (like no line of sight)
    3) As a NB you can feed on humanoid bosses! thats somehow great, because its like a few seconds stun and full regeneration for us...but i dont think this was intended. how does it work? just use cloak, sneak behind your target, it counts as "out of combat and hidden" so you can feed on him.
    4) the "starter vampirism" that flags you for the quest never ends. this causes that you can accept the quest over and over again.

You know what pisses me off about this? Cloak counts as out of combat stealth... unless you use concealed weapon. Walk up to something while you are hidden (not cloaked) and hit them with CW. I see numbers upwards of 1475 on a crit. If I hit cloak and do the same thing, 570 is the max I see. Seems like a double standard :disappointed:

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While not game breaking, the sound bug on Poison Mist is extremely annoying.
    Options
  • Dmialtar
    Dmialtar
    LazerusKI wrote: »
    @Melkor & @Oskin
    Sorry for my bad English.
    All my characters who contacted vampirism from blood fiends and take quest from NPC have this bug.
    My character who biten by other player dont have this bug ( starter vampirism removed properly at end of the quest)
    Edited by Dmialtar on 21 April 2014 06:52
    Options
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    * Vampire passives simply won't work half the time

* Midnight drain is nearly impossible to use, because for some reason when using the ability "Your character is busy" you need to be 1 second without doing anything to drain, other versions (standard & ulti regen morph) do not have this issue. And against the tool tip, you can only drain one target once.

* Stage 4 vampirism is broken and does not offer any decreased costs to vampire skills, yet you receive all the penalties (ISNT IT SO MUCH FUN BEING VAMP RIGHT NOW)

*You can sprint in mistform, and mistform is broken if you open your map, plus the capability to heal bug in mistform and other abuses
    Options
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    actualy its not that, Stage four just happen to reset to full cost when you relog leave zone etc wich is the real issue and that's true for about all stages.
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
    Options
  • AlexanderTheGreat
    AlexanderTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Mist form doesn't remove control effects on cast even though it says you are immune.
    Options