Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

new patch

• ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    so I opened it up to see if servers where live. Small patch. Clicked play went to log in and couldn't. Closed patcher and game. Opened it back up. IT said repair. Closed it for a bit opened it up again to check if game was live. now sais install. When i click install its a 22 gig patch
  • Zelus
    Zelus
    a patch downloaded directly into a repair client lol wtf work on that patcher!
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a drop down menu to the right of the word "game options" that will allow you to repair. I also recommend shutting off the auto update feature.
  • taxi1983
    taxi1983
    my launcher is now constantly cycling through a 26gb repair sequence, finishes then starts again.

So funny just now
    Wind-Over-Water
    Argonian Sorcerer Healer
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    No, the drop down menu does not have repair option only install!
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHUT OFF auto update and cancel whatever happens after the patch and repair, worked for me thankfully :)
  • Fudgedd
    Fudgedd
    Anyone else has the 5GB Patch now?
    Fudgy like Fudge
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen
    ✭✭✭
    Getting a much bigger one now! :D
  • catsunglow
    After reading all of this, i think i'm happy with installing the small 40mb patch and having play displayed in the launcher. I'll try to log in tomorrow after work's done. Good night everyone
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    That is not working. I shut off auto update, closed and reopened launcher. Still only has install option.
  • Fudgedd
    Fudgedd
    Celuwen wrote: »
    Getting a much bigger one now! :D
    How much ? :open_mouth:

Fudgy like Fudge
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    are you
    kcappy wrote: »
    I have no repair option available under gear symbol, just install.

referring to the gear symbol above the news window or the one at the top right of the load screen?
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    Checked both. Where there is normally repair option is only install choice.
  • Raapnaap
    Raapnaap
    ✭✭
    5GB patch here as well.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    are you
    kcappy wrote: »
    I have no repair option available under gear symbol, just install.

referring to the gear symbol above the news window or the one at the top right of the load screen?

I don't think he can have it if he is already at the install bug. I don't see any repair symbol either, the launcher is bugged, as I can still start the game just fine.

Question is, how to fix the launcher ... :disappointed:
  • IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    Fudgedd wrote: »
    Anyone else has the 5GB Patch now?

Yep, got a small download at first then auto verify with repair button, I repaired, closed the launcher opened again now downloading a 5gig patch

• Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh! 5GB patch is going to take awhile! :(
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    Every time they try to fix something they break something else. This is going on a full day of no access counting yesterday's mess. At least they gave us 2 1/2 more days, if they get this up and running. I have seen almost every launch since WoW and EQ2 and this is almost as messed up as Vanguard was, lol. In the intervening years, there have been many smoother launches. You would think ZOS learned something from all this.
    We have all been very patient which is attested to by the thread which is approaching 150 pages, started during yesterday's down time. Come on already.
    How about an update from the developers as there are lots of frustrated gamers right now.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, they do space out the access to the updates. I am just getting mine now.
    Edited by Inactive Account on 3 April 2014 22:01
  • Fudgedd
    Fudgedd
    I think we should be able to play again once we've got te 5Gb download.
    As far as i understood the patch notes there is comming a in-game store.
    Might aswell some bugg fixes :) (Launcher just popped up a message with how to apply my 30days of sub) We might be there soon!
    Fudgy like Fudge
  • leewells
    leewells
    ✭✭✭
    cancel update and hit repair. solved the problem for me

Awesome, that worked.
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    Nope 22 GB here. And it is slow....
  • hamon
    hamon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just wish they would warn us about a 5gig patch, i,m concerned that after waiting on the 5gig download it just borks everything up even more.... grrrrrrrrrr
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    And account page is closed...
  • Animeloverkyokyo
    Got the same thing... with my wifi it would have taken 13 days to download that... :/
    Trying the repair thing now... *fingers crossed*
    I'd tell you but...
    It's a secret to everybody!
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    The server is up! Great!.........still got 4GB to download!!! :(
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what they updated? What's in the patch?
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you still suffer under the launcher bug, I posted a workaround that might help you.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/67299/temporary-fix-to-the-install-issue#latest

I can play just fine, didn't download anything but also had the "install" issue.
  • kcappy
    kcappy
    ✭✭✭
    None of these work for me....