Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leads drop chance.

Thoriorz
Thoriorz
✭✭
Hi, leads drop chance for each mythic/station etc are still the same or do they change according to some rules?
Are the chances the same when looking for Leads for the second/third lore as they were for the first lore?

If a station consists of 5 leads for example, are the chances always the same or are the chances for the first lead out of those 5 smaller and gradually increase depending on how many leads I already have out of those 5?

Does it affect the chance of getting a lead daily reset? I mean does the first lead acquired after a daily reset have a better chance of dropping than other leads? Or does the daily reset not play a role in this regard?

Are there any differences in the chance of drop leads from WB vs delve boss etc? Or are they the same everywhere?

I've started gradually doing antics in the West Weald and I'm just wondering if any of the stuff described above has an effect on getting leads and also if there is an effective process or does it not matter where and what I start with?
What are your opinions or experiences guys?
  • aleksandr_ESO
    aleksandr_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    the community does not know anything about the drop chances of anything, because ZOS do not disclose this information
  • Thoriorz
    Thoriorz
    ✭✭
    the community does not know anything about the drop chances of anything, because ZOS do not disclose this information

Hm, and do we know why such information is "top secret"?

Or anyone if they would share their experience? Some antique "andy". :smile:

As certainly from my own experience I would venture to say that the drop is not the same everywhere.
    For example, I finished all leads (first lore) for the music box (West Weald), except one (that one from daily coffer).
    And more or less all of them drop fairly easily for me (which would be consistent with what I read in another thread that the lead drop is boosted for the first lore) but the last lead from the daily coffers just didn't drop even about opening 22 coffers and I just don't believe it's just a "bad rng".
    I don't know according to what ZOS sets the drop chance for leads but some are incomprehensibly small or is it a bug (if the theory that leads are boosted for first lore were true)?
  • ChaoticWings3
    ChaoticWings3
    ✭✭✭
    Thoriorz wrote: »

Hm, and do we know why such information is "top secret"?

Or anyone if they would share their experience? Some antique "andy". :smile:

As certainly from my own experience I would venture to say that the drop is not the same everywhere.
    For example, I finished all leads (first lore) for the music box (West Weald), except one (that one from daily coffer).
    And more or less all of them drop fairly easily for me (which would be consistent with what I read in another thread that the lead drop is boosted for the first lore) but the last lead from the daily coffers just didn't drop even about opening 22 coffers and I just don't believe it's just a "bad rng".
    I don't know according to what ZOS sets the drop chance for leads but some are incomprehensibly small or is it a bug (if the theory that leads are boosted for first lore were true)?

Tbh I've been wondering what the drop chances are while trying to complete codex entries for the tutorial islands. Just have Stros m'kai and Knarthi's roost to go. Getting stuck on the fishing for the Thrassian Stranglers. Took a really long time for the arteum fishing drop then got the other fishing one very quickly in stros m'kai. Meanwhile, while going for the third and final entries, the opposite is occurring where I got the arteum fishing drop very quickly and it is taking an extremely long time in stros m'kai (like over 200 bait used right now). So I have no idea why the leads are like this. True rng? Maybe. Cooldown from getting other leads? Maybe. Chances change every day? Maybe.

All in all the drop chances are very inconsistent with one another. Others and myself would rather have a known standard chance of drops or an increasing drop chance when spending over 15 to 30 minutes (especially when it starts to ramp up into hours) doing the same task over and over.

Some of the drop chances were bugged and they have been fixed but for other leads they still feel like they never drop sometimes. You can just randomly do the task one day and it drops first chance you get after spending hours trying to get it other days. So yeah it is very weird.
    Edited by ChaoticWings3 on 10 September 2024 08:40