Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is there a cooldown for the new Colovian furnishing plans we can get in the daily reward coffers?

Elvenheart
Elvenheart
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Now that there's a reason to do West Weald dailies again, I'm starting them back up in the hopes of getting the new structural plans. Does anyone know if there is a cooldown between plans dropping? Thanks!
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry about any cooldowns.....

I saved coffers up to open after update and got only ONE green plan from those and since then doing dailies on four characters, I have not had a single plan drop.

I am so damn unlucky with furnishing plans!! 😱
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would guess that it's the same as every other DLC zone. It has a chance to drop for however many daily World Boss quests you can complete each day. Whether it's doing it on multiple characters, or getting more WB dailies from players who share it with you.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would guess that it's the same as every other DLC zone. It has a chance to drop for however many daily World Boss quests you can complete each day. Whether it's doing it on multiple characters, or getting more WB dailies from players who share it with you.

Oh, no...just for the WB dailies?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this in the Patch Notes:

"With this update, we are focusing on new structural furnishings, recipes and new Master Writs.

28 new furnishing plans, which can be acquired via the Skingrad Reward Coffer, obtainable by completing the West Weald World Boss, Incursion, or Delve Daily Quests."
    Edited by Elvenheart on 1 September 2024 16:41
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

Oh, no...just for the WB dailies?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this in the Patch Notes:

"With this update, we are focusing on new structural furnishings, recipes and new Master Writs.

28 new furnishing plans, which can be acquired via the Skingrad Reward Coffer, obtainable by completing the West Weald World Boss, Incursion, or Delve Daily Quests."

Unless they changed something this go 'round. Structural Plans typically drop from WB daily coffers, Delves drop Motifs, and Incursions drop Leads.

But <shrug> we will see.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had four structural plans from daily coffers. I only do delve and incursion dailies, not WB.

I've not had more than one plan per day, and no dups yet.
    PC EU
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I'm beginning to think there might be an increased chance for one to drop once a day, and that after you get that one you should save the remaining boxes for a different day. I got a green plan on the first daily I did both yesterday and today, and didn't get any more after doing dailies on several characters. I know, it could also just be 100% random and I could have been lucky.
  • Morvan
    Morvan
    ✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about any cooldowns.....

I saved coffers up to open after update and got only ONE green plan from those and since then doing dailies on four characters, I have not had a single plan drop.

I am so damn unlucky with furnishing plans!! 😱

Maybe you only got one from all of your boxes because there is a cooldown? :tongue:
    @MorvanClaude on PC/NA, don't try to trap me with lore subjects, it will work
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's a cool down on all daily boxes, I do 3 and if I've helped others and so gotten more than 3, I then park the rest for the next day.

I've noticed I get junk if I open more than 3/one per daily giver type.
    Edited by Pelanora on 2 September 2024 05:24
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You generally get one blue, an hour, green has a 10 min cooldown, and purples are just rng. So that in mind, I can't recall if it had been dropping from the boxes with that cooldown or just once a day per type, but I'd not open more until those timers are up if you decide to test how the daily box drops are, as you'll end up getting none immediately after you get a plan.
    Edited by Djennku on 2 September 2024 05:26
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get so frustrated trying to get these plans to drop. After a while I just stop doing them.

The terrible drop rate is why the purple Necrom structural plans are still in the 100k+ gold range and purple Apocrypha plans are 1 mil+ gold in traders.

EDIT: clarification

Edited by katanagirl1 on 2 September 2024 16:33
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the West Weald bosses and Incursions too long and tedious to farm for these plans. I'll just purchase mine from guild traders.
    PCNA
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may be tied to the mystery 25-30min cooldown that’s already in place. It is not guaranteed that you’ll get a purple plan for doing dailies if I read correctly, also the plans that drop are part of the 101 new plans. If I am wrong, please correct me.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The suspected cooldown only applies to looting containers. Furnishing plans that you get from other sources like reward coffers have no cooldown. The cooldown doesn't halt the dropping of furnishing plans, it just affects the quality.

If there were a cooldown on reward coffers from dailies, you'd hear the odd reports of White furnishing plans dropping from a daily reward coffer.
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooldown or not, I have found the RNG just gets worse and worse. I've done the dailies everyday on my main and 5 other alts since this update dropped on PC and have only gotten 4 green furnishing plans! 4! (My main has only gotten 1 of them). Basically, this makes me want to do less and less on this game and is very discouraging. There comes a time when you say to yourself, "Why bother?"
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The suspected cooldown only applies to looting containers. Furnishing plans that you get from other sources like reward coffers have no cooldown. The cooldown doesn't halt the dropping of furnishing plans, it just affects the quality.

If there were a cooldown on reward coffers from dailies, you'd hear the odd reports of White furnishing plans dropping from a daily reward coffer.

I think it’s like the motif cooldown where you just don’t get anything if you already got one from a reward container you opened the same day.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it’s like the motif cooldown where you just don’t get anything if you already got one from a reward container you opened the same day.

Yeah, I was refering to a comment above mine that was talking about the blue/purple cooldown timers. I just forgot to quote it.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I was refering to a comment above mine that was talking about the blue/purple cooldown timers. I just forgot to quote it.

In that case I agree with you.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA