Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Group Finder Improvement Suggestion

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I spent two hours today waiting for a group to run a trial and I thought it would be great if there was a way to watch it while doing something else instead of staring at the full screen and seeing a small window of my character and where I am in jittery 30 fps glory. Can we have a minimized window on PS about the size of the chat window? It would have been great to be able to farm mats or something while watching it and waiting for the trial I want to come up. Same for the group dungeon queue.
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We can always actively form the group, just like we did in the past, and many of us still do.

Honestly, it would speed up the process. Ten people looking for two is much faster than one looking for 11.

• Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Anything that helps stopping the incessant “xyz in gf” in zone chat is good to me.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I spent two hours today waiting for a group to run a trial and I thought it would be great if there was a way to watch it while doing something else instead of staring at the full screen and seeing a small window of my character and where I am in jittery 30 fps glory. Can we have a minimized window on PS about the size of the chat window? It would have been great to be able to farm mats or something while watching it and waiting for the trial I want to come up. Same for the group dungeon queue.

Better and easier to implement would be to receive an alert in the chat window.

In the group finder, you enter the name of the trial that you are looking for, also the difficulty normal o veteran, and when a group is created you receive a system an alert in your chat window.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    We can always actively form the group, just like we did in the past, and many of us still do.

Honestly, it would speed up the process. Ten people looking for two is much faster than one looking for 11.

As I mentioned in another thread, I am not comfortable enough running trials to start a group of my own. I wanted to try running nLC for the first time yesterday.

That is not the point of this thread, though. I should get a snapshot and show how the window obliterates everything else on PS so you can’t see.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

Better and easier to implement would be to receive an alert in the chat window.

In the group finder, you enter the name of the trial that you are looking for, also the difficulty normal o veteran, and when a group is created you receive a system an alert in your chat window.

Something like this would work, too. I was watching all the normal trials just to see how busy it was last night, only a couple of them were getting filled.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never used the group finder.

Does it rely on players like me going there are registering my interest in an existing group? How would I know to do that?

Hoping this relates to your topic; it seems the root cause of your problem is waiting for the group to fill and continually checking this. It might be a moot point if more players understood how it worked and responded appropriately.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »

Does it rely on players like me going there are registering my interest in an existing group? How would I know to do that?

Hoping this relates to your topic; it seems the root cause of your problem is waiting for the group to fill and continually checking this. It might be a moot point if more players understood how it worked and responded appropriately.

No I was actually waiting for that trial to show up in the group finder.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One player has to initiate/create the listing in the group finder. Then other players looking to join will see the listing when they search for a group.

Once you join, then it's just a simple matter of keeping an eye on the Group Window to fill up with enough players so you'll know when to drop what you're doing and travel into the Trial instance via group-mate taxi once someone in the group enters. This can be a few minutes, it could also be half an hour. So most people typically do other rando stuff like farming until the group fills.

What the OP is asking for is a notification system to let you know when someone creates a listing for that particular Trial. Since as it is now, you have to keep stopping to open the activities UI and manually search every so often.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 1 September 2024 17:07
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One player has to initiate/create the listing in the group finder. Then other players looking to join will see the listing when they search for a group.

Once you join, then it's just a simple matter of keeping an eye on the Group Window to fill up with enough players so you'll know when to drop what you're doing and travel into the Trial instance via group-mate taxi once someone in the group enters. This can be a few minutes, it could also be half an hour. So most people typically do other rando stuff like farming until the group fills.

What the OP is asking for is a notification system to let you know when someone creates a listing for that particular Trial. Since as it is now, you have to keep stopping to open the activities UI and manually search every so often.

That's worse than I thought.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I still think having a mini window onscreen would help. Maybe I would like to see what trials are running and decide what I want to do then. Sometimes the trials fill up fast and stopping to check might not be enough to catch it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I would also suggest finding an active guild that fits your gameplay. There are many guilds out there, though it may take trying a few guilds to find the right fit. It is worth the time. I can do and clear as many raids as I want in normal, vet, and vet HM.

What is great about that is when we have someone new, we make sure they know what to expect so they have a good experience. It is a much better experience overall than running with pugs.

Good luck to you which ever route you go.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I would also suggest finding an active guild that fits your gameplay. There are many guilds out there, though it may take trying a few guilds to find the right fit. It is worth the time. I can do and clear as many raids as I want in normal, vet, and vet HM.

What is great about that is when we have someone new, we make sure they know what to expect so they have a good experience. It is a much better experience overall than running with pugs.

I appreciate the suggestion, I did have a dungeon group earlier in the year but they decided to spend less time playing the game. I had a trials group but I took a break from it because I got tired of scheduling my whole life around trial runs each week and all the other duties that came along with it. I plan to look for another more casual trials group, but for now I’d rather not have to rely on other people and just queue up when it is convenient for me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand this suggestion at all... group finder already fills pretty quickly if there's no other trial groups competing for your spot for instance, and small window with jittery 30 fps glory? what does that even mean? if you're gathering mats you can easily look at top left to see when group is fully filled when all 12 slots are acquired.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kappachi wrote: »
    i don't understand this suggestion at all... group finder already fills pretty quickly if there's no other trial groups competing for your spot for instance, and small window with jittery 30 fps glory? what does that even mean? if you're gathering mats you can easily look at top left to see when group is fully filled when all 12 slots are acquired.

There wasn’t a group for that trial yet.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kappachi
    Kappachi
    ✭✭✭✭

you'd still be competing for all other trial groups. there's times of day where not a single trial is listed, that's when if you put your listing up it will fill relatively fast.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

you'd still be competing for all other trial groups. there's times of day where not a single trial is listed, that's when if you put your listing up it will fill relatively fast.

As I mentioned above I had reasons for not starting a group finder trial, so I was just waiting for one to start.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is what I am talking about, this giant screen is the only way to view trials and you're stuck in it and can't do anything.

3fz3k2m6gw4w.jpg
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I appreciate the suggestion, I did have a dungeon group earlier in the year but they decided to spend less time playing the game. I had a trials group but I took a break from it because I got tired of scheduling my whole life around trial runs each week and all the other duties that came along with it. I plan to look for another more casual trials group, but for now I’d rather not have to rely on other people and just queue up when it is convenient for me.

I hope you find the right guild. One thing to note is that we always rely on other people for raiding, whether it is via a guild or a group finder. One method is more structured than the other.

Good luck

• Thysbe
    Thysbe
    ✭✭✭
    though groups might fill quickly they dont insta fill

if you look into the finder every 5-10 minutes and do other things in the meantime you shouldnt miss too much. thats how I approach it when actively looking for raids

The screen really is superhuge - on PC thats less of an issue