Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Psijic skill line needs to get some love

KekwLord3000
KekwLord3000
✭✭✭
Psijic kinda fell off the meta few years back and never picked up, I remember every new toon that I made I'd do psijic first and collect mages books in the same zone as well as shards.
Now? I just skip psijic entirely it's uselss.
We either need buffs or a rework cause the skill line as is, is pretty crap.
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully we'll get a Scribing skill for the Psijic Order skill line in the future! That skill line has a lot of passives that go unused because players don't always want to slot the existing skills on their bars, but a Grimoire for that skill line could change that.
  • KekwLord3000
    KekwLord3000
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that sounds like a possible fix, I think it should come with a rework on the skills and passives as well so everything will synergies with each other.
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just make this the next (permanently) free DLC.
    Much less development effort there.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psijic skills had its time, nowadays you level it just for RAT or Temporal Guard. Sustain is no longer issue for tanks so no need for Meditate and Imbue Weapon is worse than Rapid Strikes. Mend Wounds was never good. Time Stop was used by non-DK tanks as immobilize.

This line need some love.
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE the Psijic line is still worth it. I still slot Channeled Acceleration from time to time.

I think the real issue with the Psijic skill line is more that questline barrier to level it up. It's the single most long and drawn out, and mind numbingly boring, questline in the game IMHO. If it weren't for that, you'd see a lot more players use it. For PvE anyway. I don't know squat about PvP so won't even bother to speculate.
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 30 August 2024 12:49
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think RAT is used quite a bit in PVP. RAT is used by tanks in some fights. Undo (the Temporal Guard morph) is also slotted by tanks in some fights for the damage reduction on the front bar.
    Edited by Pevey on 30 August 2024 13:09
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Psijic quest line. I run it on newer characters as I'm getting them out to do antiquities, explore, pick up skyshards and wayshrines. One of my favorite things to do, along with the Scribing quest line.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PvE the Psijic line is still worth it. I still slot Channeled Acceleration from time to time.

I think the real issue with the Psijic skill line is more that questline barrier to level it up. It's the single most long and drawn out, and mind numbingly boring, questline in the game IMHO. If it weren't for that, you'd see a lot more players use it. For PvE anyway. I don't know squat about PvP so won't even bother to speculate.

I'm one of the few psijic enjoyers. I know the locations like the back of my hand and whenever I do the quest line on a new character, I run the same course every time. I can do it after work in about two (maybe three) nights while stopping to do other quests along the way. With my experience scrolls on, I level up so fast and discover all the way shrines I need to use later anyways on a new character. It's much better than trying to grind up Mage's Guild which almost feels designed to force you to buy it in the crown store.
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this skill line has been dead for months in my opinion. About the only use I can get out of it is to use the passive concentrated barrier for a shield on one of my tanks.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mend Wounds is definitely in the upper echelon of most useless skills in the game.

Meditate's morphs are basically identical and represent a significant amount of wasted potential.

Undo's morphs are also very similar and Precognition became much less useful in the era of Slippery existing as a CP.

The rest of the skills are sort of okay, with RAT being the best of them all. Certainly, the line could do with an overhaul as well as a Scribing skill.