Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Drgaonbones DLC giveaway on September, amazing! However...

GuuMoonRyoung
GuuMoonRyoung
✭✭✭✭
Just hear me out, what if ZOS focuses on giving away only the 1st and 2nd year dlcs and just unlock them globally as part of the base game? ZOS has already given away Orsinium, Thieves' Guild and Clockwork City dlc, Imperial City DLC and Vvardenfel has been part of the base game for a long time. If ZOS gave away Dark Brotherhood, we would have a complete experience. Especially, if these DLCs are unlocked globally for everyone, old and new players, as part of base game, we would have a complete experience. Starting in the base game, going to Orsinium after kicking Molag ***'s butt, then going through Thieves' guild and Dark Brotherhood and finally coming to Vvardenfel and finishing in Clockwork City, a full experience. I think it would be a wonderful experience for new players and old players who decide to start a new account but don't want to commit to a subscription.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they want people to log in and not just have those widely available for people to participate. It's still a strategy of getting short term good statistics rather than making a healthier game space long term.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just hear me out, what if ZOS focuses on giving away only the 1st and 2nd year dlcs and just unlock them globally as part of the base game? ZOS has already given away Orsinium, Thieves' Guild and Clockwork City dlc, Imperial City DLC and Vvardenfel has been part of the base game for a long time. If ZOS gave away Dark Brotherhood, we would have a complete experience. Especially, if these DLCs are unlocked globally for everyone, old and new players, as part of base game, we would have a complete experience. Starting in the base game, going to Orsinium after kicking Molag ***'s butt, then going through Thieves' guild and Dark Brotherhood and finally coming to Vvardenfel and finishing in Clockwork City, a full experience. I think it would be a wonderful experience for new players and old players who decide to start a new account but don't want to commit to a subscription.

That will not bring them money.

• fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As this month is about the undaunted as a theme, it makes sense for dungeons to be the giveaway rather than dark brotherhood. Plus as said above, the daily rewards are incentives to login etc
    Soupy twist
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'd rather 'opt out' of the free DLC dungeons.

I suppose that there is no way I can do this without not collecting most of the entire months log in rewards.

I've done them already, on Vet, but I'd rather not have them as a possible dungeon if I ever decide to do a random dungeon.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭

Friend, even if I don't subscribe but buy an extra copy of the game, that is still a purchase and making money. But that is not the point of the topic, the point is to satisfy both new and current player base with a massive addition to the base game that makes it feel like we are getting a complete journey.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »

I suppose that there is no way I can do this without not collecting most of the entire months log in rewards.

I've done them already, on Vet, but I'd rather not have them as a possible dungeon if I ever decide to do a random dungeon.

I’ll probably be doing the same, unless the rest of the month’s rewards are worth claiming. One of the benefits of not owning any DLC dungeons (besides ICP/WGT) is you have guaranteed fast RNDs for transmute stones when you’re not subbed. There really isn’t anything in Fang Lair or SCP that I need gear-wise, and memories of running those dungeons with clueless PUGs in the past means I really don’t want them popping up in my RNDs.
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    MrGarlic wrote: »

I’ll probably be doing the same, unless the rest of the month’s rewards are worth claiming. One of the benefits of not owning any DLC dungeons (besides ICP/WGT) is you have guaranteed fast RNDs for transmute stones when you’re not subbed. There really isn’t anything in Fang Lair or SCP that I need gear-wise, and memories of running those dungeons with clueless PUGs in the past means I really don’t want them popping up in my RNDs.

I think the rnd should be changed to a no role queue, once we enter, there should be some sings on the ground like we see in arena, one for tank, one for healer and two for dps. If we really need a tank or healer, one of the party can take the tank sign while another take healer sign, If we just need a quick run and wanna go full dps, the tank and healer in the party can just go for dps signs. Once we accept a sign, our ability bars would be changed to something appropriate for the role, so would our attributes. It would be a good learning experience.
  • AllenaNightWood
    AllenaNightWood
    ✭✭✭
    i own these already but arms pack for free is nice
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as adding Dragonbones DLC to your random dungeon queue, at least they're pretty quick on normal.

On the bright side, you get 2 keys for doing these pledges on normal, 3 on vet, and 4 for hardmode.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Friend, even if I don't subscribe but buy an extra copy of the game, that is still a purchase and making money. But that is not the point of the topic, the point is to satisfy both new and current player base with a massive addition to the base game that makes it feel like we are getting a complete journey.

I'm sure that it will make many players happy (and we can dream of that), but what you are proposing is not necessarily what they want from the business perspective (and that was my point). One time purchase of the base game (which is pretty cheap) is not comparable to the money they could make if a player has to subscribe over and over to get access to that DLC (or buy it once for a higher price).
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your logic here is to be applauded, but that isn't how ZOS' marketing tank thinks.

Orsinium, Theives Guild and Clockwork City were only offered temporarily as free additions. So some players may not have taken them. There is no commitment to a subscription, you can cancel it at any point.

For example, the current offer of free fiery pets is linked to the currently discounted purchases of Blackwood and Deadlands DLC; as well as the Blackwood Collector's Pack (does not include the Nagahide Welwa Ravager mount).

If I want access to these two dungeons, then I'll play them when I subscribe again. I don't want them added to the default normal dungeon range. They already snuck an additional one in there somehow.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are people really so stuck into thinking that the primary function of random normal is to farm transmutes that they are willing to decline free dungeons just because they might not be fast enough?

Regardless of the motivation, getting free acecss to content that was previously paywalled is a good thing.
    Edited by alpha_synuclein on 30 August 2024 10:16
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are people really so stuck into thinking that the primary function of random normal is to farm transmutes that they are willing to decline free dungeons just because they might not be fast enough?

Regardless of the motivation, getting free acecss to content that was previously paywalled is a good thing.
    I don't care about transmutes, other than they should move them to Vet dungeons.

I vary between sub and non-sub to avoid getting stuck in random dungeons that are content I just don't like. I avoid randoms when I'm subscribed. I don't like or want Scalecaller Peak. When I'm subscribed, I get it a lot in randoms and I quite often bail on it. If I take this free content, those two dungeons will be added permanently to my default random groups.

Yes giving away DLC is amazing! I took Orsinium and Clockwork City. I don't recall them being part of daily rewards as these DLC parts will be. So, I'll be giving up on all the September rewards to avoid getting these two dungeons.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    REQUIREMENTS NOT MET
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos should give something to the players that did purchase the dungeons.
    Maybe some seals of endevor equivalent to the original cost of the dungeons in crowns.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would help if there was a way to 'refuse' a login reward. If the collectibles and other unlocks gave you an inventory item that you use to add it to your collection then anyone who didn't want the dungeons permanently unlocked could simply keep it in the bank and not use it (or delete it entirely if they're sure).

Personally I'm indifferent. I very rarely subscribe, partially because I buy all the DLC I want to play, and I've never bought any of the dungeon DLC because I don't do dungeons often enough that it's worth paying extra for more of them. I suppose it's good that I'm now getting it free, considering I didn't think it was worth paying for, but it doesn't make me want it any more so it's still not a particularly exciting freebie.

But on the other hand I don't mind having it unlocked. I've got the dungeons that were included in older DLC/chapters before they decided to split them out and then stop making zone and story DLC and those seem fine, so I don't think I'll have a problem completing it if they ever do come up.
    Silaf wrote: »
    Maybe some seals of endevor equivalent to the original cost of the dungeons in crowns.

That seems extremely unlikely at this point. They've given away various DLC for free at different points (I think Murkmire was the first to be a login reward and Orsinium was the most recent before this) and none of them included any compensation. We also don't get compensation for other login rewards we can't/won't use, like when people who have fully trained crafting on all their characters get the research scrolls.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice idea, but DLCs are bought with crowns, not gems. Seals of endeavor are equivalent to crown gems because only crate stuff can be bought with them, no "ordinary" crown store items.
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    I don't care about transmutes, other than they should move them to Vet dungeons.

Indeed.
    LaintalAy wrote: »
    I vary between sub and non-sub to avoid getting stuck in random dungeons that are content I just don't like. I avoid randoms when I'm subscribed. I don't like or want Scalecaller Peak. When I'm subscribed, I get it a lot in randoms and I quite often bail on it. If I take this free content, those two dungeons will be added permanently to my default random groups.

Yes giving away DLC is amazing! I took Orsinium and Clockwork City. I don't recall them being part of daily rewards as these DLC parts will be. So, I'll be giving up on all the September rewards to avoid getting these two dungeons.

Thanks, but no thanks.

OK. I'm pretty much constantly subbed, I like dungeons and run them quite often. But rarely normals and almost never in a pug. Scalecaller has few mechs that can be easily messed up, so I get why it might not be a favorite thing to run with randoms.

But still, from my point of view, more dungeons open to more people = good.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes.
    Apart from maybe levelling a new character on lower levels, I literally have no other reason to ever do random normals.

Why would I?
    If I want gear, I queue for the specific one.
    If I want challenge, normals aren't providing that.
    If I want story, I sure as hell won't get that in a random group.

What other reasons are there for doing RNDs?
  • Stafford197
    Stafford197
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s the goal here? Everyone who wants a 6 year old DLC already has it, and in fact some people do not want it due to the implications it has on random group finder. Furthermore, no one is buying this content and certainly not a single player will return for this. I’d be surprised if any players who quit the game even see this!

ZOS needs to make all DLC 3 years or older into base game content to condense the intimidating DLC wall they’ve accumulated.

At the very least we need Greymoor and all previous DLC to become base game. This would allow essential features like antiquities, transmuting, jewelry craft to be part of the game instead of locked behind a paywall when new players attempt to interact with these systems.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »

Yes.
    Apart from maybe levelling a new character on lower levels, I literally have no other reason to ever do random normals.

Why would I?

Agreed. I solely do RNDs for the transmutes when it’s the middle of the month and I can’t wait for my end of campaign rewards. I don’t see any other reason for me to personally do them, besides the XP.

It really would be nice to skip certain daily rewards if we’re not interested in them. I have so many free pets and other stuff that I never use — would be great if I could have kept them from cluttering up my collections in the first place. I’d love to be able to skip past these two dungeons in the rewards this month, because I have zero interest in running them again and don’t want them popping up in my dailies. Oh well, I’ll just have to not accept anything beyond day two in September. <shrug>
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭✭

When they gave away Orsinium, I suggested that they give 1K crown as compensation to players who "purchased" it(not bought through crown to gold trading). I suggested the same thing again when they gave away Thieves' Guild and Clockwork City. If they don't give crown, maybe an exclusive costume or mount would be very honorable.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they gave away Orsinium, I suggested that they give 1K crown as compensation to players who "purchased" it(not bought through crown to gold trading). I suggested the same thing again when they gave away Thieves' Guild and Clockwork City. If they don't give crown, maybe an exclusive costume or mount would be very honorable.

I do not understand why would they have to give crowns to those people that already had Orsinium (like me who bought it several years ago). I used it for all those years (and was happy with the purchase).

May be they could have offered an alternative, but I'm fine that people who did not buy it had their chance to get it as part of Anniversary celebration.
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Why would I?

And this is why it was a big mistake to turn entry level content into farm fest for vet players.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Why would I?

And this is why it was a big mistake to turn entry level content into farm fest for vet players.

Perhaps, but I think one of the reasons was to populate the queue. No interesting reward -> long queues for random normal dungeons.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have not bought one dlc that is for dungeons. I have never entered a dungeon in this game as it is something you have to do with other people.

What do we solo players get instead of another thing we will never do?
  • jongoma
    jongoma
    ✭✭

why would they have to give you seals of endeavors / gems or crowns you used it for all those years ... lol
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't ever do dungeons, no interest in them at all. Free stuff's always okay though.

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why? They didn't do it when they gave away the other DLCs. So why would you expect anything for this DLC?

I already owned all the DLCs they've given away so far, and I'm an ESO+ subscriber, but I don't expect anything. They're old DLCs. The only people I felt for were the ones who had bought a mount they gave away, because the mount was fairly new. Those people should have been compensated.
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Why would I?

Perhaps, but I think one of the reasons was to populate the queue. No interesting reward -> long queues for random normal dungeons.

As a result we have very popular content that barely anyone actually enjoys running. I'm not sure if it's a good tradeoff.
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Why would I?

As a result we have very popular content that barely anyone actually enjoys running. I'm not sure if it's a good tradeoff.

Unfortunately, for an old game like this rewards is the only way to make long time players repeat content. So, good or not, it's their way to populate the queue.