Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Quality of Life suggestion/wish list thread?

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭✭
Is there a running QoL suggestion/wish list thread? Or would that just get way out of control?

What I would really love is to have other colors for different quests. Like the blue for dailies, I would like another color for Prologue quests and maybe a different color For Glory! quests?
I'm one of those that take like every minor quest in the land/area I'm focusing on. Sometimes I end up sometimes taking a trial quest or a prologue quest by accident. I will just abandon it, but wouldn't it just be easier to have maybe a slighter different color for the various?

Xbox X- NA
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I have an addon, which only works if you are in PC, that can help with that, but even then it doesn't always work.

I have also taken quests for trials or prologue quests (especially before I knew what all the icons meant and what the prologue quests are) and had to abandon them, and I always feel a bit guilty doing so :p

So having ways to visually differentiate the quests, at the very least on the maps would be great (and that for glory! quest, I haven't done it, don't plan to do it any time soon, and I have to c heck the quest icon every single time because I forget about it existing...)
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you have already done a quest I would like the annoying, pestering quest givers like Gathwen in Khenarthi's Roost to leave me alone.

I fail to see why she does since the AWA clearly knows I've done the quest at least 10 times before .

I have been here ten years.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending." Mercedes Lackey, Into the West

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- four accounts, many alts....
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Thanks! Weird it didn't show up when I did a search. There were only really old ones.
    Xbox X- NA
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check my signature - we have to leave ZOS some traces of what we'd like to see
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware, daily/repeatable quests are already identified with a blue quest marker lol

story quests are identified by a fancier black quest marker, any other quest is denoted by a standard black quest marker

even the journal i think already has symbols next to quests for story related quests, though im not sure about the dailies
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1.) Fix the "stuck in combat" nonsense.

2.) Refer back to #1
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • UnkindnessOfRavens
    UnkindnessOfRavens
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    1.) Fix the "stuck in combat" nonsense.

2.) Refer back to #1

Great. Now I'm stuck in a "stuck in combat" loop...
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naming your gear! Skyrim had that.

Naming your gear is very very useful for people that have many different builds.

Examples: "farming boots"; "lightning aoe chest"; "infinite archive gloves".

Yes we do have Build Slots and the Armory Assistant. But even then it would be very helpful to actually name your gear. For ease of navigating your inventory. And finding lost items in the chests at home
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selecting if you want to display mount upgrades per mount, not per character.

I like wearing full mount gear on my anniversary steed. I like my ghost-like guar to show more of their skin.

If I am to manually go to settings and select these options for every mount... unfeasible.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to crouch/sneak in Werewolf form. Crouching is a requirement to complete March of Sacrifices, even in the side content which would allow werewolves to not crouch during the Tarcyr fight.

It'd also be really cool if Werewolf had assassination animations like the Blade of Woe or Vampire feeding, so I could do Dark Brotherhood Sacraments in Werewolf form. I'd sneak around and jump at unsuspecting people from the shadows! Maybe assassinating an enemy like that while in Werewolf form could refill the transformation timer — kind of like how Vampire feeding restores your Health to full — so it's easier to complete the entire mission in Werewolf form?
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to dye hair and body/face markings.
  • ChaoticWings3
    ChaoticWings3
    ✭✭✭
    Stackable treasure maps. We have stackable siege and surveys I don't see why treasure maps could not be stackable.
  • autocookies
    autocookies
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to be able to gain ultimate while in werewolf form. Being able to use ultimate as a wolf would be nice too but even if we can't, at least being able to re-morph back into form if we changed zones, got pulled into queue, or if the group took too long to open a chest would be nice. Please consider letting werewolves generate ult while in form! <3

Also having a stam heal option or a dot heal some even if added to Hircine's Bounty would also be a big lifesaver I feel.
    Edited by autocookies on 28 August 2024 20:54
    PC NA (Tank/DPS) - [PVE]
    Started ESO - Oct 2020

Necro Main
    Tank main from 300cp - 1200cp at which point I switched to DPS - I am 100k+ on every class except werewolf.

[My toons]
    Note: Armory slots are separated by "|" below.
    • (Libitina Khalida) Dark Elf Necromancer: Vampire Off Tank | Werewolf EC DPS
    • (Fresh Gator Meat) Argonian Dragonknight: Vampire Main Tank | Werewolf ZK DPS
    • (Electro-Meowster) Khajiit Sorcerer: Vampire HA Solo | Werewolf MK DPS
    • (Affah Beta Gamma) Breton Templar: Vampire SPC/PA Healer | Werewolf Mag DPS.
    • (Arctic Mist) Dark Elf Warden: Vampire ROJO Healer | Werewolf Dungeon Tank
    • (autocookies) Imperial Arcanist: Vampire Stam DPS | Werewolf Dungeon Tank
    • (Blood of Death) Dark Elf Nightblade: Vampire EMPTY | Werewolf EMPTY
    • (Aeriegil Forestbranch) Wood Elf Warden: Werewolf PVP | Werewolf EMPTY
    Thank you,
    Autocookies
  • ChaoticWings3
    ChaoticWings3
    ✭✭✭
    A checklist for recipes, blueprints, and other furnishings. I can keep track of motif pages I have collected thanks to the lore library but I have no idea what recipes I'm missing outside of external checklists and a very annoying process of checking off ones that are in my character's possession. Maybe having a full list with a preview of recipe is like a food recipe showcasing the effects and being able to preview the furniture while also having a in game way of knowing whether my character can make that recipe. I think there are thousands of recipes now so I think this would be good.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    QoL requests:
    -Multi survey collecting.
    -Master crafting stations across the road of the master writ turn-in in grahtwood. With all the set crafting stations we have unlocked in our house added to it. (huge QoL for non-add-on users like me, no longer porting back and forth a gazillion times)
    -Master writ bag!
    -Armory gearbag.
    -Triple companion builds, so we can easily switch them between three different set-ups/roles.
    -Accountwide scripts: or multiple/more drop sources for scripts(hate dailies).
    -Bigger inventory(atleast 500 slots).
    -"Only show unknown/not learned." in guildtraders.

PS: My reply taken from another QoL thread.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My number one wish for a quality of life improvement has been the same for years by now:

- Harvest an entire stack of surveys when interacting with a survey location. Just multiply our yield by the number of surveys
    the character is carrying.

Other improvements I would like to see (without having to rely on addons, since that excludes all non-PC players and always brings the risk of addons breaking with a new patch):

- Instant visibility if a recipe, motif, script etc. can be learned by a character (without having to right click)
    - Related to this: Let us filter to display only unlearned recipes, motifs etc. in guild traders
    - Let us sort our inventory also by set (an addon for this exists and I was recently reminded how useful it is when it stopped working)
    - Make treasure maps non-unique (they absolutely aren't!) and stackable
    - Add surveys and master writs to the crafting bag
    - Curate all gear drops, regardless of source
    - Remove gear used in armory builds from the inventory and make it part of the armory build instead
    - Make more parts of the green champion point tree passive, especially the crafting-related ones
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    as far as im aware, daily/repeatable quests are already identified with a blue quest marker lol

story quests are identified by a fancier black quest marker, any other quest is denoted by a standard black quest marker

even the journal i think already has symbols next to quests for story related quests, though im not sure about the dailies

I know, but I want a different color for other questlines, so I know not to take them. The blue dailys, I see, but there are some quests like For Glory! or Trial quests out there that I accidentally take because it look like just a regular quest for a particular area. I want those to be a different color or look to them so we know what they are. I do just abandon them, but thought it would be helpful to just not take it.

Regardless, so many QoL wishes we want!
    Totally agree on the stackable maps, etc. So little inventory space for me. Hair dying, etc.

And a dang mini map for console! lol
    Xbox X- NA
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Treasure map dig spots glow like chests and antiquity dig spots. Make it a scrying/excavation passive even.

I love treasure maps! If you're on PS/NA and sell maps at a trader, I've probably bought them before. However, I am legally blind (for reference, I'm 40 years old and have never been able to drive), and some map spots are extremely difficult for me to see.

Just a suggestion :)
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    check my signature
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    Drammanoth wrote: »
    check my signature

I had to turn on "desktop mode" (I'm on my phone) to see it. Apparently signatures don't display on mobile?

Good signature! Lots of great ideas!