Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The nerf to Undeath has dramatically improved time-to-kill in PVP

• Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @huskandhunger wait another 10 years for that one xD
    Heals for days
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That reminds me; I noticed last night on my sorc I saw ROA so I went to streak away. I was looking for it but could not see the chain and I got slowww pulled right into a VD explosion. By slow, I mean it took a couple seconds for my character to get there as I hopelessly tried to break free or do anything.
    Yeah if the server registers RoA hitting you before you press a movement button, but thanks to lag you're allowed to move anyway... weird things happen. It also double pulls you, if you counter the first RoA pull attempt, then you're good right? Nope, no immunity, the game allows bad groups to immediately pull that crap again. Pure carry.

So that is what is happening. It is miserable.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    @huskandhunger wait another 10 years for that one xD

So true, very undemure , unmindful

we can still dream
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next let's nerf Cloak
    Nah no need to nerf it. Instead, we can balance the meta by giving Templars a clone called Light Cloak.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Torc with undeath is better than the old undeath passive as you get 15% dmg reduction all the time.

My NB has enough flex spots for major protection on both bars. Salad Days for me. My targets got nerfed, and I still get to run a class cannon gank build.
  • Ren_TheRedFox
    Ren_TheRedFox
    ✭✭✭
    @huskandhunger buffing nbs and sorcs .... not so mindful, not so demure ... buffing plars and wardens ... very mindful, very demure xD
    Heals for days
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That reminds me; I noticed last night on my sorc I saw ROA so I went to streak away. I was looking for it but could not see the chain and I got slowww pulled right into a VD explosion. By slow, I mean it took a couple seconds for my character to get there as I hopelessly tried to break free or do anything.
    Yeah if the server registers RoA hitting you before you press a movement button, but thanks to lag you're allowed to move anyway... weird things happen. It also double pulls you, if you counter the first RoA pull attempt, then you're good right? Nope, no immunity, the game allows bad groups to immediately pull that crap again. Pure carry.

This never occurred to me. So if 4 players in the ball have RoA, they can pull you four times in a row? Maybe this explains some of the insane unmarked pulls I've been subject to
    Edited by Theignson on 23 August 2024 15:00
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

This never occurred to me. So if 4 players in the ball have RoA, they can pull you four times in a row? Maybe this explains some of the insane unmarked pulls I've been subject to

Yeah it does not grant CC immunity while being a mass pull. If they went and put that on DK chains or silver leash, single target; people would lose their minds. Put it on mass AOE to bomb groups and its "oh well, don't zerg"
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on 23 August 2024 19:25
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next go after class balance!

1. Nightblade's (Literally the king of PVP)
    2. Sorc's
    3. Average skilled Night blades and Sorcss
    4. Every other class is highly debatable but none of them can properly reset a fight! Everyone other class has to use structure or run in a ball groups.

All sets that pull need to go in PVP. In high lag they do not work properly and pull people outside the range intended. These sets are a straight up buff to Ball groups, who need no buffs due to broken heal mechanics.

Next is speed! Speed is so bad atm that no one even uses gap closers! Celerity needs to be halved in the CP tree. Major EX needs to be adjusted to 15% and minor 8% ... Swift needs to go to 4% .... Currently sprinting gives no benefit half the time!

Healing in PVP should be caped at no more then 2 hots on a person per ability.

Players resource management is out of control regen rates are insane currently players need to be able to run out of resources!

Weapon damage and Stats should have a combination effect for damage. High stats no Weapon damage should be nerfed same for the opposite. This would reward the risk and nerf the safety of the 40k + Weapon damage stacking tanks.

Ranged damage vs Melee damage currently this out of wack! How long are we going to keep Elemental SUS a thing? This one ability is insane it costs nothing!!!!! Right now ranged damage with status effects is just to good for Melee to compete! Therefore PVP is more like a first person shooter at times.

Cyrodiil clean up! There is no reason for boxes to exist in keeps. People just stand behind them even though you can clearly see them you cant hit them!

Reduce the overall size of Cyrodiil by 25% (Bridges, and Gates should be able to claim.) Towns need to have more of an impact on the Zone maybe increase guard health at all keeps own by your alliance.

Cyrodiil quests should give more AP then they do.

Edited by Durham on 24 August 2024 13:03
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next let's nerf Cloak
    Nah no need to nerf it. Instead, we can balance the meta by giving Templars a clone called Light Cloak.

Cloak does not need a nerf. The ability to vanish is a significant signature Night Blade staple for a lot of builds and part of it's class identity.

By that same token, other classes do not need a cloak ability since they aren't designed or balanced around it.

Sometimes I come across certain posts and suggestions where I am actually glad that a lot of feedback from the PVP forums is not taken seriously given the poor quality.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I come across certain posts and suggestions where I am actually glad that a lot of feedback from the PVP forums is not taken seriously given the poor quality.
    Good thing we players aren't game devs then. The most useful thing we can do is point out problems (pain points as devs say) so that their forum feedback system can hand those problems to professional game devs to solve. Devs aren't going to take player redesigns seriously (or even read them), arguing over player suggestions is futile.

There's also the part where a lot of memes and satire just go right over people's heads...
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I really don't notice much difference. These days, most people are in small groups with insane healing. Those tower *** types don't seem much different.

I run ~10 characters through PvP each month, and about half of them were never Vamps. This put me at a disadvantage, but I just didn't feel like making some of my characters Vamps, eg my templar and my original DK. My Mag Sorc also was not a vamp.

So now the characters that are Vamps have "only" 15%, but that is as much as minor + major protection, probably still good. My other characters are now at a little bit less disadvantage.