Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The nerf to Undeath has dramatically improved time-to-kill in PVP

taugrim
taugrim
✭✭✭✭✭
Thank goodness this passive was finally toned down. This was literally the one change I've wanted ZoS to make for years.

Even at 15% it's still really strong, just not faceroll stupid strong.
PC | NA | CP 2.3k
  • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
  • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
  • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE IT. Best update in years. Thanks ZOS for listening.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Great change!
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've always suspected. Can't wait to witness it myself.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a very noticeable difference, especially in regards to low HP targets surviving when they absolutely should not. Wonderful change and far overdue.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 50-60k hp troll healers are now killable when you have 2 or 3 players with decent damage. Huge change.
    PC NA
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It kind of reminded me of no-cp before they made it no proc (which I guess now it is back) as far as TTK. Still can see players bounce back to full from very low health but its a lot more risk to get that low
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another thing I am liking is I'm now seeing the pull from RoA. Other direction in TTK I guess but also good. Don't think there was anything in patch notes but I somehow saw it and never could before
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on 21 August 2024 03:59
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bomb build paradise.

Ranged proc/gank build paradise.

Too easy, too be honest.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Too easy, too be honest.
    Players will adapt. Unlike the warped vamp 3 meta, there's room for tanky, balanced, and glass builds now.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bomb build paradise.

Too easy, too be honest.

Vamp undeath rarely helped against bombs or even proc ganks for that matter. Most of these builds are meant to take you out in 1 go, not have a drawn out fight and undeath only kicks in once you're getting pressured but if you're taken out in 1 go before it can even kick in, it doesn't really matter if you're vamp stage 3.

All it really does is prevent the death of people who otherwise would've died to slowburn builds
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • sbam66
    sbam66
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t wait for it to go live on console. I don’t use vamp on anything & I know most people do. Probably won’t need to build a balorgh to kill a tanky warden anymore
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I am liking is I'm now seeing the pull from RoA. Other direction in TTK I guess but also good. Don't think there was anything in patch notes but I somehow saw it and never could before

Is this verified?? If so would be fantastic-- I didnt notice last night. ROA == killing PvP
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be why all factions were 2 bars on GH last couple nights?? Or are they all grinding to get some new "must have" set?

• TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Theignson wrote: »

Is this verified?? If so would be fantastic-- I didnt notice last night. ROA == killing PvP

Not verified. Someone said they added a second delay but I think that was last patch. I'll be paying attention more tonight to see if it continues. I was ungrouped last night just running to fights to test some things, so maybe it's from less particles but there were plenty people around at a couple of times
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This was already happening last patch. Rush shows a red/orange chain animation when you get pulled. They added the animation when they added the delay in U42.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 21 August 2024 18:26
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This was already happening last patch. Rush shows a red/orange chain animation when you get pulled. They added the animation when they added the delay in U42.

I had not seen it until last night. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a visual bug I'm just missing
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I had not seen it until last night. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a visual bug I'm just missing

I've been seeing it since they added it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could be that it's somehow getting turned off by the "hide additional ally effects" option or some other graphical option for some reason, though it shouldn't be.
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be that it's somehow getting turned off by the "hide additional ally effects" option or some other graphical option for some reason, though it shouldn't be.

But shouldn't it show up as an enemy effect, not ally?

I've never seen or heard any signs of RoA pull. Like Dark Convergence there should be some sort of 12m diameter circle. When I see this from DC I just block. But I never see anything with RoA, I just get pulled suddenly ridiculously long distances. If there was a warning visual I would much happier about this set
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But shouldn't it show up as an enemy effect, not ally?

I've never seen or heard any signs of RoA pull. Like Dark Convergence there should be some sort of 12m diameter circle. When I see this from DC I just block. But I never see anything with RoA, I just get pulled suddenly ridiculously long distances. If there was a warning visual I would much happier about this set

The ROA pull is super obvious after they added the delay. You just need to look for it.
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This change was made pre-U43. I agree it was a good change, and I say that as a player who runs RoA on my Stamplar.

No telegraphs is poor design.

That's the reason why the Warden charm on scribing is problematic.
    Too easy, too be honest.
    Players will adapt. Unlike the warped vamp 3 meta, there's room for tanky, balanced, and glass builds now.

^ Exactly.

There are actual trade-off decisions to make now. Pre U43 it was too easy to survive on either extreme (glass cannon or tank).

Now, glass cannons face higher risk, and tanks can get burned down. As it should be.

Game feels so much better now.
    Edited by taugrim on 22 August 2024 01:23
    PC | NA | CP 2.3k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Bomb build paradise.

Too easy, too be honest.

Vamp undeath rarely helped against bombs or even proc ganks for that matter. Most of these builds are meant to take you out in 1 go, not have a drawn out fight and undeath only kicks in once you're getting pressured but if you're taken out in 1 go before it can even kick in, it doesn't really matter if you're vamp stage 3.

All it really does is prevent the death of people who otherwise would've died to slowburn builds

Maybe, maybe not. There are more weak links to start the bomb chain reaction now.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah! I can be ganked quicker!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ROA pull is super obvious after they added the delay. You just need to look for it.
    If you still need to look for it, then it's not "super obvious" like Dark Con, or even like how the whole 3k damage from that Arc synergy attack makes a three second long gigantic red circle that takes up your entire screen. If anything in this PvP deserves an absurdly large slow telegraph that even a full potato can avoid, it's Rush of Agony.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That reminds me; I noticed last night on my sorc I saw ROA so I went to streak away. I was looking for it but could not see the chain and I got slowww pulled right into a VD explosion. By slow, I mean it took a couple seconds for my character to get there as I hopelessly tried to break free or do anything. It was already determined I was going there and probably dead as well and just didn't know it

I think it has a lot to do with position desync and I convinced streak and gap closers are key contributors.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That reminds me; I noticed last night on my sorc I saw ROA so I went to streak away. I was looking for it but could not see the chain and I got slowww pulled right into a VD explosion. By slow, I mean it took a couple seconds for my character to get there as I hopelessly tried to break free or do anything.
    Yeah if the server registers RoA hitting you before you press a movement button, but thanks to lag you're allowed to move anyway... weird things happen. It also double pulls you, if you counter the first RoA pull attempt, then you're good right? Nope, no immunity, the game allows bad groups to immediately pull that crap again. Pure carry.

Same deal with the Tarnished gankers, if you screw up your gank, you shouldn't be allowed to immediately try again 8 seconds later, you should have to wait a good 30 seconds like every fair gank build in the history of the game. Nothing makes me wanna flip my desk like killing a Tarnished ganker, then 8 seconds later the same guy got rezzed up and is immediately chunking half my hp from invisible safety yet again. Literal one shot builds feel more fair just due to frequency.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That reminds me; I noticed last night on my sorc I saw ROA so I went to streak away. I was looking for it but could not see the chain and I got slowww pulled right into a VD explosion. By slow, I mean it took a couple seconds for my character to get there as I hopelessly tried to break free or do anything. It was already determined I was going there and probably dead as well and just didn't know it

I think it has a lot to do with position desync and I convinced streak and gap closers are key contributors.

You sure that you weren't near a guard?

The Dragonknight guards still use an ancient and deprecated version of DK Chains that are bugged and will slow-mo pull you to them over the course of like 3 seconds. IMO, it's the most dangerous skill in the game because you are 100% dead if it happens while actively fighting someone. You can't make casts, Block or move so it's basically a guaranteed death to get parsed on for 3 seconds straight.
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Dragonknight guards still use an ancient and deprecated version of DK Chains that are bugged and will slow-mo pull you to them over the course of like 3 seconds. IMO, it's the most dangerous skill in the game because you are 100% dead if it happens while actively fighting someone. You can't make casts, Block or move so it's basically a guaranteed death to get parsed on for 3 seconds straight.

It was pretty easy to know what it was by the stack of players in the center.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nope, there are definitely cases that can bug out Rush of Agony and cause this kind of uncounterable slowmo pull. Using movement abilities to try to get away is one of those cases. It doesn't happen every time but it absolutely does happen. It is the same bug as the guard chains though, it behaves in the exact same way.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 22 August 2024 19:30
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torc with undeath is better than the old undeath passive as you get 15% dmg reduction all the time.
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next let's nerf Cloak, Hybridized Healing, and Cross Healing ✨😁