Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Archive U43 is amazing!

Kisakee
Kisakee
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

you did it. You added tons of new stuff to IA and we tested it out. Due to time restrictions we only finished arc 4 but boy, what a fun ride it was! You absolutely lowballed and undersold the new updates, they are way too much fun!

I'm sad i had to cancel the run just to go to bed, IA is finally what it should have been from the beginning. So thank you, you nailed it!
Edited by Kisakee on 19 August 2024 20:35
I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had to see the improvements myself, and totally loved it! Finished arc 3 and called it quits. But I agree, the improvements are amazing. Have not seen the new marauders, and have not experienced the fire arena yet.

The ice arenas are huge and very cool(pun intended), maybe too huge even. The new avatar, and the build-up to it... I LOVE THAT ONE! Had it completed in arc 1, and loved placing armies of skeletons all over. The new quest is pretty straightforward, and the new verses and visions are really cool!(haven't seen them all yet, missing like 4 or 5)

Some of the new combo's between visions and verses are just amazing! This IA update made the IA feel totally different, but very fun!

PS: Haven't unlocked the new upgrade yet.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Waiting another 2 weeks :( *
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just as a question, and I haven't gotten into game yet, but as someone who can't get past arc 1 (I once managed to defeat Tho'at, but not again), can these things be seen before that, or do I have to go into arc 2+ to see them?

I was excited about the new areas (one of my biggest issues with doing the IA is how boring the levels were after seeing them a few dozen times), but somehow I get the feeling I am not going to be seeing them any time soon, if at all.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a question, and I haven't gotten into game yet, but as someone who can't get past arc 1 (I once managed to defeat Tho'at, but not again), can these things be seen before that, or do I have to go into arc 2+ to see them?

I was excited about the new areas (one of my biggest issues with doing the IA is how boring the levels were after seeing them a few dozen times), but somehow I get the feeling I am not going to be seeing them any time soon, if at all.

The new quest requires you to kill 10 Fabled. They tend to show up from stage 2-3 onwards in arc 1 so you can complete this in one day if you run it multiple times.
    The new arenas are completely random so you might see them in arc 1, otherwise you'll have to wait (I saw both in arc 3 and 4 but it is random).
    The new visions and verses should be available from the end of the first round and can be fun, particularly the potion miniaturization one.
    Lastly, I would recommend having a look at some of the guides out there for higher arc builds. After switching from a light armour damage build to a heavy armour tank build I was able to go from struggling through arc 1-2 to easily reaching arc 4-5 with no deaths. It is after all, all about time rather than damage so expect to spend 3-4 hours in there just to reach arc 4-5 if solo.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junipus wrote: »

The new quest requires you to kill 10 Fabled. They tend to show up from stage 2-3 onwards in arc 1 so you can complete this in one day if you run it multiple times.
    The new arenas are completely random so you might see them in arc 1, otherwise you'll have to wait (I saw both in arc 3 and 4 but it is random).
    The new visions and verses should be available from the end of the first round and can be fun, particularly the potion miniaturization one.
    Lastly, I would recommend having a look at some of the guides out there for higher arc builds. After switching from a light armour damage build to a heavy armour tank build I was able to go from struggling through arc 1-2 to easily reaching arc 4-5 with no deaths. It is after all, all about time rather than damage so expect to spend 3-4 hours in there just to reach arc 4-5 if solo.

What is the reward for killing 10 fabled?
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are two versions of the new quest, and the other is to kill a marauder, which don't spawn until Arc 2.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing them.

One of the issues I have with the archive is I just get bored running it and wander off after so many rounds. I mainly just want to be able to kill Tho'at reliably, I don't really need to reach the higher arcs, especially because of the time investment.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »

*cries in console*
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

*cries in console*

Luckily the other games I play dont treat their console players like this on the market
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having lots of fun with the new stuff. I was always hoping that IA could get more things added over time.

But the one change that I noticed that didn't make it into the patch notes: Thank you for rerecording Eru's cavalry line. It seems all of the Filers got a few new lines, but every time Eru said "The calvary has arrived!" it just set me so on edge.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭

I di this on a sorc and got a non-weapon/jewel set item for another class, which surprised me (but as the sorc set is trash, I was happy with this)
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did a run and got one of the new stages and I think a couple of the new verses.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »

I di this on a sorc and got a non-weapon/jewel set item for another class, which surprised me (but as the sorc set is trash, I was happy with this)

My reward was a mystery verse that will turn me into a random avatar without the need for other verses/visions. Do we all get that and some other item? It seems like there was something else, but I don’t remember what it was.
    Edited by Elvenheart on 20 August 2024 01:17
  • Grec1a
    Grec1a
    ✭✭✭
    After months of blood, sweat, tears and failed attempts I eventually managed to complete the daily quest 47 times. Thanks to Xynode's IA mechanics guide, I'd managed to defeat nearly all the Arc 1 bosses at least once. Imagine my disappointment today when - with just 3 fragments to go to get the mount - I found they'd made IA harder, with new bosses that weren't in the guide.

To my huge relief, my second run was 100% 'old' content, but who knows when I'll be able to get those last two fragments? "More difficulty" may equal "more fun" for some players, but not all of us...
    It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something...
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since I was personally disappointed with the Housing update (but happy for those that will benefit from it), in the livestream I was pleasantly surprised by the updates to IA, and my run today to the end of arc 2 was very fun and did not disappoint. I wish I had had time to go further! The new areas, bosses, enemies, and verses/visions I got to experience so far breathed some new life into the IA for me. Each week i’ve been buying books for my library from the vendor and my fortunes were starting to run low, so it’s good to have another reason to start running the IA regularly again! 🧙‍♀️
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grec1a wrote: »
    After months of blood, sweat, tears and failed attempts I eventually managed to complete the daily quest 47 times. Thanks to Xynode's IA mechanics guide, I'd managed to defeat nearly all the Arc 1 bosses at least once. Imagine my disappointment today when - with just 3 fragments to go to get the mount - I found they'd made IA harder, with new bosses that weren't in the guide.

To my huge relief, my second run was 100% 'old' content, but who knows when I'll be able to get those last two fragments? "More difficulty" may equal "more fun" for some players, but not all of us...

Maybe I should read the actual patch notes...

I had thought I had run into some bosses I hadn't recognized (Old Ruins? or something like that), but wasn't sure.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had thought I had run into some bosses I hadn't recognized (Old Ruins? or something like that), but wasn't sure.

If you're talking about the stone atronach, that's a boss from the dungeon Moongrave Fane (also similar to a boss in the Atherian Archive trial, and tbh, the mechanics in the IA fight reminded me more of the AA boss than the MGF boss).
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 2 arcs today and really liked the new verses/visions and fire/ice arenas. That miniaturization verse is a funny one.
    Is the new quest random? I see that someone got "kill 10 fabled", but I got "kill 1 marauder" (got random avatar verse as a reward).
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 2 arcs today and really loved all the new things that were added! I hadn't been running it much lately but these additions really piqued my interest again!

I got the "Kill 10 Fabled" quest.
    Edited by SilverBride on 20 August 2024 20:32
    PCNA
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »

I don't think quest rewards have ever been curated in any content. Only boss loot is curated.
  • JemadarofCaerSalis
    JemadarofCaerSalis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

If you're talking about the stone atronach, that's a boss from the dungeon Moongrave Fane (also similar to a boss in the Atherian Archive trial, and tbh, the mechanics in the IA fight reminded me more of the AA boss than the MGF boss).

I don't know whether it was a stone atronach or not. It looked like some standing stones came to life and attacked me.

I just looked it up, and yeah it was the Risen Ruins, not old, and that was it. It was so big in the arena I couldn't even see that it had a face once it started attacking me. It was actually fairly simple to defeat, once I got over how large it was.

I had more trouble with one of the bosses who kept spawning untargetable red globes that spewed lines of fire that kept tracking me. I managed to defeat him (but was killed once, thankfully I had taken the rebirth verse previously), but he was a pain.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the Risen Ruins, too. It was pretty intimidating at first but not that hard to kill. I didn't know it had a face!
    PCNA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to thank you for the new content in IA, I was pleasantly surprised! Especially since the much-hyped housing feature was a complete disappointment for me as a housing fan.
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I did a test run yesterday with a friend and it was probably the worst run we've ever had. We got the werewolf marauder to spawn on the early stages of arc 2 and as soon as it did, the whole arena got covered in some black fog that made it impossible to see what I was doing. On top of that, my friend had the rebirth verse but it didn't revive her when it was supposed to, so we lost that one. I completely forgot that they'd added the icy water mechanic from vma so that was another nasty surprise. I was under the impression that the regular trash mobs' health scaled up faster than it used to, but that might have been because I was experimenting with incorporating scribing skills into my build. At least the new aedric lancer set seems decent, and I hope it will be because I'm rather tired of grinding for the new stuff only to have it be worse than what I already had.
    PC EU
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Updates to the IA arenas and verses are very fun. There is a verse that when you drink a potion, elixirs will spawn on the ground that make enemies smaller, which is very funny. I got it before fighting Tho'at and I must say that small Tho'at is the best Tho'at :D
  • alpha_synuclein
    alpha_synuclein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of really fun additions in this housing update ;)

We have seen both new arenas quite often. Seen only one of the new marauders, the wherewolf. Fun to fight, even if not much difficult. Props for the MoS like effects, we were looking for those traps for a good while :)

New enemies present nice challenge on later stages, fighting brewmaster and lightbringers together was very engaging, especially with meteors spawning somewhere on the side.

New verses and visions add interest as well. Visual favourite will be Phalang. Fun favourite - the elixirs. Shrinking bossess felt like it might not be intended, but if it is - thank you!
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amig186 wrote: »
    Interesting, I did a test run yesterday with a friend and it was probably the worst run we've ever had. We got the werewolf marauder to spawn on the early stages of arc 2 and as soon as it did, the whole arena got covered in some black fog that made it impossible to see what I was doing. On top of that, my friend had the rebirth verse but it didn't revive her when it was supposed to, so we lost that one.

So the Balorgh hunt mechanic?
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC it's a random mystery transformation verse and 500 IA coins (probably 550 with ESO+). This is probably the same with killing the marauders.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • amig186
    amig186
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Interesting, I did a test run yesterday with a friend and it was probably the worst run we've ever had. We got the werewolf marauder to spawn on the early stages of arc 2 and as soon as it did, the whole arena got covered in some black fog that made it impossible to see what I was doing. On top of that, my friend had the rebirth verse but it didn't revive her when it was supposed to, so we lost that one.

I haven't done mos in a while, but iirc that mechanic involved him turning invulnerable and having to lure him onto a circle. There didn't seem to be any of that with the marauder, just the vision impairing fog.
    PC EU
  • Kisakee
    Kisakee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »

I haven't done mos in a while, but iirc that mechanic involved him turning invulnerable and having to lure him onto a circle. There didn't seem to be any of that with the marauder, just the vision impairing fog.

Yes, we had the same marauder. It wasn't much of a problem to kill but not seeing other enemies is both exciting and dangerous at the same time. 😄
    I'm but a sarcastic beef jerky. Irony and cynicism are my parents. You've been warned.