Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

class advice

melimoo22
melimoo22
Hi I was just wondering what everyone thinks about this I have a level 8 high elf sorcerer but iv really messed up skill points so should I re make my char or continue or make a diff class
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    continue, you can respec your skill points later, consider it a learning experience :)
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • melimoo22
    melimoo22
    But doesnt it cost tonnes and if I dont respec will I have enough points to put where I want to theres bout 3 iv done wrong
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get plenty. Go to esohead.com and do some calculations if you want. I ended up with everything I could want on one character around 150 points. Which shouldn't be hard to get max level (considering over 300 total).
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even sweat it.

If you want, you can check out my write up on figuring out what you want to do with your character and don't really know.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/63690/the-new-character-what-skill-to-take-guide/p1
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    I've not respected by I read somewhere it costs 100g to buy back a skill point. I don't believe it's a total respect, just buying back individual skill points as you used them. I've seen icons for rededication shrines which I assume is where you do that though I've not actually seen the shrines so I'm not sure.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    melimoo22 wrote: »
    Hi I was just wondering what everyone thinks about this I have a level 8 high elf sorcerer but iv really messed up skill points so should I re make my char or continue or make a diff class
    You'll be able to respec as early as level 15 I think. So I would keep your character.

The only reason to switch is if there is another class that has class-specific skills you want more than Sorcerer skills. Class does not mean as much in this game as in other MMOs. Class-specific skills are a tiny fraction of all the other skills, and all the other skills are available to everyone.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    I've not respected by I read somewhere it costs 100g to buy back a skill point.
    100g means a lot less at level 15 than it does at level 8. Because you can craft so much stuff in this game, gold is far less critical.
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    Well, that turned out to be the shrine of mara, more the dedication shrine so I'm not sure where you buy back skill points at.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • LilBudyWizerub17_ESO
    I guess I should researched then replied, it's seems it isn't one skill point at a time, but all the skill points at once for 100g/point. Since there's like 320 points possible that's up to 32K, less than a horse. So expensive for giggles and grins, but reasonable for let's try this again given what we know now. You have to get to the second non-starter zone so about level 15 or so. Exploring the first zone the highest creatures I've seen are 14. An 8 seems to be able kill them too, just beware the named creatures, they're deadly and have no silver border.
    My Guild - Anvil
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    I have restarted around 8 times now lol. I just cannot make up my mind, finally have now though and I am a high lvl 6 now :)
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • outlanderbz
    Mortelus wrote: »
    I have restarted around 8 times now lol. I just cannot make up my mind, finally have now though and I am a high lvl 6 now :)

what did you end up going with?
  • melimoo22
    melimoo22
    so what do you think i should do? keep playing?
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Mortelus wrote: »

what did you end up going with?

I am trying to make a sneaky 2h wielding NB barbarian, medium armour. I am having a blast, (but only lvl 6). From the class skills, I am currently only using shadow cloak morphed to increase crit.
    All my other skill points have gone into medium armour and 2h weapons and Blacksmithing.

It is so much fun, I can disappear smash, disappear smash. most mobs never touch my health, the more difficult ones do but, if I get into trouble I hit shadow cloak and run (or smash some more) :)

It is a blast and pretty easy in PvE, however, I am yet to try PvP and probably die a lot in PvP (mostly due to my 200+ ping), but it's great fun in PVE.
    Edited by Mortelus on 4 April 2014 02:15
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?