Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vote For The Next Developer Deep Dive Topic

• ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone for voting and providing feedback here. Looks like the next Developer Deep Dive will be around Item Sets. When we have the Dev Deep Dive ready, we'll post a specific feedback thread for it. Thanks!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you peeps want to discuss PvP. They want to discuss things they can’t get away with. Not content where they will have to continually be on the defensive. 99% confident they will skirt around the real questions and talk about what hours into designing sets, inspirations, how they are trying to keep it fresh. Blah blah blah
    Crown Crates are a trap. Don't fall for the gamble! Balance? What Balance? Balance, smellance.
    Necro for them RP feels.
    Options
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    ProudMary wrote: »
    Hi All! We're planning out the next few Developer Deep Dives and we want you to choose which of the highlighted poll topics we tackle first. For those unfamiliar with the developer deep dives, it's a blog series where ESO Dev Team members discuss various elements of ESO game design in detail. Players get to learn about our development process and philosophy and our dev team gets to nerd out a bit.

For the next Developer Deep Dive, you get to vote on next blog focus out of the three topics below.
    • Item Sets
    • Delves and Public Dungeons
    • Stand-alone quests (non-zone story quests)
    We plan on covering all three, but the results of the poll will decide which topic you get to read about first. The poll is live now, and will be available until Friday, June 28 @10am ET. If the three topics mentioned are not of interest, let us know in the thread what topics you would like to see highlighted in a future Developer Deep Dive. Thanks all and happy voting!

Where is the PvP option?

Why isn't there a PvP option?

Is ZOS ever going to invest in PvP in the future?

Why has PvP been, as far as we can tell, not seen any priority what so ever in the last 5 years except to determine how low ZOS can get away with lowering population caps?

Does ZOS realize that Cyrodiil still exists and that many of it's customers log in primarily to PvP?

PvP is the true test of skill in ESO. Ignoring it won't make the issues magically go away.

These are the three options we currently have on the list. As noted before, if these three topics do not interest you, please offer suggestions for other Dev Deep Dives we can tackle later in the year.

As for PvP, we noted in January that we will have a PvP update in Q4 of this year. We still have Q3 content to get through before we start talking about Q4. So that will be later in the year.

Wow. I feel like management just told me to "talk to the hand". :(
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Item Sets
    Thanks everyone for voting and providing feedback here. Looks like the next Developer Deep Dive will be around Item Sets. When we have the Dev Deep Dive ready, we'll post a specific feedback thread for it. Thanks!

Cool, looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully the next round’s options are the priority topics requested here.
    Edited by Destai on 28 June 2024 17:57
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Destai wrote: »

Cool, looking forward to seeing it. Hopefully the next round’s options are the priority topics requested here.

For what it's worth, we have shared this with the team responsible for the Dev Deep Dives and asked them to thoroughly look through everything noted for future consideration. So even if requested topics are not immediately addressed, they have a better idea of what players want to read from this series. Just wanted to highlight that we made a note given the specifics of feedback here.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    Destai wrote: »

For what it's worth, we have shared this with the team responsible for the Dev Deep Dives and asked them to thoroughly look through everything noted for future consideration. So even if requested topics are not immediately addressed, they have a better idea of what players want to read from this series. Just wanted to highlight that we made a note given the specifics of feedback here.

Thank you for letting us know that you brought this to the attention of the Dev Deep Dives team!
    Edited by Erickson9610 on 28 June 2024 19:56
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Item Sets
    I’d love to see behind the scenes of how trials are made. I know they can’t give away new trial behind the scenes but idk, just how they even begin to work on a new one.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All! We're planning out the next few Developer Deep Dives and we want you to choose which of the highlighted poll topics we tackle first. For those unfamiliar with the developer deep dives, it's a blog series where ESO Dev Team members discuss various elements of ESO game design in detail. Players get to learn about our development process and philosophy and our dev team gets to nerd out a bit.

For the next Developer Deep Dive, you get to vote on next blog focus out of the three topics below.
    • Item Sets
    • Delves and Public Dungeons
    • Stand-alone quests (non-zone story quests)
    We plan on covering all three, but the results of the poll will decide which topic you get to read about first. The poll is live now, and will be available until Friday, June 28 @10am ET. If the three topics mentioned are not of interest, let us know in the thread what topics you would like to see highlighted in a future Developer Deep Dive. Thanks all and happy voting!

Sadly the poll does not include PvP and cyrodill. Why is that? Why is it a priority to discuss item sets, delves and public dungeons and other Pve elements, but not PvP? Why do the developers hate PvP so much?

Pardon me for my bad math, but 98% of content in this game is PvE related... 2% is PvP. Why is their such a massive shortage on PvP content in the elder scrolls online?

I don't know how many times us PvPers begged the developers to make some changes in the scoring... to stop a faction from exploiting the low scoring bonus system... to improve cyrodill.. or perhabs give us another campaign map to play on..

I do wish the developers would take at least a year or two to make PvP content for us.
    Options
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stand-alone quests (non-zone story quests)
    The side quests (or stand-alone quests) are my absolute favourite part of ESO!

I don't care about the topic of sets, because I'm not the tiniest bit interested in talk about combat balancing, and status effects this, and technical term that...

Delves and Public Dungeons can be nice locations, so hearing more about the location design could prove interesting, but for that I'd prefer a "zone locations design" topic in general.
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    I'd like to see a discussion about RNG in the game. I'm not talking about the technical details going into calculating RNG. Rather, I would like some insight into why some items have drops which are as plentiful as grains of sands in the Alik'r (equipment repair kits in the purple Zenithar reward boxes) while others are as rare as a decades-long reign of an emperor in Cyrodiil (luminous ink).
    Options
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the update get buried somewhere on the forum? Or, was it never put out?
    The follow up to that was a few comments down on the page. Linked here. But that was also related to the stress test run at the end of Q4 2023. Not part of the announcement of PvP content coming in Q4 2024.

But like we said earlier to address the original comment, we will have news on our PvP update later in the year and we look forward to your feedback regarding that. Not trying to derail the core purpose of this thread, which is the Dev Deep Dive series.

That wasn't an update of results, it was a thank you for being our QA team.
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my feedback regarding about item sets.. I've recently created a thread about adding perfected gear in veteran trial treasure chests... as of right now their only dropping purple quality non perfected gear.. I guess I can be thankful for it because during my gear farm.. I've managed to fill up my non perfect gear stickerbook... However.. I do feel that the chests should be dropping perfected gear since were doing vet. I don't mind some of the grinding, but this is a terrible grind... having to do this trial over 30 times to get a chance to obtain a weapon that you want..

The more sets that you guys put into this game... The more grinding that you are turning this game into. This can turn away people from playing the game due to grind burn out. I can relate to this because I'm almost burnt out on farming vLC because I still need the Perfected Lucent Echoes sheild and ice staff. There is no reason to lock weapon drops behind the last boss.

Please stop adding new sets to the game. Its bad enough that you guys added the pefected version into the game. As it is.. theirs already 9,551 sets in the game as we speak... Most of them are completetly obsolete. Please rework the current sets so that they can be useful.
    Options
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about an actual list of sets that work in No-proc Ravenswatch?
    PCNA
    PCEU
    Options
  • RaikaNA
    RaikaNA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    How about an actual list of sets that work in No-proc Ravenswatch?

I've been asking for the updated list for years.
    Options
  • LaintalAy
    LaintalAy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delves and Public Dungeons
    ProudMary wrote: »
    Wow. I feel like management just told me to "talk to the hand". :(

(context is lost)

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by LaintalAy on 1 July 2024 13:20
    PC EU
    UTC+10:00
    Tin-can-and-string internet

Ald Chimeris
    Options
  • Modzcs
    Modzcs
    ✭✭
    Qagh wrote: »
    More for PvP (Cyrodiil)

We have enough sets, dungeons and quests.

Options
  • Karma2Burn
    Karma2Burn
    ✭✭✭
    Showing any love to PVP would be a good topic.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item Sets
    Karma2Burn wrote: »
    Showing any love to PVP would be a good topic.

But it wasn't even on their "Deep Dive" list. That should tell you where the focus is, and is not.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • GuuMoonRyoung
    GuuMoonRyoung
    ✭✭✭
    Stand-alone quests (non-zone story quests)
    Any news on solo dungeon story quest mode?
    Options