Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Dark Anchors now being an Account Wide Achievement has worsened the Fighters Guild grind for Alts

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I have done the Alik’r dolmen train, you get FG points for every daedra and undead killed. They are busy enough and spawn lots of enemies but it can get boring.

You can also try IC sewers. Lots of daedra there. I just did some loops around the first few rooms near the alliance base but it is slower.

I think also if you slot one of the FG skills it should also level up the whole skill line, correct? I never think of that because I’m always just using the trap.

Slotting FG skills doesn't boost the leveling like your class trees. You get flat amounts no matter what.

And not a single reply has commented on AWA taking away the first time clear bonus for Alts? I don't spend every waking hour playing. I've tried Skyreach, the Dolmen train, and progress slowed to a crawl after rank 5. I used to think just like everyone before this. All I had to do was clear Dolmens and id reach FG 10 somewhere in the Cadwells Gold zones.

That seems strange, slotting any other skill from a skill line will level up the whole skill line in addition to the skill itself. I think it works for Mages Guild skills.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several skill lines for which slotting a skill doesn't provide any benefit to leveling up that skill line.

For example, while vampirism behaves like the class, weapon and armor skill lines, lycanthropy is only leveled by kills done in werewolf form.

Soul Magic only progresses by doing the main quest. In a similar manner the Psijic Order requires doing the quest chain to unlock higher tier skills.

The Fighters Guild can be leveled by killing daedra and doing the daily anchor quest, just like the Mages Guild progresses by reading (certain) books and doing the daily public dungeon quest.

The Undaunted skill is advanced by doing the delve daily or pledges and dungeon or trial quests.

Once slotted, the skills themselves improve by gaining experience, but this doesn't do anything for the skill line.
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In Stonefalls just a little ways from Davon's Watch wayshrine there are ghosts that give fighters guild.
    Options
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, I've never really gone out grinding dolmen and all my alts are either at or close to Level 10 with Fighters Guild (got a Sorc who is Level 10 and hasn't even started the story missions). I do occasional guild dailies for a shot at adding to that Draugr motif with most alts, but mostly rely on "It's undead/deadra! Kill it!" and "never pass up a minor incursion" for the guild points. The minor incursions are the two-wave spawns with three trash in the first wave and a minor heavy or two in the second; they're worth about a dozen Fighters Guild points each and take about a minute to deal with. There's a spawn point right behind the Undaunted enclave in Wayrest, which almost everyone hanging out there seems to ignore, but they're all over in alliance zones.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done the Alik’r dolmen train, you get FG points for every daedra and undead killed. They are busy enough and spawn lots of enemies but it can get boring.

You can also try IC sewers. Lots of daedra there. I just did some loops around the first few rooms near the alliance base but it is slower.

I think also if you slot one of the FG skills it should also level up the whole skill line, correct? I never think of that because I’m always just using the trap.

Slotting FG skills doesn't boost the leveling like your class trees. You get flat amounts no matter what.

And not a single reply has commented on AWA taking away the first time clear bonus for Alts? I don't spend every waking hour playing. I've tried Skyreach, the Dolmen train, and progress slowed to a crawl after rank 5. I used to think just like everyone before this. All I had to do was clear Dolmens and id reach FG 10 somewhere in the Cadwells Gold zones.

That seems strange, slotting any other skill from a skill line will level up the whole skill line in addition to the skill itself. I think it works for Mages Guild skills.

Nope, that is incorrect. You level up the MG skill line by reading lore books. Slotting a MG skill only levels up the skill itself, same as FG skills.
    Edited by Aurielle on 19 May 2024 10:45
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Nope, that is incorrect. You level up the MG skill line by reading lore books. Slotting a MG skill only levels up the skill itself, same as FG skills.

Initially, yes. I am certain once I unlocked magelight I was then able to level up the skill line. I could be mistaken I guess.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There never was a Fighters Guild rank bonus for the first dolmen clear. You used to get 75 points total per character (out of 7,000 total needed for Rank 10) for the daily quest achievements, which requires doing 30 daily quests. Whereas we've always gotten 20 just for completing a dark anchor, in addition to what you get for the mobs and bosses you kill at each one.

They've made the Fighters Guild daily quests more rewarding, in addition to the dailies dropping the tradeable Fighters Guild Citation that increase your rank. (Which somewhat disincentivize buying the Crown rank boosts)

This is the easiest guild to rank up that has only gotten easier over time.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • SalamanNZ
    SalamanNZ
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but Mages guild and Psijic are worse than fighter's guild
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found Fighters Guild easy to level up: last year I was leveling up 7 alt chars, mostly by doing the Alik'r Desert dolmens, and by the time I'd leveled up the chars to 50, they had also almost leveled up Fighters Guild.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options