Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Dark Anchors now being an Account Wide Achievement has worsened the Fighters Guild grind for Alts

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
AWA may not be a recent Update anymore, but it was a realization I had just made this past week while I've been trying to set my Arcanist up as a Stamina build. I'd been trying to level her Fighters Guild cause I don't have the Crowns to just outright buy it, and it's taking an incredible amount of time. I'm halfway thru at Rank 5 and the fastest way to level it, which is Dolmens, only gives me a sliver of progress per closure. Not to mention I noticed every Dolmen this Character discovers is counted as already completed. She's not getting the first time clear bonus for any of them, because I already cleared them all on past Characters and the Achievement is now Account Wide. At this rate it's going to take me months of Dolmen grinding when I have the time, to get to level 10.

Was this intended? I have zero patience for Alts anymore so if this is permanent I'm pretty sure ZOS is gonna get my money to buy the skill line.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LyricsEcho
    LyricsEcho
    ✭✭✭
    Try sky reach, undead mobs on a beach, public dungeons, dungeons, imperial city?
    Options
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I have found the Fighter's Guild skill line to be one of the easiest to level up in the entire game.
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I have found the Fighter's Guild skill line to be one of the easiest to level up in the entire game.

That's the exact opposite for me ( not counting psijic because that's not tied to any kind of xp). It's always the very last skillline to hit rank 10 and that's with my daily dungeons and a good amount of sky reach runs and IC trolling.
    Options
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    If you spend any length of time leveling up skills on dark anchors, you will automatically cap your Fighters Guild Line, since Daedra give Fighter's guild xp.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have done the Alik’r dolmen train, you get FG points for every daedra and undead killed. They are busy enough and spawn lots of enemies but it can get boring.

You can also try IC sewers. Lots of daedra there. I just did some loops around the first few rooms near the alliance base but it is slower.

I think also if you slot one of the FG skills it should also level up the whole skill line, correct? I never think of that because I’m always just using the trap.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try public dungeons as well that have Daedra like the one in Shadowfen, the one in Rivenspire.

Also, going through Daedric zones like Coldharbour, Deadlands, Fargrave, and Apocrypha can help that along quick. Especially since some of these also have delves, public dungeons, world bosses and random enemies that all count. Deadlands even has the World Events, those portals, which is all Daedra.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I capped mine leveling skills at spellscar.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would recommend Lava Vents in Galen/High isle, they spawn a lot of fat mobs giving 5 points each, just make sure to drop aoe dot on every spawn point so you get credit for all of them.

Also I remember I was in vet Cauldron on fresh character and pugs tried pulling HM and we had a whole bunch of attempts and suddenly I'm level 10 in FG. But I was not paying attention and don't know how much I started with, can't remember how much time we spent there either, so can't say if it is really good or not, but might be worth a try. It spawns tons of adds.

Really depends on what character is doing. If it's for Cyro/BGs it might be stuck with low FG level for a long time.
    Options
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infinite Archive is also a good source for leveling the Fighter's Guild skill line. You'll encounter many enemy's that will advance the skill line when killing them.
    Options
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What? I have leveled Fighters Guild in two days (three days max), on several alts.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    there are so many sources that give Fighters Guild xp besides Dark Anchors
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires also count for FG experience. Going to Phaer on Auridon and running the delve near it usually gets me a couple of levels. Combo that with Tanzelwil and the Ghosts and hitting Soulfire Plateau for the WB's and skelly's and you get a decent chunk as well.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on 17 May 2024 10:20
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    What? I have leveled Fighters Guild in two days (three days max), on several alts.

I did it in one between spellscar and skyreach catacombs.
    Options
  • davidtk
    davidtk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Anchors, Harrowstorms, spellscar, skyreach, etc.
    TBH Fighters is (for me) one of the easiest skill lines to level.
    Really sorry for my english
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    AWA may not be a recent Update anymore, but it was a realization I had just made this past week while I've been trying to set my Arcanist up as a Stamina build. I'd been trying to level her Fighters Guild cause I don't have the Crowns to just outright buy it, and it's taking an incredible amount of time. I'm halfway thru at Rank 5 and the fastest way to level it, which is Dolmens, only gives me a sliver of progress per closure. Not to mention I noticed every Dolmen this Character discovers is counted as already completed. She's not getting the first time clear bonus for any of them, because I already cleared them all on past Characters and the Achievement is now Account Wide. At this rate it's going to take me months of Dolmen grinding when I have the time, to get to level 10.

Was this intended? I have zero patience for Alts anymore so if this is permanent I'm pretty sure ZOS is gonna get my money to buy the skill line.

I got Fighter's Guild leveled entirely on a clean alt doing dolmen/geyser grinding during the Jubilee event in less than 4 days, and that was not all of the time either. Where are you getting an estimate of months?

Each dolmen awards at least 35 FG points (20 for the anchor, 5 for the boss, 1 per daedra). You need 6960 FG points to get to 10, or about 200 dolmens. Running Allki'r Desert takes about 5 minutes per dolmen, or about 16 hours. That is much less time that you estimate that you require. You could get that done in a weekend if you wanted to, and had the free time. Even if you just did an hour a day you'd be done in just over two weeks.

Now, if you're not getting hits on the boss or killing daedra, it would naturally take longer. But unless you are doing some AFK thing, you should be fine, no?
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done the Alik’r dolmen train, you get FG points for every daedra and undead killed. They are busy enough and spawn lots of enemies but it can get boring.

You can also try IC sewers. Lots of daedra there. I just did some loops around the first few rooms near the alliance base but it is slower.

I think also if you slot one of the FG skills it should also level up the whole skill line, correct? I never think of that because I’m always just using the trap.

Slotting FG skills doesn't boost the leveling like your class trees. You get flat amounts no matter what.

And not a single reply has commented on AWA taking away the first time clear bonus for Alts? I don't spend every waking hour playing. I've tried Skyreach, the Dolmen train, and progress slowed to a crawl after rank 5. I used to think just like everyone before this. All I had to do was clear Dolmens and id reach FG 10 somewhere in the Cadwells Gold zones.
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And not a single reply has commented on AWA taking away the first time clear bonus for Alts? I don't spend every waking hour playing. I've tried Skyreach, the Dolmen train, and progress slowed to a crawl after rank 5. I used to think just like everyone before this. All I had to do was clear Dolmens and id reach FG 10 somewhere in the Cadwells Gold zones.

This is where the disconnect is occurring. When people are talking dark anchors/dolmens, they're focused on the grind part, not the "clearing" as you're calling it, which as you mention Cadwell's Gold is clear that you mean while doing quests and such.

This is a fair for the other posters to be confused as Dolmen grinding is the second fastest way to level up Fighter's Guild and you didn't mention that you were doing them whilst questing, which is what I"m inferring given that you mention Cadwell's Gold. The other poster's probably believed that you were taking umbrage with the slowness of the dolmen grind, which to them would be preposterous given the sheer amount of Xp earned via the Alik'r grind.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you get extra FG xp for first clear, as you said, it's just a flat amount no matter what. So really, nothing changed except the extra xp bonus on first clear. So I'm not seeing what the issue is with leveling FG on alts.
    Edited by alternatelder on 17 May 2024 15:36
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i usually level characters in IC, nothing but daedra and undead in there lol, very easily reach fighters guild 10 before i hit 50
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this was an intended consequence, to be honest I'm not sure even ZOS have a clear understanding why they made the switch to AWA, they announced one reason then switched to another before staying out of the conversation altogether. However, it was certainly one of the consequences that they were alerted to.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you get extra FG xp for first clear, as you said, it's just a flat amount no matter what. So really, nothing changed except the extra xp bonus on first clear. So I'm not seeing what the issue is with leveling FG on alts.

Yes. What changed with AwA is the indication of whether a character has completed the dolmen. I don't think there was ever a bonus for doing each one the first time.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you need to fill your sticker book, Maelstrom arena is another place for fighter guild points, otherwise there are much better options as noted above.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the case for Antiquities too. Leveling on other characters is more of a grind since you don't get the achievements for the stuff anymore.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    This is the case for Antiquities too. Leveling on other characters is more of a grind since you don't get the achievements for the stuff anymore.

I'd argue that leveling alts for antiquities is EASIER thanks to having someone with higher skill. Especially since you can scry the item on a higher level and dig it out on the alt. It's nice to be able to dig up Ultimate leads on someone at 7 for that juicy 10 XP.
    Antiquities Addict
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Try Skyreach Catacombs, or public dungeons in Coldharbour/Deshaan/Eastmarch/Shadowfen - all have massive amounts of Undead to kill within. Motalion Necropolis in Alik'r is also a good spot.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you done main quest line where you go to Coldharbour where there is a Deadric creatures to kill which should give you XP towards that skill line?

There is also Dolmen in Cyrodiil, so you can progress in both FG and getting AP, so there is more option to progress FG then MG skill line.
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do the odd Alik'r dolmen round, or do a different couple of dolmens somewhere else as I pass by as I do quests.

My fighters guild skills are almost there just as I reach cp 160. Not that I ever worry about what level anything is. They tend to level up and reach the top eventually.

I find mages guild takes longest because the quests don't appeal to me and I don't go out of my way to find the books. But I don't use Mages skills
    Options
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean? After AWA they made it even easier to progress skill lines on alts. Just open the Crown Store and purchase the "Fighters Guild Skill Line" upgrade... /SARCASM
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

This is where the disconnect is occurring. When people are talking dark anchors/dolmens, they're focused on the grind part, not the "clearing" as you're calling it, which as you mention Cadwell's Gold is clear that you mean while doing quests and such.

This is a fair for the other posters to be confused as Dolmen grinding is the second fastest way to level up Fighter's Guild and you didn't mention that you were doing them whilst questing, which is what I"m inferring given that you mention Cadwell's Gold. The other poster's probably believed that you were taking umbrage with the slowness of the dolmen grind, which to them would be preposterous given the sheer amount of Xp earned via the Alik'r grind.

I meant Cadwells Gold as in the zones associated. I used to basically go thru all the Alliance zones dolmens in that order until I reached FG 10. I'm not doing Dolmens as I Quest, that literally would take forever.

And each Dolmen clear only gives you at most about 50 points toward the skill tree if you hit all the mobs that spawn from a maxed player Dolmen, and one person here said it requires almost 7,000, and I'm not spending hours every day doing the Alikr train.
    Options
  • Scaletho
    Scaletho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood leveling is imho the worst. You don't get points when you assassinate a random NPC is a delve. You need to do repeatable missions to make it. That means been stuck in the DB headquarters for long time.

Fighters Guild is very ok. My new Arcanist is FG level 8 and I never got a daily mission or spent time in Dolmens
    Options