Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Discussion Thread, "ESO's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration Starts Now!"

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bachlava wrote: »
    I've played for years and went for some drops that were quite low, but this drop rate is abysmal. I also think that the excuse of keeping players engaged is a sad one. I would have been engaged regardless, now I'm just a bit salty...

This is exactly how many of us are feeling.
    PCNA
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After this Anniversary, I will never let myself look forward to the next.
    Options
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Anniversary because getting so many new styles, furnishings, plans, etc. But I am filled to the brim with inventory now. I hate to complain about that, but I soooo need more space! My bank is full, all my chests are full. I have to say even 480 bank space with ESO + isn't enough! I can't imagine not having the +.

I may be a bit of a hoarder, but I do have to hold onto certain items to either give to fellow guildies or for future characters. Or there are items I want to sell later down the road.

Need more bank space and more trunks.
    Xbox X- NA
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please address the extremely low drop rates for the style pages. I've been trying for 9 days to get Sunna'rah and have approximately 565 Vvardenfell boss kills so far, and there have been multiple similar experiences from others both on the forums and in game. This has completely destroyed any chance of enjoying what should have been the best anniversary to date for many of us.

Please greatly increase the drop rates for the rest of this event. Thank you.
    Edited by SilverBride on 22 April 2024 17:01
    PCNA
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) The Jubilee boxes seemed extra rewarding this year — thank you! I’m glad the companion styles were retired and I love all the materials, motifs, furnishing plans, and transmute stones I’ve collected!

2) Love the cake slice furnishings! 🍰

3) The style pages I think could have been implemented better, the dropped ones not bind-on-pickup but bound available for tickets or, as others have suggested elsewhere, available via a quest or a drop rate dependent on how much of the related zone content/quest a player had done.

4) I don’t know about this year’s collectible theme — defeating Molag Bal, sure, but it feels more like a celebration of the most vile Daedric Prince what with him topping the otherwise beautiful cake, Smolag Bal is rather creepy, and the personality looks rather cartoony — who holds out their arms crossed like that? Deadlands Firewalker is perfect and I’m waiting and hoping for another as good!

5) I enjoyed the Thieves Guild celebration mixed in with the extra rewards and the extra rewarding endeavors! :)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 22 April 2024 17:32
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please address the extremely low drop rates for the style pages. I've been trying for 9 days to get Sunna'rah and have approximately 565 Vvardenfell boss kills so far, and there have been multiple similar experiences from others both on the forums and in game. This has completely destroyed any chance of enjoying what should have been the best anniversary to date for many of us.

Have we gotten any information if these are going to return or not? I've kinda cut my losses anyway, at this point, but that would also be handy to know.
    Edited by Soraka on 22 April 2024 19:00
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »

Have we gotten any information if these are going to return or not? I've kinda cut my losses anyway, at this point, but that would also be handy to know.

I would expect them to eventually show up again later in some manner, but who knows?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would expect them to eventually show up again later in some manner, but who knows?

I don't know if we will. But the thing is, the 10 year anniversary is NOW.
    PCNA
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably at the same time that other anniversary items, like the 2016 cake returns.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never read the notifications until half way through the event and only found out about the different unique styles you could get from fishing etc in the forums. I wonder if there are other players, especially new players, who are wondering why everyone is suddenly fishing.

It would be useful if there were town criers in every town shouting out the details of the special events and special rewards (or telling about rumours) for those who are too busy in real life to read about what's happening on the game.

That person who used to shout about Tales of Tribute, or Stuga could be put to good use letting everyone know.
    Options
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    That person who used to shout about Tales of Tribute, or Stuga could be put to good use letting everyone know.

That would totally fit in with theme of the 10th anniversary celebrations - torturing the players :D

Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mesite wrote: »
    I never read the notifications until half way through the event and only found out about the different unique styles you could get from fishing etc in the forums. I wonder if there are other players, especially new players, who are wondering why everyone is suddenly fishing.

It would be useful if there were town criers in every town shouting out the details of the special events and special rewards (or telling about rumours) for those who are too busy in real life to read about what's happening on the game.

I think someone used Blade of Woe on that barker permanently!

I haven't heard the "You don't know how long I have been looking for you" recently (for Wrothgar). Though I would like to use it now on Curtaros (sp?) to quit his singing just because I logged in inside the crafting area!

The Guild questline people are still around! To the annoyance of many of us. One of the reasons I rarely craft in Blackwood.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Probably at the same time that other anniversary items, like the 2016 cake returns.

I don't see those old cakes ever being purchasable again if you didn't qualify for them originally. I was on the PS4 at the time, so I can never get a full set on the PC.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • dwright09ub17_ESO
    dwright09ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please dont do anymore of these. You are soiling your reputation by putting little thought and effort into them
    Options
  • Sky-Piercer
    Sky-Piercer
    ✭✭✭
    Being a completist/collector type of player and having been unable to get all 5 pages (managed to get 4) despite farming for entire days leaves a very bitter taste.
    Like many others here, I'm more than a little salty.
    Options
  • Wiseau
    Wiseau
    ✭✭✭
    You guys blundered this event so hard and dropped the ball into Oblivion. Give us an extension.
    Options
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find myself extremely disappointed by this event, not merely on my own behalf, but for the people who were locked out for so long and got their accounts back just after it ended, and for those who spent so much time and effort to get the bound style pages that had such a low drop rate. There were so many ways that things could've been handled better.

The worst disappointment to me, personally, was the broken promise of two additional days. A maintenance shutdown on the final night, combined with the long-term ongoing unfairness of only having four hours for the final partial day of events for the NA server, meant we lost our last day entirely. (And the locked-out people lost the event entirely.)

For myself and many others, who believed the official word from Gina Bruno that we had two more days, that meant not being able to complete the collectible mount.

I don't feel the maintenance should have been postponed - that would have been even more unfair to the locked out people. But when it became clear that that was the soonest it could be done, why wasn't the event extended one more day?

It's too late for that now. But for those like myself who missed the collectible mount, could we at least be assured that the fragments will be available again in the future?

For those who couldn't get their style pages, could you please say they'll be made available again at some point, without as much pain as there was this time? Perhaps with a ticket purchase, for example.

After seven years of (mostly) enjoying this game, and being very active, leading two communities, learning Lua to write and maintain an addon to help people not lose event tickets, I find myself a lot less enthusiastic about playing now - just because of a broken promise of two more days, missing out on a free mount by one fragment because of it, and having no way to know if I'll ever have another chance to complete it. I am also greatly saddened by friends who are either burned out from farming style pages, or were locked out for most of the event.

Please, please, fix this. The tenth anniversary should've been an amazing celebration. Would it hurt to give one or two more horse pieces to those of us on the NA who were cut off, or tell us we'll have another chance to get them?
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
    Options
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tenth anniversary should've been an amazing celebration.
    I'd say that the values and qualities of the game were captured amazingly well /s
    Options
  • Qorlas
    Qorlas
    ✭✭✭
    The event in itself was not bad.

I made the grind for the 5 style objects in a useful way.

1) I went fishing in zones I had still to complete... so got two new zones angler achievement
    2) For the dolmens was the Chest and not the boss so went in two easy to reach domens and made a couple of days of killing getting a lot of anniversary chests.... nice thing was that multiple final bosses in Dolmens gave multiple anniversary chests
    3) In Morrowind camped just one boss. It had 5 minutes of waiting time so killed it did other things outside ESO and repeat until I got both styles

4) Geysers were trickier because there was a lot of people on it.... but I gave up for final boss loot and just kept me in spawning area with a companion and got the geyser even if I did nothing (Thanks companion)

Event could be improved? Sure! But it was not so bad..... anniversary event are mainly grinding chests motifs and furnishings consumables.

Just the completionist of me was upset for the jubilee confetti thing, but now it is passed.... and I am sure staff will do something about it.
    Options
  • ValeriatheBarbarian
    ValeriatheBarbarian
    Soul Shriven
    I'm sure the developers are planning to make the confetti box situation right.

Developers work hard to make ESO feel measured and fair. Players are used to meeting promised achievements or not due to our level of skill and planning abilities - not due to issues on their end. They know that an event doesn't *really* last until 10am if the servers are taken down at 6am.

I'm sure they are planning something. Maybe it will be mailing a golden box to everyone who tried to log in during an outage but couldn't. Maybe $5000 gold for everyone who missed a daily but kept logging in till the end of the month anyway. Something!

I'm one fragment short of earning the mount.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure the developers are planning to make the confetti box situation right.

I think the silence on the matter says otherwise.

The disappointment will pass with time, and eventually all will be forgotten.

Options
  • ValeriatheBarbarian
    ValeriatheBarbarian
    Soul Shriven
    Aw man, I hope you're wrong Jaraal!

I'm honestly envious of people who can let this kind of thing go, I'm super bummed out about it. This really killed my excitement to log in and play.
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw man, I hope you're wrong Jaraal!

I wish I were! However, one can go back and find any number of situations where everything occurred exactly that way. And there's no reason to believe that this situation will be any different.

I'm sorry you weren't able to get your mount as planned. I'd happily give you mine if I could, as I'd never use it.

Options
  • ValeriatheBarbarian
    ValeriatheBarbarian
    Soul Shriven
    Jaraal, your kind and honest response has renewed my faith - not in getting more fragments, but in my fellow players. Thanks for taking the time to weigh in :)
    Options
  • profiction1337
    I just hope they will bring back the striped senche tiger mount into store, really want that mount :(
    Options