Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Discussion Thread, "ESO's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration Starts Now!"

• TennesseeNord
    TennesseeNord
    ✭✭
    The way ZOS has packaged up the bound style pages into a grind a thon is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. Today will be day 3 of doing nothing but grinding geysers in Summerset. And if I didn’t have a dps capable of doing enough damage to loot the bosses for anniversary gift boxes I would have already said deuces
    Skyrim belongs to the Nords!!
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't a mount tied to eating cake pieces? I just bought all 7 on PS5-NA and ended up with furnishings, but nothing to "eat" and no mount I could find.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each day from the glorious box you get 1 confetti fragment. You have to consume 25 fragments to get the mount and the achievement that goes with it. There are only 20 days of the event. This means some of the confetti fragments have to be bought with tickets from the Impressario. You can track how many fragments you’ve consumed by looking at the achievement.
    Edited by Elvenheart on 11 April 2024 01:42
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Each day from the glorious box you get 1 confetti fragment. You have to consume 25 fragments to get the mount and the achievement that goes with it. There are only 20 days of the event. This means some of the confetti fragments have to be bought with tickets from the Impressario. You can track how many fragments you’ve consumed by looking at the achievement.

So that was it. Ah well, it was only 7 wasted tickets and I think I can't buy anything else of much value to me since I am full up on the current stuff and seem to have the past items too. That is annoying as well. I wish I could buy more old stuff I missed! I have a few things where I am missing 1 of 3 fragments....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

My math gets really off because I can’t hold enough tickets to purchase all the confetti I need at once (provided I don’t miss any days). This would be my default and I would just wait until near the end to buy the remaining to avoid the worry of miscalculating.

Instead, i have to keep track of how many I have earned vs how many I should have on a given day earned from playing and then determine the difference (if any) to see if I have already purchased some. It makes my head hurt.

I should have added this to my Elder Spreadsheets Online when the event started but I didn’t think of it at the time.
    Edited by heaven13 on 11 April 2024 15:20
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Lady_Light
    Lady_Light
    Soul Shriven
    I went to purchase the 2021 cake and I don't have the ability to buy it. I can buy 2018 and later except 2021. Le sad.
    Options
  • Adaarye
    Adaarye
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The event is going to last nearly 3 weeks. If you had gotten all of your outfit style drops on Day 1, what would you do for the rest of the event?

Play the game, having fun, crafting, working on my houses instead of struggling against horrible rng to get limited time character bound style pages.

Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will note that it is far too easy to run out of things to buy with the tickets this time. Too few new things and too few old stuff as well - the fragment pieces I mean.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not heard a single player say they are enjoying the grind for the 5 style pages, but have heard countless express how frustrating and stressful it's been trying to get these unique and limited time items. In light of what is supposed to be a time of celebration I implore you to please greatly increase the drop rates of these items so it becomes something fun and rewarding.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin Please take all the feedback about this into consideration and make some changes to these style pages so that players may fully enjoy this anniversary event.
    PCNA
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did a Geyser today and thought I got some good hits in on the Geyser boss, but no loot so no bonus item.

This is a very poor design and I am amazed that some still argue that it is working properly.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Sonyaluca
    Sonyaluca
    ✭✭
    Seeing as I can't reply to the thread in question, I'll post it here

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    To accounts that were locked; 16k seals of endeavors, 5 gold jubilee boxes, all replica style page and the jubilee mount....
    Right, cos those people lost the chance at getting remotely all of that in the time their accounts were locked.
    The "we're sorry we screwed up" compensation seems stupidly over the top, and as someone not affected by anything more than the server downtime, I feel a little cheated. Might be wrong of me to feel so. This just seems uncharacteristic for ZOS.
    But here's a compromise solution; give the rest of us half : 8k seals of endeavors, 3 gold jubilee boxes, all the replica style pages and 12 of the tickets for the jubilee mount. Could that work?

Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sonyaluca wrote: »

To accounts that were locked; 16k seals of endeavors, 5 gold jubilee boxes, all replica style page and the jubilee mount....
    Right, cos those people lost the chance at getting remotely all of that in the time their accounts were locked.
    The "we're sorry we screwed up" compensation seems stupidly over the top, and as someone not affected by anything more than the server downtime, I feel a little cheated. Might be wrong of me to feel so. This just seems uncharacteristic for ZOS.
    But here's a compromise solution; give the rest of us half : 8k seals of endeavors, 3 gold jubilee boxes, all the replica style pages and 12 of the tickets for the jubilee mount. Could that work?

Why would you argue for others to get less??? It in no way takes away from you. As has been pointed out in another thread, the compensation does not include purple boxes that many players would have been collecting, so getting all the style pages seems decent to me so that they can spend time making up the purple boxes and not grind for style boxes (assuming a player wanted everything).

As for the Seals of Endeavor, shouldn’t players get more than just what they lost out on for the aggravation of being locked out of a service they paid for through no fault of their own? Many companies would do extra in an effort to make the customer happy again and not simply restore what was lost, and I am glad to see ZOS take this approach. Finally, are you seriously asking for the compensation to be reduced after it has been announced??? That is just mean-spirited.

My account was not locked so I am not receiving anything but I am happy to see ZOS making this effort to take care of the players that were locked out!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 19 April 2024 17:11
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a Geyser today and thought I got some good hits in on the Geyser boss, but no loot so no bonus item.

This is a very poor design and I am amazed that some still argue that it is working properly.

The page comes from the shell trove reward chest after the pearl has been destroyed, not the boss, thankfully, or I never would have gotten the page!
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait, what?

I'd rather have the 2,000 event boxes I've earned in those 5 days, with all the motifs and mats than a lousy 16k seals.

I wouldn't trade places with the locked out folks for one second.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Bachlava
    Bachlava
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin PLEASE fix the drop rate on these style pages, for what was supposed to be a fun event has turned into a hell of a grind! And giving so much to those who were locked out feels like a spit in the face for those of us that have been grinding.
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Wait, what?

I'd rather have the 2,000 event boxes I've earned in those 5 days, with all the motifs and mats than a lousy 16k seals.

I wouldn't trade places with the locked out folks for one second.

Agreed. Everything in the purple boxes is worth way more than 16k seals. You can amass a huge amount of worth in 5 days with this event. Those who didn't get banned are not being cheated out of anything. The opportunity was there to get plenty of items, even with the minor down time we experienced. I'd rather have all the columbine and dragon rheum to power my account for the next 10 years XD
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bachlava wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin PLEASE fix the drop rate on these style pages, for what was supposed to be a fun event has turned into a hell of a grind! And giving so much to those who were locked out feels like a spit in the face for those of us that have been grinding.

Please, someone at ZOS, hear this! A very huge portion of your valued player base is literally begging for help and providing valuable feedback.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The page comes from the shell trove reward chest after the pearl has been destroyed, not the boss, thankfully, or I never would have gotten the page!

Ah. I had read differently in another thread. I guess it was the "kill the boss" purple box I missed. Still annoying, but whatever.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. I had read differently in another thread. I guess it was the "kill the boss" purple box I missed. Still annoying, but whatever.

Yes, it is a grind, I just wanted to clarify where you can get the drop. I would have given up if the style page dropped from the boss instead of the trove — I don’t think I got to loot them once!
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A token amount to banned players doesn't make ZOS look good. They are not compelled to do anything more of course, but this doesn't help the image concerns.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A token amount to banned players doesn't make ZOS look good. They are not compelled to do anything more of course, but this doesn't help the image concerns.

What kind of image? You don’t lose out on anything if you’re not getting the rare drops as they’re all cosmetic and have no impact. I have no idea why people think these things must be achievable by anybody or that everybody playing during the event is entitled to get these drops. At the end of the day they’re random drops like many other things in game.
    Edited by Seraphayel on 19 April 2024 10:05
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

What kind of image? You don’t lose out on anything if you’re not getting the rare drops as they’re all cosmetic and have no impact. I have no idea why people think these things must be achievable by anybody or that everybody playing during the event is entitled to get these drops. At the end of the day they’re random drops like many other things in game.

Which parts of "time-limited" and "anniversary celebration" are hard to comprehend?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »

Which parts of "time-limited" and "anniversary celebration" are hard to comprehend?

I fail to see how that has anything to do with what I said.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As expected
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And that is the reason these forums end up being almost counterproductive. Any point is likely to get argued against, no matter how good or bad the point is. (This has been the case on the Internet for its existence!)

Saying "all is well" when many people lost out on optional things is not a helpful position. Some were kept from many tickets and opportunities to try for time-limited things. Not those things are time-limited to promote involvement (via the idea you might miss out if you don't heavily participate).

Some were kept from participating due to a mistake outside their control. Yes, that will make some unhappy.

Ironically, those are usually the types of players that will spend more on the game (including buying Crowns and deluxe upgrades) and thus the impact to the bottom line can be higher. Those who are more laid back and less "compulsive" on things won't see the need for as many shiny gadgets and may find it easier to either stay free to play or only have ESO+ and not much else.

Most MMOs want to hook players in all they can and this issue went against that.

The image concern is the view players, past players and others have of ZOS. If the actions leave many or even most with a ZOS does the bare minimum, it will not be a good thing for ZOS in the long run. See another reply I made lately about perception and that can expound more. I am writing too much now already.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Hodgkin
    Hodgkin
    Soul Shriven
    July-Dec
    ki548qf3f5qz.png

"SPOTLIGHT TO BE UNLOCKED"

I'm on some mega copium that's Veteran Overland, even though the chance of that is 0.000000000000000001%

Looking forward to a PvP system. Be cool if it was separate balancing of PvE/PvP.

I'll have some of that copium as well good sir,

For Cyrodiil & IC - I hope that we get some new Alliance ranks, maybe some new siege weapons, or maybe new bosses for IC, or is that asking for too much?

Even like PvP Events that change the scenery or the skybox - preferably one that players can change at their discretion, (e.g. a setting in Video Options).

I feel like 99% of the players in Cyro (including myself) are just desperately itching for something new to spice things up. Maybe this meta is just stale, could be that too. But I genuinely believe that MANY players would return to the game if the PvP in this game got more love than PvE, even if for only a short while. Just my opinion though o:)
    Options
  • Muriel_La_Strega
    The event is going to last nearly 3 weeks. If you had gotten all of your outfit style drops on Day 1, what would you do for the rest of the event?

And what about dont find half of them After 17 days???? Drop rate is offensive!
    Options
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Question : I've seen the compensation for the issue and noticed an oversight : daily log in reward, one that include clothing disguise may be missed for locked out account
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Many people ignore the annoyance of such a low drop rate.

Justifying it by saying you need to be kept engaged just turns some of us off. I would love more rewards, but even doing daily crafting on 60 characters gets tedious. I haven't bothered trying for other rewards.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Bachlava
    Bachlava

Many people ignore the annoyance of such a low drop rate.

Justifying it by saying you need to be kept engaged just turns some of us off. I would love more rewards, but even doing daily crafting on 60 characters gets tedious. I haven't bothered trying for other rewards.

to clarify, yes, I don't care about a low drop rate, I've played for years and went for some drops that were quite low, but this drop rate is abysmal. I also think that the excuse of keeping players engaged is a sad one. I would have been engaged regardless, now I'm just a bit salty lol
    Options