The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Question about Anniversary Jubilee Event *NEW* Rewards and the *ONCE PER DAY* drop rule

ShadowPaladin
ShadowPaladin
✭✭✭✭
Hi @all...

I just read through the infos about the upcoming 10th Anni-Event next week. While reading I noticed the following part:
What’s in these wonderful boxes, you might ask? In the case of the Glorious Anniversary Jubilee Gift Boxes available once daily, they contain:
[...]
  • New: A tradeable outfit style page for the Earthbone Ayleid armor style
  • New: A fragment for the new Jubilee Steed mount (note that you need 25 total fragments to make the steed, so keep some Event Tickets ready if you want this one!)
[...]

If you take into account that you do have 20 days time and that - I would assume - only ONE of those TWO(!) *NEW* Items can/will drop ONCE per day, you would need 31 or 32 days to get them all (depending on if the armor has 6 or 7 parts). Since we only do have 20 days time, we will be missing 11 or 12 items. Those - as mentioned in the information - we will need to get via tickets. I am sure that the style pages will cost 5 tickets per piece, regarding the fragments I am not sure, but would guess also 5 tickets. If that is the case, this would mean we will need 55 or 60 tickets, with only max. 60 tickets to get. In addition to that there will also be TWO(!) fragments for the new Master of Schemes personality, which each will cost 10 tickets. So, at the end we would need 65 or 75 tickets in total :neutral: !

Now I have the following questions:
  1. How many tickets will we need to buy ONE of those fragments?
  2. Will *each*(!) of those items (new Style-Pages & new mount fragments) drop once per day (my guess would be - no)?
  3. Will those mount fragments drop again during next years Anni-Event?
  4. Is this ZOS solution for screwing up one of last years events, where they did make it so that you needed 10 fragments, but only had 7 (or 8 - not sure anymore) days time to get them?!?!?!?! If it is, then I do find it more than ludicrous :disappointed: !

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its varied a lot for fragments, sometimes they are 2 sometimes they are 5 and sometimes they are 10, if it needs a lot it might be 2, the jester daedroth costume i think were 5 per fragment

personally im not hugely interested in the mount because its a lame horse, but i might end up getting it for collector value

i usually like to start events already carrying 10-12 tickets that i carried over from the previous event

another point is that the master of schemes personality is part of the yearly fragment thing, so those will definitely be available in the next event, and again at the end of the year new life festival, so if you really care that much those should be the least prioritized
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the relevant PTS patch notes, "Glorious boxes also have a guaranteed fragment for the brand-new, event-unique Jubilee Steed!" https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/652319/pts-patch-notes-v9-3-2#latest

If I am not mistaken, you can get the Earthbone pages and the fragments at the same time. You would have to, otherwise it'd be impossible to get pages since they're only from the gold boxes. And the confetti packs (the mount fragments) are three tickets each, and you need 25 total for the mount.

Edit:
    Is this ZOS solution for screwing up one of last years events, where they did make it so that you needed 10 fragments, but only had 7 (or 8 - not sure anymore) days time to get them?!?!?!?! If it is, then I do find it more than ludicrous :disappointed: !

What you're probably referring to is the Jester's Festival and the Daedroth costume. On that front, I definitely agree that Jester's should run for longer, but the assets are most likely exclusively in the Q1 DLC, so console DLC launch timing makes it harder to start the event sooner and Anniversary prevents it from smoothly running later. A simple solution would be to just not have a 10 part item be given during a seven day event, though.
    Edited by MafiaCat115 on 28 March 2024 17:58
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a pic of the Jubilee mount anywhere?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Is there a pic of the Jubilee mount anywhere?

in the official article about it
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just think that designing drop rates and amounts in a way that requires spending tickets is ridiculous.
  • kah
    kah
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd consider reworking how event currency works. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if we could hold more than 12 tickets at one time. Not to mention how confusing the whole fragments concept is for new players. >>
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kah wrote: »
    I really wish they'd consider reworking how event currency works. This wouldn't be so much of an issue if we could hold more than 12 tickets at one time. Not to mention how confusing the whole fragments concept is for new players. >>

Agreed. Archaic and outdated design.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ShadowPaladin
    ShadowPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies :smile: !

i usually like to start events already carrying 10-12 tickets that i carried over from the previous event

That is the same thing I am always trying to do. If everything goes well, I will have 10 tickets left from the Jester Festival, which I can use during the Anni-Event. With the 60 from the Anni-Event I will have 70 in total, from which I will at least - again - save up 10 to 12. From the rest I will use 20 for the two new fragments for the 2nd quarter item, 5-15 for the 3 basic fragment parts (the pet ones) and the rest for the missing mount fragments and style pages. If I am as lucky as I was during the last events, I may get all the style pages cheap from guild vendors :wink: .

From the relevant PTS patch notes, "Glorious boxes also have a guaranteed fragment for the brand-new, event-unique Jubilee Steed!" https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/652319/pts-patch-notes-v9-3-2#latest

If I am not mistaken, you can get the Earthbone pages and the fragments at the same time. You would have to, otherwise it'd be impossible to get pages since they're only from the gold boxes. And the confetti packs (the mount fragments) are three tickets each, and you need 25 total for the mount.

I do hope you are right and we will be able to get ONE piece each per day (one style page and one fragment).

What you're probably referring to is the Jester's Festival and the Daedroth costume. On that front, I definitely agree that Jester's should run for longer, but the assets are most likely exclusively in the Q1 DLC, so console DLC launch timing makes it harder to start the event sooner and Anniversary prevents it from smoothly running later. A simple solution would be to just not have a 10 part item be given during a seven day event, though.

Yeah, just noticed it today, that it was last years Jester Festival. Got only 4 of those scraps during last years event *hmpf* :angry: . So far none have droped for me during this years event. But since you can buy one scrap for 2 tickets, I will use my tickets to get the missing ones. With luck maybe I will get some drops in the next days and therefore won't need to spend 12 tickets. A good thing is, I think I will be able to complete the *new* event-style before the end of the event and without spending any tickets on it :blush: .

kah wrote: »

Yeah. Being able to store for example 24 instead of 12 tickets would be great. Don't know why the devs won't make it. They could add it to ESO+, that would be another incentive to get ESO+ for example.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Being able to store for example 24 instead of 12 tickets would be great. Don't know why the devs won't make it. They could add it to ESO+, that would be another incentive to get ESO+ for example.

I would rather they just increased the limit and left ESO Plus out of it. :neutral:

My thinking is that they limit to 12 to encourage participation in events. An increase to 24 would allow hoarding in "favorite" events and skipping of "unfavorite" events. I already do this, so ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I suppose it also limits the negative effects of needing to "fill up" before the end of the event, for those who need to do that.

I doubt that 24 would set the world on fire. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    I just think that designing drop rates and amounts in a way that requires spending tickets is ridiculous.

Completely agree. It's a poorly veiled attempt to get people to spend Crowns on Event Tickets imo.