The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

10 years of eso, what is your best memory?

• Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day one, on the beach. Beta
    Options
  • DorianDragonRaze
    DorianDragonRaze
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zamarak, Raz,
    decorating my castle,
    finishing the CWC story,
    trying arcanist,
    when Razum-dar disguises himself as Queen Ayrenn in a quest,
    oh yes, and playing the Orsinium story
    Edited by DorianDragonRaze on 29 March 2024 03:46
    I used to be an adventurer like you, then I got the ESO on my hard drive...
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These go back to early release days 2014.

The final assault quest takes you through a library with cold fire braziers players need to light. The brziers were bugged/ out of alignment. Multiple players were dying falling off the edge of platforms or jumping from book towers trying to light the braziers.

A large group of players, including myself hiding under stairs inside a building in Grahtwood. We were hiding there because people thought it would make quest boss spawn. Of course we didn't understand quest bosses had timers. The quest took a long time to complete with the amount of players trying to kill the quest boss.

Edited by phairdon on 29 March 2024 04:41
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me still the same: the moment I discovered Summerset...
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doshia for the first time at launch and the first big fight in Cyrodiil. What a rush
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I am sure I've various memories of this game that I'd remember randomly, I still specifically remember getting this for my birthday one year as a sort of "Here you go, if you like it, great, if not, oh well" from the boyfriend at the time. I was a little hesitatant asking questions about things like how arrows would work, if you had to manually aim or have arrows on hand, making a Nord as my first character (At the time, I wasn't a fan of Khajiit or Argonians as my only basis for them was Skyrim and I thought they looked ugly in that), playing for a short time before we all remade new characters as Khajiit. The initial trouble of trying to quest with friends as a nightblade having a bounty, trying to sneak around town to try and keep up. It's been 8, must be coming up 9 years now, and I'm still playing it. Unfortunately any friends who was with me quickly fell off ESO, only coming back for a very brief time, but I've been playing loads since. What a birthday gift this was!

Oh, I also remember the early IC events. Joining your seemingly entire faction run to the center to farm Bal, only to turn around and see the entirety of another faction funnel through too, and then the chaos begins
    Edited by BenTSG on 29 March 2024 09:35
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Doshia for the first time at launch and the first big fight in Cyrodiil. What a rush

Remembers early Cyrodiil too. Riding with a large group of EP, encountering a large group of AD at a bridge. We all just kinda stood there looking at one another, until someone fired an arrow and all mayhem broke loose :D
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    idk shutting me off from reality and wasting my life away faster
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
    Options
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The moment created my main on March 30th 2014 getting his first achievement within the hour after creation. Ransack. :D
    Next great memory, when my old all khajiit guild, Vah Khaj Dar, was able to field 30+ Khajiit in Cyrod, running rampant cleaning the red and blue pests.

10 years later, is still going strong. Picture is from this morning in Southern Elsweyr, digging treasure chests.

I feel disappointed that ZOS doesn't give something special to all the characters created on pre-release weekend 10 years ago.

706oeste1nim.png
    Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on 29 March 2024 13:06
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2015-2019 when Cyrodiil was glorious. ZOS even listed to some feedback way back when too.
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped playing consistently for about five years but Ill never forget my first time visiting Bleakrock, still hoping for housing there, nor do I forget the choirs as you stroll through Auridon, for me the environment will always be my favorite experience, its mainly why I always return to eso
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking back to early days, I realised the things I enjoyed most at that time are no longer in the game:

Doing zones where the mobs were at least 5 levels higher than my toon (AwA even wiped the record of most of my toons' heroic boss killing achievements).
    Doing Cadwell zones and not seeing another player for literally hours at a time.
    Standing in the bank at Velyn Harbor, listening to Malukah sing while I did all my inventory management.

Nowadays I mostly use the game to make my own fun. Write character backstories. Use an idiosyncratic play style for each character. Build beautiful homes for them. Enjoy lots of small wins every day.

it's a different game now, but more fun.
    PC EU
    Options
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Building my character's house.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
    Options
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a Naked and Drunk trial with my guild and we all brought out our pony pets, which are so comically large that it made us all laugh for about an hour straight. Best ESO night ever. Also when we made this recruitment video for a ZOS contest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDBA2JrrH74&t=0s
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they changed to One Tamriel. This made the game playable for me again.
    PCNA
    Options
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have best memories, for me it's just a game and nothing more.

But there is one that my friends in the guild don't let me forget.

This was my first mmo, even today i have a hard time understanding all that nerd terminology.

My first dungeon was a raid and i remember that every time we fought a boss the leader said in chat BURN!

But I had an Ice Staff equipped!

I didn't know what to do, i ran in circles looking for something with fire...

So the next time we went to the dungeon i arrived well prepared with my Fire Staff to burn the boss B)

Why don't they just say kill or focus on boss?, there are a thousand ways to say it, i don't understand why they chose the word burn.
    Edited by ikzaa on 29 March 2024 18:56
    Options
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accomplishing some things:

Clearing all Cyrodiil Dolmens all alone in one night and earning Savior of Nirn title.

Defeating the Golden Saint WB in Stonefalls for the first time in solo, taking my long awaited vengeance.

Every fight I had with the Preserver of Galen, I think I remember every single one, all memorable.

Soloing a Gray Dragon while shoooting my pants.

Soloing the "Molag Bal" event in the center of the Imperial City sewers at dawn to avoid enemy players.

Farming, obtaining Oakensoul Ring and get stunned by what a game changer it was for me.

The moment I completed Veteran Maelstrom Arena failing to obtain flawless conqueror and I said to myself: never stepping foot in here again, I'm happy to give up.

This already seems quite a bragging comment so I'll say I soloed Inkslayer BUT "I have no particular memory" of it, so I wouldn't include this... Best achievement? Probably. Memory? Sadly, no.
    Options
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    After playing Skyrim and defeating dragons single handedly, realising that you needed a whole team to fight a dragon in Elsweyr.

Attending a guild wedding and playing human darts - jumping off mountains to die the closest to the first guild member who jumped.

Showing off my huge free Grand Psijic Villa to other family members irl and pretending the water was cold when I walked into the indoor pool.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    best memory is eating 24 inch pizza during one football game

:#
    Options
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally getting Bastion Sanguinaris and the Vampire Lord statue, hopefully soon ill be getting the Cursebound Senche-raht Darkfang and I will finally be complete. That's my best memories.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
    Options
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally beating the story for the first time and hitting veteran ranks. Also exploring Craglorn for the first time and meeting my first group of friends who sadly don't play anymore.
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realizing that after farming all the sets that I cared about and accumulating enough crowns and gold, that I didn't need to subscribe anymore and could subscribe to other games and still enjoy ESO.
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The time that ESO told GDC that they had made 2,000,000,000 USD and been sold to MS since launch. But they can't provide extreme latency dependant game play like PVP with dedicated hardware for the original experience.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was during Year 1, back when guards in Cyrodiil keeps were serious freakin' business, and I managed to solo defend a keep at level 26 against a bunch of VR players by hitting them with siege inside the keep while they were taking down a guard. They'd thought it was un undefended keep and had let their guard down.

Looking back, it's stupid that I won that fight, but a the time, it was epic.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First clear on vAShm. We prog'd that for a few months so when we finally cleared I was ecstatic! Still the best skin in the game.
    Options
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in before one Tamriel…2015 on Xbox NA.

Cyrodil under level 50 was always filled. Running around in giant groups. Being able to join group and instantly talking without the annoyance of discord codes. Always the same people playing and having a good time.
    Edited by UGotBenched91 on 30 March 2024 12:38
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First vMA completion, on a magplar, way before progress saving was a thing, and way before power creep trivialized it.
    It was a literal all-nighter, 7 or 8 hours, with a final score on the low end of the triple digits.
    That was the point when I could say I finally learned to play the game.
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starting from new when everything was a new adventure. All games have been the same, a step into the unknown and full of uncertainty. You can never regain that feeling.
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    Day one, on the beach. Beta

I distinctly remember getting lost in the Vulkhel Guard the first time I logged into the beta in November 2013.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting launched so hard across Stonefalls that I landed at the dolmen nearish to Heimlyn Keep, and not having any textures load til after I landed.

All because I rode my horse over a pebble leaving Davon's Watch.

Yes, I have screenshots.
    Options