The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

10 years of eso, what is your best memory?

DonHardstyle
DonHardstyle
✭✭✭
10 years, its long. In those 10 years we made friends, enemy's relationships. We seen people come and go, and sadly some pass away. We achieved stuff for the first time and we had a lot of fun. We seen bugs come and go. And see some that been there for ages. And for some of us eso truely changed our life or had a huge impact on it.

But what is your personal best memory?

For me it is deffenitly meeting my girlfriend. We met in eso, she moved here and now almost 4 years later we are 12 weeks pregnant. A new parse monkey is being made.

Looking forward to see your story!
  • tgrippa
    tgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quitting for another MMO.
    PCEU
    heh.
    heh.
  • Ardriel
    Ardriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the best moments for me was the 1st vMA no death run. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would ever achieve that... I felt so happy :)
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    A dungeon in Murkmire where you need to escape in time ignoring the various chests around or you get killed by poisonous gas.
    The moral there is not to be greedy ^^

By the way you can do it by opening all the treasure chests... a little spoiler all of them contain 1 lockpik.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    The day the game came out I bought a copy for my wife and I. People were brand new and had not realized the game was meant to be played in 3rd person. Or maybe it wasn't and people just started doing that, who knows. But it was an Elder Scrolls game and that first fight out of the tutorial of Cold Harbor with myself, my wife, and a bunch of other players, was epic.
  • Bo0137
    Bo0137
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really love ESO at its current state but my foundest memory ever was creating a character day one and exploring this vast and untamed world. NOBODY knew what to do, how to do. There were no metas, no guides, there was no one max level. Everything felt big and everybody was a noob. I even remember being scammed paying for a vampire bite and not actually getting one. In fact, I remember finding out there was vampirism in the game and that you had to be bitten in order to acquire the skill line. And the Glenumbra questline... oh, that was marvelous.

That was a good time but I much prefer today's ESO. The quality of life in the game back then was really bad.
    -On my shoulder, Ms. Ahvine
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Two of my guilds have just celebrated their ninth birthday's.

The first year I spent learning the game, then I met these guys and girls, we've played, laughed, cried and screamed together ever since.

Best thing is both guilds are still full, active and have loads of crazy funny people in them! 💞
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Way back when territories where leveled (ie lvl 45-50), venturing into a new area where the monsters were new and so much more powerful!

It was an amazing feeling! Occasionally another player would save your butt or you learned how to RUN!

Ah, good times....
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably the first time I did the Forgotten Wastes Group Event.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In beta the devs would show up as ghost and we'd get to interact with them
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    being able to his sick nasty combos by skillfully animation canceling and having hard hitting non damage proc builds that you could 1vX in.
    RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil stress test - 2000 players in a single instance all vying for victory in a 3-way mega battle. That was an incredibly exhilarating experience, and opened my eyes to the true capabilities of Zenimax's Megaserver architecture.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first Vma clear many many years ago I could have cried after so many hours of attempts. I did it when the meta was about 20k dps

• Xoz
    Xoz
    ✭✭✭
    I got bitten at a vampire shrine and the player aggressively demanded I pay him, despite me not having spoken to him before. I promptly left, paid a Priest of Arkay for a cure, only to return and have another player bite me for free in front of him.
    That may have not been very nice of me, but I admit it makes me laugh nearly a decade later. At the time, selling bites was going out of style.
    PS4 & PC
    AD
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Once August rolls around, it will be my 6th year of playing ESO. It is the longest I have ever played any MMO, and I hope to continue to do so for many years to come.

Some of my favorite memories:
    1. Getting the Emperor achievement on my EP Templar. I created him with the notion in the back of my mind that his character and personality would have the determination to become Emperor, and having the chance to actually embody that dream was one of the most thrilling things I've ever experienced in any game. I delighted in the sleepless nights and the climb to the top of the leader board. The friends I made along the way are wonderful people, and I'll always love playing on EP because of them. Helping out during an EMP push is now my favorite thing.

2. Creating my first character, and being introduced to lock picking for the first time in the Vvardenfell tutorial. I'd never seen a thief mechanic in an MMO before, and I was beyond excited that I could make my character a little scoundrel, lol.

3. I love playing this game with family, especially my parents who have been gaming at my side for years. Back when I first played the game, during our first Witches Festival, we still hadn't hit CP levels yet. We went into Fungal Grotto for the first time, and when we reached the end boss, me and my dad got killed. Meanwhile, my mother, who is in her 60's, was determined to finish the dungeon. She soloed the boss on her under leveled warden- in spite of arthritis pain, and tendinitis- while we laid there like a couple of fancy rugs cheering her on, lol. Her sheer level of grit always makes me smile. These days, she's my favorite partner to run Infinite Archive with, because her tactical abilities play well off of my own, and we can predict each other's moves.

4. Hanging out with my dad during events in ESO, and making a party of it. I go to their house, he cooks our favorite stuff, and we spend the whole day grinding together, joking around, and having a blast. (Matter of fact, he just made us both a huge steak lunch to fuel up for grinding the jesters festival XD) It's how we bond in my adult life.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on 28 March 2024 17:47
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Kimda
    Kimda
    ✭✭✭
    Got my Master Angler Achievement at Cyrodiil.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im 9 days out from hitting my 10 years lol

some of the more memorable times ive had was first time clearing dungeons on vet, back during the first year of the game, and the memories of old craglorn lol

actually managed to clear a majority of the group dungeons on vet HM (the now current "2" dungeons) back in the old days where 3000-3500 max hp was considered "high health", i mostly learned to tank in this era lol

i also remember when IC first released, and at the time it was the only way to get rubedite mats by deconning drops (and then selling them for 300g an ingot lol), still my favorite zone after all these years
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran Zones
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild group completed vHRC HM final boss.....without a tank (glitched and was locked out).
  • Zastrix
    Zastrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, when I paid back a friend in ESO. I've met him at a random fishing location when I was 16 and after some talk he gave me the dark brotherhood DLC just because he wanted to. As soon as I got a job as a developer I bought him a super cool shiny wolf mount which he wanted and he was ECSTATIC.
    110-114k Stage 4 Vamprie Magblade u39
    Aldmeri Dominion did nothing wrong in Shadowfen.
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I first played the game back when one tamriel released for PS4 and spent 40ish hours just wandering auridon

I couldn't beat a maormer with a snake in a tower, Literally spent an hour trying to kill this guy

I couldn't figure out why there were monkeys around this one house

I really miss the absolute "wonder" this game had the first time I played through things, t's completely gone and the over world has gotten so easy there just isn't a point in slowing down and taking it in. I do kinda get the same feeling from running a vet dungeon the first time or 2 but man 2100ish hours later on PC I'm left asking why do I still play this?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a new dungeon would drop a friend would ask if I wanted to run it with him. He always tanked, I healed and a couple of other friends from a guild were the DPS. Before we would start he would say if we are going to do it we might as well do it on Vet. Then later he would say since we are here we might as well do hard mode.
    We would sometimes spend a few hours trying to figure out the mechanics. If we couldn't after many tries then we would visit a site with a tutorial for a quick clue. We didn't always finish the first night but eventually made it. Going in with no idea what was about to happen and try to figure it out was always a lot of fun.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When cyrodiil had a 250-500 population per faction and didn't lag
    When ic was packed
    When bgs had a deathmatch option
    When stat sets were the meta instead of proc damage sets
    When undeath wasn't overtuned
    When the other 80+ percent of my friends list / bg guild associates were still active
    When zos had a pvp dev team
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • sbam66
    sbam66
    ✭✭
    Best memory is wayyy back, not having the knowledge I do now & after numerous attempts FINALLY passing Veteran Maelstrom Arena! One of the best memories during this game for sure!
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    Entering a desperate mass attack on a subterranean Harrowstorm with my just completed first healer build and watch what seemed like an ocean of green life counters rise up from the crowd...and winning that event with a fully healed group.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farming ~1000 Normal Maw of Lorkhaj's for 2 Sharpened Moondancer Swords before trait change and collection log.... then accidentally deconstructing one. This was around the update before/after housing (homestead).
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So many great moments, it’s hard to choose.

A tie between getting the achievement for killing someone with Volendrung and killing the wielder of Volendrung, and completing Vmol the first time.

I hope for many more in the future.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This past Christmas was a joy for me. I gave away almost all the crowns I had received from year sub. To be able to give some stranger a DLC or a ton of rare mats from my Infinite Craft Bag.

I am already saving up stuff to gift as presents for next Xmas.
    Edited by shadyjane62 on 29 March 2024 01:48
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably working on and achieving Unchained with a cracked group back when it was new content.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The day I finally made emp.
    Edited by Vulkunne on 29 March 2024 02:34
    We Know...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fondest memory is of leaving Vvardenfell for the first time and running around Tamriel trying to see and do everything at once. I did all of the quests out of order because I didn't know any better, and I had a grand time doing it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!