The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Daedric Protection Sorc Passive

nocturnalSnob
nocturnalSnob
Soul Shriven
Passive is supposed to increase Health and Stamina recovery while Daedric Summoning ability is slotted. It doesn’t work, nothing changes when you slot any of those abilities on your bar. Missing something?
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Passive is supposed to increase Health and Stamina recovery while Daedric Summoning ability is slotted. It doesn’t work, nothing changes when you slot any of those abilities on your bar. Missing something?

Is this a UI issue? A few skills that offer extra stats for slotting don’t update their values in the UI in a timely manner, but the stats are actually correct.

You can test your actual recoveries by dumping health and stam and noting how much of each you gain back every recovery tick (every other second) in combat. Combat Metrics can provide the specific number on PC. I believe the base game scrolling combat text can as well, but I use a UI add-on for that.

Swapping to the other bar and back might get the health recovery and stam recovery values to update. Some skills in other lines that provide stats for slotting require a barswap for their bonuses to be reflected on the stat page.

In the same skill line, though, Expert Summoner seems to have a bug with the UI such that sometimes even barswap doesn’t update it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/654193/expert-summoner-passive-not-working#latest

The stats seem to be functioning as intended, per the testing there. It’s the UI that is not always accurate.

I’d suggest also submitting a bug report in game, which is the devs’ preferred way to get them, especially if it’s more than a UI issue.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the passive increases max health if you have a summoned pet active, the summoned pet can count ANY pet (proc pets, ball lightning, etc) not just sorc pets

and you get max mag and max stam with no pet active
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the passive increases max health if you have a summoned pet active, the summoned pet can count ANY pet (proc pets, ball lightning, etc) not just sorc pets

Daedric Protection is a different passive. It increases healthy recovery and stam recovery for slotting a Daedric Summoning skill.

I linked the thread about Expert Summoner in case the investigations there might help shed light on what’s happening with Daedric Protection.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Daedric Protection is a different passive. It increases healthy recovery and stam recovery for slotting a Daedric Summoning skill.

I linked the thread about Expert Summoner in case the investigations there might help shed light on what’s happening with Daedric Protection.

shows how much i actually play sorc, i thought they were talking about the other passive lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • nocturnalSnob
    nocturnalSnob
    Soul Shriven

Is this a UI issue? A few skills that offer extra stats for slotting don’t update their values in the UI in a timely manner, but the stats are actually correct.

You can test your actual recoveries by dumping health and stam and noting how much of each you gain back every recovery tick (every other second) in combat. Combat Metrics can provide the specific number on PC. I believe the base game scrolling combat text can as well, but I use a UI add-on for that.

Swapping to the other bar and back might get the health recovery and stam recovery values to update. Some skills in other lines that provide stats for slotting require a barswap for their bonuses to be reflected on the stat page.

In the same skill line, though, Expert Summoner seems to have a bug with the UI such that sometimes even barswap doesn’t update it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/654193/expert-summoner-passive-not-working#latest

The stats seem to be functioning as intended, per the testing there. It’s the UI that is not always accurate.

I’d suggest also submitting a bug report in game, which is the devs’ preferred way to get them, especially if it’s more than a UI issue.

The Expert Summoner works just fine for me, at least that. But the daedric protection doesn’t change the stats on the sheet. I will test it tho to see if it’s actually there and it’s just an UI issue or it’s not working
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

shows how much i actually play sorc, i thought they were talking about the other passive lol

I completely understand - I'm a templar main myself. I do appreciate occasions for testing on other classes, though. I will come to know them through their bugs if nothing else.