The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Tarnished Nightmare need be nerfed

HuanShai
HuanShai
✭✭
apparently the nightblade builds that kill in 1 second returned with this patch, and worst of all they are abusing it with bow... I believe this is not the type of experience expected in pvp. These combinations do not provide opportunities for gameplay.
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 3 April 2024 13:39
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tarnished Nightmare is an AOE so the Major Evasion from Quick Cloak really helps. Also the coefficient is only 1.13 MaxPower so they need a ton of WD/SD and the target need to be somewhat fragile to make the set impactful.

I think Tarnished Nightmare hit me for 5k once. Oh no. Apparently there's a bug where Tarnished hits for 10-20k or more.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 29 March 2024 21:03
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe nerf the sound effect.
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tarnished Nightmare is not the issue in U41. 60k max magicka Sorcs need nerf instead.

10% max magicka = 519 extra power in U41
    (60000-(60000/1.1))/10.5 = 519.4805

Basically Mag Sorc got a buff in U41 the equivalent of a 5 piece damage set.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 28 March 2024 00:31
    PC NA
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the sound. Damage is poo.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Galeriano2
    Galeriano2
    ✭✭✭
    It definietly needs a fix because it reaches some crazy values like 30k+ hits on players under certain circumstances.
  • Praid_Crimson
    Praid_Crimson
    ✭✭
    Srsly? :D this set isn`t OP check CMX... The only thing they need to turn off ---> LOUD SOUND of broken glass
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Srsly? :D this set isn`t OP check CMX... The only thing they need to turn off ---> LOUD SOUND of broken glass
    Not CMX but Deathrecap
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Tarnished Nightmare is not the issue in U41. 60k max magicka Sorcs need nerf instead.

10% max magicka = 519 extra power in U41
    (60000-(60000/1.1))/10.5 = 519.4805

Basically Mag Sorc got a buff in U41 the equivalent of a 5 piece damage set.
    Yes and we lost 10% max health at the same time.
    So 10% max health (don't need a formula) on a 60K+ health sorc lost basicly a 5 piece Plague Doctor :)
    Edited by Zabagad on 28 March 2024 10:21
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Praid_Crimson
    Praid_Crimson
    ✭✭
    @
    Zabagad wrote: »
    Not CMX but Deathrecap

CMX to check damage when you use it :wink:
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are aware and taking care of it.

At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let the proc gankers live their lives
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tarnished Nightmare is an AOE so the Major Evasion from Quick Cloak really helps. Also the coefficient is only 1.13 MaxPower so they need a ton of WD/SD and the target need to be somewhat fragile to make the set impactful.

I think Tarnished Nightmare hit me for 5k once. Oh no.

When this set is used without exploiting, it is entirely manageable. It's not a problem with the set itself or its budget.

The problem is that there are very bad interactions between this set and other things in both PvP and PvE which (as mentioned above) they are aware of and have a solution for. That's what people are seeing with the egregious damage in death recaps/CMX.
  • Major_Toughness
    Major_Toughness
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damage without bug is fine, sound is annoying AF.

Current bug is funny but honestly don't care if it gets fixed. Don't stack :D
    Edited by Major_Toughness on 28 March 2024 15:55
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk where all this "it isn't that strong" sentiment is coming from, exploit aside. Sounds like a lot of people just have poorly optimized builds.

On my hybridNB using this set, I was consistently hitting 4-6k procs in duels vs players who are properly built in sets like rallying cry with 25-32k resistances. I was also hitting around 900-1100 damage sundered procs, which the set guarantees. Keep in mind, I'm hitting these numbers on a "1vX" style build with plenty of survivability and sustain built in, on a glass cannon ganking setup these numbers can be dramatically higher.

An AOE 5k (+1k sundered) proc every 8 seconds, that also gives you 3k pen and 100 weapon & spell damage every time it fires is extremely strong. I feel like people don't even realize what sundered is actually giving them.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    Idk where all this "it isn't that strong" sentiment is coming from, exploit aside. Sounds like a lot of people just have poorly optimized builds.

On my hybridNB using this set, I was consistently hitting 4-6k procs in duels vs players who are properly built in sets like rallying cry with 25-32k resistances. I was also hitting around 900-1100 damage sundered procs, which the set guarantees. Keep in mind, I'm hitting these numbers on a "1vX" style build with plenty of survivability and sustain built in, on a glass cannon ganking setup these numbers can be dramatically higher.

An AOE 5k (+1k sundered) proc every 8 seconds, that also gives you 3k pen and 100 weapon & spell damage every time it fires is extremely strong. I feel like people don't even realize what sundered is actually giving them.

React, your comments are always the best, and to the rest I think I expressed myself poorly, I want to talk about the entire set in which the nightblade is giving high hits in the midst of various pvx gameplays. While you as a player are doing 1vX all your challenge is destroyed in a second by such set combination.
    PS: I keep expressing myself badly
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    Let the proc gankers live their lives

Of course, u are one of these gankers.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HuanShai wrote: »

Yeah, and it's a playstyle that belongs in the game. It's no worse than any other form of cheese/hyper-meta that tilts other players, and it is a necessary counter to one very powerful playstyle this patch.

Also these are builds with very clear weaknesses and windows of downtime.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you don't have easy access to Sundered then the set is impactful.

9% crit chance
    3634 penetration (2974 Minor Breach + 660 Force of Nature)
    100 wd/sd
    6k AOE damage every 8 seconds (750 dps)

Many sets have similar density but without the damage proc.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 28 March 2024 17:15
    PC NA
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭

Yeah, and it's a playstyle that belongs in the game. It's no worse than any other form of cheese/hyper-meta that tilts other players, and it is a necessary counter to one very powerful playstyle this patch.

I don't know how this benefits anyone other than yourself, if the hypermeta itself is the combination that in a second kills any player with damage builds, the game has to have a fight.
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭

counter attack necessary for those who don't want to learn any fighting mechanics and are looking for the easiest way to play.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know how this benefits anyone other than yourself, if the hypermeta itself is the combination that in a second kills any player with damage builds, the game has to have a fight.

Let me try to help you buddy, what kind of "fair" playstyle do you enjoy?
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    All except two builds that kill anyone in 1 second and another where you have infinite shield while also having a lot of damage. I summarized the patch problem in 2 comments.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All except two builds that kill anyone in 1 second and another where you have infinite shield while also having a lot of damage. I summarized the patch problem in 2 comments.

Come on tell us your favorite, little guy
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    onir5iqi5khd.png

Come on tell us your favorite, little guy

• acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think Tarnished Nightmare hit me for 5k once. Oh no. Apparently there's a bug where Tarnished hits for 10-20k or more.

Try over 80k (single crit hit), it's severely bugged and being actively abused. ZOS is aware of the issue so hopefully we'll get a fix and a banwave for the bug abusers.
    vvusru6qbqxh.png
    Edit: Edited screenshot to remove information that could lead to more copycats. But this is being done with a zero-risk build allowing this abusive massive damage to be triggered from complete safety.
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on 31 March 2024 20:51
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of whatever is allowing an 80k Crit ([snip]?), it' probably just a little overtuned with the change to status procs (and it's application on both melee/range)

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 1 April 2024 18:51
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's literally templar backlash plus AOE for the cost of waiting 2 more seconds but not having to fill with damage.

Or, its haunting curse plus 1k sundered. Can I guess give it the initial 3.5 seconds waiting on a crit
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    The set is bugged, the damage scales with weapon & spell damage but it can also crit and scales with damage increase of other skills like proximity detonation (+100% damage per enemy) and probably master's weapon too.

Here are some of the values we had tonight, so yes, it is definitely bugged.

6volzvza4kcr.png

d7d8jr426617.png

m941bu2s8opo.png
    faster guys kill kill
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    DucLIX wrote: »
    The set is bugged, the damage scales with weapon & spell damage but it can also crit and scales with damage increase of other skills like proximity detonation (+100% damage per enemy) and probably master's weapon too.

Here are some of the values we had tonight, so yes, it is definitely bugged.

6volzvza4kcr.png

d7d8jr426617.png

m941bu2s8opo.png

Hmmm, makes sense
  • HuanShai
    HuanShai
    ✭✭
    2nzxuowa5qwm.jpeg
    6olsbq0qx7je.jpeg
    I GOT NEW GLITCHERS IMAGES
This discussion has been closed.