The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

POLL: Would you like a new Solo Arena similar to Maelstrom/Vateshran? PLUS Solo Arena Hard Modes?

Xzysts
Xzysts
✭✭✭
I miss the old days where doing Maelstrom Flawless Conqueror and getting Spirit Slayer signified that you had accomplished something challenging within the game alone. Maybe hard mode completion gives guaranteed double gold weapon drops, etc... idk I am just throwing ideas out there... unique rewards? trifecta? skins? mounts?
Edited by Xzysts on 27 March 2024 13:39
-Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms

POLL: Would you like a new Solo Arena similar to Maelstrom/Vateshran? PLUS Solo Arena Hard Modes? 157 votes

Yes, we need a new solo arena...
24%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOSluggyAektannTX12001rwb17_ESOSalamanNZCave_CanemHowlKimchiMarigold1CherryCakePapaTankersDarkdexTheSpunkyLobsterRowjohSilverIce58FroilWarbow7El_BorrachoCatagamiWhimsVeesk 39 votes
No, I do not like solo arena...
46%
BlueRavenvailjohn_ESOchessalavakia_ESOAD_TuggoBelegnoleKayshaKendaricDanikatp_tsakirisb16_ESOAlienSlofMaster_FluffneksusRhezblodSilverBrideTandorshadyjane62Enemy-of-ColdharbourjcacereswValarMorghulis1896peter1488 73 votes
YES, add a new solo arena AND add a Veteran Hard Mode to all current and future arenas... w/unique rewards upon completion (think trifecta achievement, maybe skin, mount, etc)
28%
wrrn519_ESOBeeKingKatelinssewallb14_ESOfreespiritSirCriticalTannus15DragonnordMrCray78Blackbird_VYthothamocapSeminolegirl1992WelanduznotyuucolossalvoidsMashmalloManArchangelIsrapheltonyblackXzysts 45 votes
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES, add a new solo arena AND add a Veteran Hard Mode to all current and future arenas... w/unique rewards upon completion (think trifecta achievement, maybe skin, mount, etc)
    The more variety the better, solo arenas should be the main training grounds and the best character/mechanic knowledge tests out there, same as group ones for the 4 man content.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need new things. More 2 man content for sure. Would also be nice to have new 5 or 8 man content as well.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    The more variety the better, solo arenas should be the main training grounds and the best character/mechanic knowledge tests out there, same as group ones for the 4 man content.

I agree, Maelstrom helped me to become a better player overall in the game. I remember my first Vet run took me 16 hours no sigils. I was running Julianos and Withered Hand lol... after that my next run went down to 2 hours, then I was doing 30 minute runs in no time w/ no death no sigil.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    We need new things. More 2 man content for sure. Would also be nice to have new 5 or 8 man content as well.

2 man content would be cool... or just have scaling content that increases difficulty with each new group member after 2+
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IA is a kind of solo arena, so I'm pretty happy we got it, but I wouldn't say no to more proper solo arenas like MA/VH, though priority-wise I think it's time for a 4-person one, since it's been a few years since BRP.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of players, and I really mean a lot, do not improve their skills because they're afraid to go to Maelstrom and Vateshran arenas.

They should go, as it's a great way to practice and know your character potential.

Edited by Dragonnord on 27 March 2024 22:51
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More solo content
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

I wouldn't say no to one but we just got IA. A new type of group content would be cool.
  • ShatteredRose6
    Yes I would like a new solo arena but more welcoming to a 4-man arena like DSA or BRP. Either is super nice to have in the game
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They could also revamp Dragonstar adding speed run, no death, trifecta and rest of achievements to it.

• Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Indifferent. Though, Vateshran does have HM already, it’s not using the sigils.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of them myself, but I don't see a problem putting them in if others enjoy them (they rank slightly above battlegrounds which are definitely my least favorite thing)
    Soupy twist
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

That's not hard mode. That some addons or individuals call it as HM doesn't mean it is. Not using the sigils is just not using the sigils.

Hard mode is adding more health, resistance, damage and so on the boss/adds and generally also adding new mechanics to the fight.

• ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely. I love solo arenas because I enjoy testing my skills and understanding of mechanics without reliance on other people.

More challenging solo content in general is something that would appeal to me greatly- such as vet versions of quest lines which offer additional rewards for redoing a quest on vet mode (accessible after completion on normal) but that's an entirely different conversation.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

That's not hard mode. That some addons or individuals call it as HM doesn't mean it is. Not using the sigils is just not using the sigils.

Hard mode is adding more health, resistance, damage and so on the boss/adds and generally also adding new mechanics to the fight.

It’s not addons or individuals calling it hard mode, it’s in the trifecta achievement that you can’t use sigils, which does make things harder. Only for brp and vateshran though, maelstrom has no hard mode (though not sure how you can define flawless conquerer as a tri then if it’s more like a bi).
    Edited by Soarora on 27 March 2024 16:56
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Other

I wouldn't say no to one but we just got IA. A new type of group content would be cool.

Id love more solo content but I’d also love to see solo, 2 and 4 player iterations of all the arenas we have currently. Could be fun. Same for IA! 4 player IA would be dope.

Also, server stability aside, a 20 man activity would be cool in ESO
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike all arenas, but particularly solo ones. They are just so long and tedious.

I finally completed Vateshran Hollows for the first time the other day and it was so awful I never want to do it again. I only stuck with it this time because I wanted the trophy for my trophy display house.

I don't like the group arenas either but having a friend along makes it much more bearable.
    PCNA
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same. Arenas are all built for DDs.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don’t enjoy them, although Maelstrom was thematically interesting at least, and yet solo arenas often have gear I want for the content I do enjoy. More than that, you have to complete the whole thing for it to be worth doing at all. I would probably like them more if it were like the Archive, where you got currency for progression but a weapon drop for completion. That way I wouldn’t feel like I’m wasting my time if I can’t complete it. That’s why I haven’t done them on vet yet, although I keep intending to go back to Maelstrom… I don’t like Vaeteshran at all and feel very fortunate to have gotten the S&B the one and only time I forced myself through it. I can’t explain why, beyond personal preference, I enjoy working on getting past something challenging as a group, even with just one other person, but solo I’m more likely to just get frustrated with myself and/or the activity.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Preferably a proper solo arena. Not a solo that's also a duo / bring-a-companion but the stats are the same for both modes.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »

It’s not addons or individuals calling it hard mode, it’s in the trifecta achievement that you can’t use sigils, which does make things harder. Only for brp and vateshran though, maelstrom has no hard mode (though not sure how you can define flawless conquerer as a tri then if it’s more like a bi).

Yeah, I know what you mean, but personally I still don't take that as hard mode, since there is no DIRECT increase in difficulty (let asside grabbing sigilis make thins easier) as everything is the same (no more health on bosses, no more damage, no extra mechs).

I mean, see it this way, imagine if ZOS announces that a challenge banner will be added to last boss of Black Rose Prison. What we do that day? We call it hard mode 2? If a challenge banner can still be placed there, then that's the proof that a real hard mode still doesn't exist in that arena.

The achievements in trials where you must do speed, no death and hard mode without using the buffs, those would be similar to not using sigils in Black Rose Prison (only that BRP has no HM).

BRP has speed, has no death and has no use of buffs (like in trials), but doesn't have a real hard mode.

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guarantee we won't get anything like this for at least 3+ years. IA fills this niche and more, it still has a lot of potential to be expanded upon. We still don't have all 3 skill line sets, I'm guessing they'll do 1 per year. Maybe after those 3, they'll double up on skill lines or release 2 piece weapons related to specific skills for years to come. They could add more modifiers, more maps, more modes, more bosses, more enemies. Maybe even a modified version that isn't endless, with a ramped up difficulty that takes around 30-45m to complete to emulate Vat/Mael.

As much as I love Vat/Mael, IA adds so much potential that I don't even know if I want them to waste more developer time to create a type of content I can farm within like 15-20 runs (now that sticker book and curation is here), then never step in again. The few people that still run this content for leaderboards have to be like 0.00001% of the playerbase. Most people are happy to get their gear and never visit it again.

Would I want it, sure. I just don't really see the NEED for it any time soon and them NOT making another arena means we can get more content elsewhere like PVP as we're seeing with Q4's content this year. I'd much rather them make new things for now.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on 27 March 2024 19:14
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    I guarantee we won't get anything like this for at least 3+ years. IA fills this niche and more, it still has a lot of potential to be expanded upon. We still don't have all 3 skill line sets, I'm guessing they'll do 1 per year. Maybe after those 3, they'll double up on skill lines or release 2 piece weapons related to specific skills for years to come. They could add more modifiers, more maps, more modes, more bosses, more enemies. Maybe even a modified version that isn't endless, with a ramped up difficulty that takes around 30-45m to complete to emulate Vat/Mael.

As much as I love Vat/Mael, IA adds so much potential that I don't even know if I want them to waste more developer time to create a type of content I can farm within like 15-20 runs (now that sticker book and curation is here), then never step in again. The few people that still run this content for leaderboards have to be like 0.00001% of the playerbase. Most people are happy to get their gear and never visit it again.

Would I want it, sure. I just don't really see the NEED for it any time soon and them NOT making another arena means we can get more content elsewhere like PVP as we're seeing with Q4's content this year. I'd much rather them make new things for now.

Yea I agree, I think IA needs a vet mode idk. It’s just really boring and not challenging. Takes too long to get to a high tier I feel like
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    more solo arenas could be fun.
    i like Vateshran Hollows.

but i would really like a duo arena so i can take companions or a friend with me.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    more solo arenas could be fun.
    i like Vateshran Hollows.

but i would really like a duo arena so i can take companions or a friend with me.

Same. I just wish IA was more challenging.
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
  • VisitHammerfell
    VisitHammerfell
    ✭✭✭
    I would love a new solo arena. The vet version already is the hard mode. Anything more difficult than vMA or vVH would be hell and IA certainly doesn't need a more difficult mode, either get to arc 3+ or just go play Elden Ring if you enjoy suffering. Try soloing vet dlc dungeons. There is no need for content .005% of players will be able to complete.
    FOR THE COVENANT!
    PS NA 2200+ CP
    🦁 Colonel 1 (25)

PS EU 1300+ CP
    🦁 Tribune 2 (28)

PS NA Alt 500+ CP
    🦁 Captain 1 (19)

Bring back Crafty Lerisa (with same voice actress)
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love a new solo arena. The vet version already is the hard mode. Anything more difficult than vMA or vVH would be hell and IA certainly doesn't need a more difficult mode, either get to arc 3+ or just go play Elden Ring if you enjoy suffering. Try soloing vet dlc dungeons. There is no need for content .005% of players will be able to complete.

With the powercreep, even the most inept manage to clear vMA/vVH - the veterans version already don't seem all that veteran, and the normal version is overworld-tier when it comes to difficulty level, especially vMA. At least in vVH you can get lost, lol.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my sort of "content for fun".

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is a no brainer that the more quality content that is added the better.

just as long as it's not an easy ride for the kids/casuals or so difficult that it's a time sink only the unemployed and student fraternity have the free time to commit to.
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not like Vateshran though; I get so sick of that one just because of all the running around between bosses and extra things hidden throughout the arena.

More duo stuff would be nice too, would add a lot of life to the game for me and my one close friend that also actually still bothers to play this game.